Modified G81-3000LRNDE

abrahamstechnology

27 Dec 2018, 20:09

This board was a bit of an experiment trying to convert a "modern" G81-3000 to be a mechanical.
This chassis has no provisions for a PCB unlike the older G81s, so it's held together with a lot of 3D printed pars and epoxy. I can't tell you how well it would hold up, but it seems fairly solid, more so than a stock G80. The chassis is a bit creaky from old age, though, and I didn't bother to retrobright it because it was just an experiment.

Switches are shaved BOX Jades (Navy in spacebar) Some have been shaved a bit too much so I put some plastic wrap under the keycaps to hold them in place. None have been cracked! (just noticed I didn't shave the capslock switch enough and it's a bit stretched, the rest look mostly OK) Some look a bit skewed because of my 3D-printed mounting plate, though.

Keycaps are Tai-Hao Oliviette (I wish they would bring these back in ALPS mount, but that's another topic.)

I'd like to sell this to make room for some other projects. I'd be happy with just the cost of the parts plus shipping, make an offer.
Last edited by abrahamstechnology on 28 Dec 2018, 01:28, edited 1 time in total.

scottc

27 Dec 2018, 20:21

How did you "convert" it? Did you swap in a desoldered G80 PCB?

abrahamstechnology

27 Dec 2018, 21:13

scottc wrote: How did you "convert" it? Did you swap in a desoldered G80 PCB?
I put in a GH80-3000 PCB https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=92962.0

Return to “For sale”