Price Check: How much is my _____ worth?

hammelgammler
Vintage

06 Apr 2015, 11:24

Just bought that keyboard/numpad.
It's an Apple Adjustable Keyboard, seems to be in a good condition after cleaning.
Apperently only the long ADB cable is included, not the short one from keyboard to numpad... :/
It is a normal ADB cable though isn't it?

Well and the hand wrists are also not included.

Not the actual one i bought, but it's the same. :)
mm-adkeyboard2.jpg
mm-adkeyboard2.jpg (35.39 KiB) Viewed 4501 times

macmakkara

08 Apr 2015, 09:48

Im just temted not going to sell but what PPL think these are worth...
Unsaver is missing some caps still and it had my AT Nordic caps on alphas.
And beamspring has mix of my german and US caps on it. Also i have bigger brother of that beamspring but its not assembled at the moment.

HzFaq

08 Apr 2015, 09:55

hammelgammler wrote: Just bought that keyboard/numpad.
It's an Apple Adjustable Keyboard, seems to be in a good condition after cleaning.
Apperently only the long ADB cable is included, not the short one from keyboard to numpad... :/
It is a normal ADB cable though isn't it?

Well and the hand wrists are also not included.

Not the actual one i bought, but it's the same. :)
mm-adkeyboard2.jpg
Nice, I have a soft spot for AAKs, they're really nice once you get used to some of their sillier quirks. Make sure you build one of hasus ADB converters to get the most out of it.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

08 Apr 2015, 15:18

macmakkara wrote: Im just temted not going to sell but what PPL think these are worth...
Unsaver is missing some caps still and it had my AT Nordic caps on alphas.
And beamspring has mix of my german and US caps on it. Also i have bigger brother of that beamspring but its not assembled at the moment.
If you sell unsaver please sell to me :P

You can keep the nordic caps and such. Let me live the dream!! :mrgreen:

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

08 Apr 2015, 15:20

The non mechanical keys on the numpad part of the board are very unappealing to me. The rest of the board is alps correct?

HzFaq

08 Apr 2015, 15:29

Redmaus wrote: The non mechanical keys on the numpad part of the board are very unappealing to me. The rest of the board is alps correct?
Are you talking about the Adjustable? They use low profile Alps switches, and yeah, the non-Alps keys on that board are pretty poxy. They feel like stiff mouse buttons to me, I think they're just non-specified microswitches.

http://deskthority.net/wiki/Alps_SKFS

scottc

08 Apr 2015, 15:31

How do those switches feel, by the way? I don't think I've seen a review of them anywhere before.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

08 Apr 2015, 15:38

scottc wrote: How do those switches feel, by the way? I don't think I've seen a review of them anywhere before.
Alps SKFR/SKFS do not feel like Alps SKCL/SKCM. Hard to describe. Scratchy. No click. Short travel. Noiseless. Unspectacular.

HzFaq

08 Apr 2015, 15:42

Well, I have 2 AAKs and both feel totally different...The one I got from seebart is a bit scratchy and stiff and despite the wiki saying they are clicky, is actually tactile and quiet. The other I got from ebay from Brighton Uni and is much much smoother and lighter...more like Cherry browns. Presumably the Brighton Uni has been used more (certainly looks like it :D) so the switches might feel better once they have been broken in but I couldn't say for sure...

seebart sums it up quite nicely, unspectacular :D.

scottc

08 Apr 2015, 15:43

Oh right, that's a shame. I was interested in getting one but not so much anymore!

HzFaq

08 Apr 2015, 16:04

Yeah, unspectacular switches in a beautifully insane keyboard. I think I paid £12 for the Brighton Uni board so it shouldn't cost you all that much to take a punt. Stick hasu's ADB converter on it and you've got a half decent split 60%ish board for cheap cheap cheap.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

08 Apr 2015, 16:04

HzFaq wrote: Yeah, unspectacular switches in a beautifully insane keyboard. I think I paid £12 for the Brighton Uni board so it shouldn't cost you all that much to take a punt. Stick hasu's ADB converter on it and you've got a half decent split 60%ish board for cheap cheap cheap.
I think the idea here would be to solder in some alps orange switches... :roll:

HzFaq

08 Apr 2015, 16:05

The switch footprint isn't the same as the ALPS SKCM so that isn't possible.

scottc

08 Apr 2015, 16:13

Wow, 12 pounds? At that price, I'd definitely give it a go. I'll just wait until one comes my way.

