Price Check: How much is my _____ worth?

Chyros

19 Feb 2016, 11:09

bazh wrote: How much a NIB Model M (fullsize) worth?
Which part number?

bazh

19 Feb 2016, 17:11

Chyros wrote:
bazh wrote: How much a NIB Model M (fullsize) worth?
Which part number?
I asked the seller but he refuse to take a pic of the backside so I just give it up :?

Halvar

19 Feb 2016, 17:14

If it's NIB ask him to take a picture of the sticker label on the outside of the box. The one with the part number starting with 138.... or 139....

0laf

21 Feb 2016, 03:58

Hi,

I have this unused IBM Model M keyboard, P/N 1397003, 122 keys.
Some keys seem customized (colors)? Does anyone know more about it?
How much would it be worth apporixmately? Thank you!
Attachments
ibm01.JPG
ibm01.JPG (99.97 KiB) Viewed 4871 times

Crazy Canadian XXIV

21 Feb 2016, 07:42

81LZ5h15brL._SL1500_.jpg
81LZ5h15brL._SL1500_.jpg (140.33 KiB) Viewed 4846 times
So, I was down at a local Salvation Army today, and came across this old Smith Corona portable electric typewriter. Well, not exactly this one - I didn't have a camera on me - but the same model as far as I can tell; just a different colour. It appears to be fully functional. Anyone know what they're realistically selling for these days, if at all?

Muirium
µ

21 Feb 2016, 12:11

I believe the price is one "immortal soul", payable on demand, for the moral crime of turning away from Salvation when they had a half decent excuse right there for you to donate and get another keyboard out of it. Sinner!

Hmm. Preachy is a hard mode to write jokes in! I must practice.

Anyway, I've come across Smith Corona caps before, but not the typewriters. People strip them for the caps, shelve those for a while, forget why they're keeping them, and ultimately pop the lot into gifts or trades for their fellow keyboard brethren. Which suggests the value is nonzero but very close to bugger all!

@0laf: pretty similar. 122 key Model *F* is worth about $100. 122 key Model M is worth about $100 less than that. Harvest the caps and you'll probably get a better price selling those. The keyboard itself is a pain to use and costs more to ship than it deserves.

0laf

21 Feb 2016, 13:02

Muirium wrote:@0laf: pretty similar. 122 key Model *F* is worth about $100. 122 key Model M is worth about $100 less than that. Harvest the caps and you'll probably get a better price selling those. The keyboard itself is a pain to use and costs more to ship than it deserves.
Thank you! I was actually not sure if it is a Model F or M,
but the underside is made of plastic - so I guess that means it is a Model M.

Muirium
µ

21 Feb 2016, 13:24

Definite M. You can tell from the small top deck as well. Fs always came in the earlier style.

Halvar

21 Feb 2016, 14:34

0laf wrote: Hi,

I have this unused IBM Model M keyboard, P/N 1397003, 122 keys.
Some keys seem customized (colors)? Does anyone know more about it?
How much would it be worth apporixmately? Thank you!
F-122s are unobtainable in Germany (or Europe) anyway, and this is the kind of M-122 that you can directly connect to a PC (it has a ps/2 connector, right?). These are not frequent, so in spite of the bad 1kro of these, I still think you might be able to find someone who likes it for being the battleship it is and its nice pc-compatible keycaps and pays maybe 50 € for it.

I could also imagine that it would be interesting for an as/400 user (to use with a terminal emulation on a PC) if there are still any.

Muirium
µ

21 Feb 2016, 14:39

For such an unobtainable board, there sure are a lot of F122 users here at DT! I'm not one of them — way too damn big for my liking — but they're far from the top of the scarcity pyramid. Unsavers are harder to find, for a start.

Chyros

21 Feb 2016, 14:49

F122s aren't as common as M122s, but really not unobtainable. You should be able to land a nice one for $100 or less without having to look for too long, really.

Halvar

21 Feb 2016, 18:12

I have an F122, but I had to import it from Texas, with shipping being on the cheap side with about $50 ... I have once in three years seen one that wasn't imported from another continent. Certainly none with a German layout like Olaf's M.

Have you seen any in the UK?
Last edited by Halvar on 21 Feb 2016, 18:14, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

21 Feb 2016, 18:13

I haven't looked. Obese boards like that are not for me.

Bear in mind every Model F is ready to go ISO or ANSI with minimal effort. Which is why those caps are more interesting than the lousy M they are housed on.

Chyros

21 Feb 2016, 18:19

I do look for obese boards like that (the bigger the better!) but I don't think I have seen any UK ones either. I got mine from the US (I think I had to sell two boards to afford it).

mastermachetier

21 Feb 2016, 18:28

Muirium wrote: I believe the price is one "immortal soul", payable on demand, for the moral crime of turning away from Salvation when they had a half decent excuse right there for you to donate and get another keyboard out of it. Sinner!

Hmm. Preachy is a hard mode to write jokes in! I must practice.

Anyway, I've come across Smith Corona caps before, but not the typewriters. People strip them for the caps, shelve those for a while, forget why they're keeping them, and ultimately pop the lot into gifts or trades for their fellow keyboard brethren. Which suggests the value is nonzero but very close to bugger all!

@0laf: pretty similar. 122 key Model *F* is worth about $100. 122 key Model M is worth about $100 less than that. Harvest the caps and you'll probably get a better price selling those. The keyboard itself is a pain to use and costs more to ship than it deserves.

Would a converted model m122 fetch any kinda of money ?

Muirium
µ

21 Feb 2016, 20:53

Depends on the buyer. Think I tried selling mine for £30 once, but no takers. The board's worth less than the Teensy. So out it came!

bubblebobbler

22 Feb 2016, 04:21

how much would a full-size board with simp. black alps sell for?

Thanks!

ohaimark
Kingpin

22 Feb 2016, 04:31

Depends on the board. Using an AT101W, which has complicated blacks, as a benchmark I'd say $15 to $20.

effectiveduck

22 Feb 2016, 08:29

What's the market value of OG Cherry DS BoW sets? Standard ANSI. Also Classic Beige if possible.

Khers

22 Feb 2016, 11:01

effectiveduck wrote: What's the market value of OG Cherry DS BoW sets? Standard ANSI. Also Classic Beige if possible.
It depends on the condition, 1800 or 1000/3000-layout, WKL, G80/81 etc. I'd say around about $100 if it's immaculate. Considerably more if it has DS 1.25u center stemmed bottom row mods. Considerably less if it's worn.

Thvle

23 Feb 2016, 12:05

What would be the price of new Cherry G80-1800HAMGB-0 manufactured in 2003?

kbdfr
The Tiproman

23 Feb 2016, 12:19

Do you mean "new" like "new in box" or like "bought new myself and never used" or like "looks new to me"?

Thvle

23 Feb 2016, 12:21

kbdfr wrote: Do you mean "new" like "new in box" or like "bought new myself and never used" or like "looks new to me"?
New brand, unused.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

23 Feb 2016, 12:48

In your other thread you said you recently bought it new from eBay.
Did you get it in the box or do you just rely on the seller saying it is unused,
or are you such an expert that from its condition you can definitely say it is unused?

Thvle

23 Feb 2016, 12:57

kbdfr wrote: In your other thread you said you recently bought it new from eBay.
Did you get it in the box or do you just rely on the seller saying it is unused,
or are you such an expert that from its condition you can definitely say it is unused?
In ebay says unused, and new. Obviously when I get it I will see both status of the keycaps or the body, inside too, if have scratchs or not (the status of cable too). If everything is spotless, I assume that is new. If I do not get that feeling, I claim with Paypal and go.

I have good experiences with Ebay ... Some time ago I bought a brand new IBM model M (with its original box and manuals) and also a Dell AT102W unused and new too.

So... more or less? (the price of G80-1800HAMGB)

kbdfr
The Tiproman

23 Feb 2016, 13:28

Thvle wrote: […] Obviously when I get it I will see […]
Wait a minute…
So you are saying you don't even have it yet?
Which would mean the photo you posted in your other thread does not even show the actual keyboard you're talking about,
as the photo is obviously taken from Geekhack.

Well, if this is the case, are you one of the buyers of the boards which recently sold on eBay for £15.50 or £65.50?

sintklaas73

23 Feb 2016, 13:31

Oh I also missed the 2nd "round"...

Thvle

23 Feb 2016, 13:31

kbdfr wrote:
Thvle wrote: […] Obviously when I get it I will see […]
Wait a minute…
So you are saying you don't even have it yet?
Which would mean the photo you posted in your other thread does not even show the actual keyboard you're talking about,
as the photo is obviously taken from Geekhack.

Well, if this is the case, are you one of the buyers of the boards which recently sold on eBay for £15.50 or £65.50?
Yeah, the photo is from a user of geekhack.

I bought for 65,50 pounds, yes.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

23 Feb 2016, 13:37

Well, then you know how much it's worth to you :lol:

guk
1896 Vintage Reds

23 Feb 2016, 13:39

After shipping, that's pretty much the amount photekq estimated. So you might be able to sell it without a loss. If you keep it in the box.

Return to “Marketplace Help”