HzFaq

08 Apr 2015, 16:15

Yeah, bargaintastic....they must've had a turn out recently as there were a few other Apple boards they were getting rid of, I think I posted some in the great finds thread.

scottc

08 Apr 2015, 16:20

eBay's current offering are something like 10x your price! I didn't see your post in the great finds thread, so I'll go take a look. Thanks!

HzFaq

08 Apr 2015, 16:26

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/ricciarellode ... 7675.l2559

That was the seller, nothing there anymore :(. I can't figure out how to show their sale history, but I think there was an Apple Standard M0116 and maybe one of the Mitsumi buckling sleeve jobbies.

I stuck a cheeky £10 snipe on it and was almost positive I was going to lose it, I'd seen a couple go for £20-£30 in the previous couple of weeks, just got lucky this time I guess.

scottc

08 Apr 2015, 16:32

Aw, shame. I'll keep my eye out for one anyway. I just checked it out a bit more and the layout is actually really nice.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

08 Apr 2015, 17:58

HzFaq wrote: http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/ricciarellode ... 7675.l2559

That was the seller, nothing there anymore :(. I can't figure out how to show their sale history […]
Have a look there for a list of their completed listings,
and there if you are interested only in their keyboard sale history.

HzFaq

09 Apr 2015, 12:19

Nice one, I was trying to do an advanced search on their seller page :oops: .

Tiproman to the rescue once again :D.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

09 Apr 2015, 17:35

There has been a discussion in the Great Finds thread about the price of a G80-5000 on offer on Taobao,
so I'm wondering how much you would rate a German G80-5000 with its numpad G80-5700, both rather yellowed but fully functional (or rather: fully functional but rather yellowed).

Please note that I am just curious and do not intend to sell it, and any PMs asking will be mercilessly published here :lol:

photekq
Cherry Picker

09 Apr 2015, 17:50

I think about 300EUR (I would say 250 if it weren't for the state of the euro) would be a fair price for both, considering they're yellowed & used with no box. But, I'm sure you could get a little bit more than that.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

09 Apr 2015, 17:55

Having seen the recent prices I'd say 375, but I'm no Cherry expert.

copter
Last Man Standing

10 Apr 2015, 21:02

I just bought never used (but not NIP) Commodore PC5 (SE/FI) with 50 EUR including shipping. Looking at the pictures there is no yellowing at all. I guess the price was pretty much in line?

Prelim

11 Apr 2015, 22:49

hi guys,

how much worth a Olivetti KBD2812 w/ OG dyesubs in mint condition (without box however)

detailed photos here: http://imgur.com/a/jyO4V

Nuum

11 Apr 2015, 23:23

Damn, what a beautiful board! No idea about the value, maybe photekq has. He'll be around soon, wanting this keyboard, I think.

photekq
Cherry Picker

11 Apr 2015, 23:26

Give me some credit Nuum.. I'm much faster than that. I already sent him a PM 31 minutes ago :lol:

Unfortunately I have no idea about the value. Olivettis (especially those with dyesubs) do not come up so often, and the prices can vary a lot. I'll have a think about it more and see if I can come up with a rough value.

Prelim

11 Apr 2015, 23:31

lol, photekq doesn't even sleep!

Nuum

11 Apr 2015, 23:38

photekq wrote: Give me some credit Nuum.. I'm much faster than that. I already sent him a PM 31 minutes ago :lol:
[...]
Shame on me :oops:

acolombo

12 Apr 2015, 16:30

I've been thinking of selling this set of ALPS doubleshot keycaps. I love them, but since I haven't found an alps board which I like, I'd prefer to send this nice set to someone which will actually use it.

Still new in box. How much could I ask for? other photos here: http://deskthority.net/photos-f62/post- ... ml#p209716

Return to “Marketplace Help”