Four pallets of keyboards

Icarium

15 Mar 2012, 23:14

I am so insanely jealous. If you sell some of these you will actually have made a ton of money. I need to figure out where to get deals like that. Damn. :)

rodtang

15 Mar 2012, 23:39

Icarium wrote:I am so insanely jealous. If you sell some of these you will actually have made a ton of money. I need to figure out where to get deals like that. Damn. :)
We need a guide on how to get mechanical keyboards by the pallets for cheap.

webwit
Wild Duck

15 Mar 2012, 23:46

I remember this one which someone scored for 20 euro or something like that. He also had to take the two pallets of useless printers (wrapped on the left).

rodtang

15 Mar 2012, 23:51

webwit wrote:I remember this one which someone scored for 20 euro or something like that. He also had to take the two pallets of useless printers (wrapped on the left).
There they paid him to remove the printers with Model Ms.

off

16 Mar 2012, 21:36

oh wow.

grats on that grab!
Hereby declaring interest in an ibm model m at a cheapish price and ditto for a monterey- though that prob wont happen :/
Mind sharing how the heck you got this deal? <and at what price :evilgeek:>
Enjoy your holidays btw!

acfrazier
Mad Scientist

16 Mar 2012, 21:52

If you decide to sell one of those M2 keyboards.. I'm interested.

Ascaii
The Beard

16 Mar 2012, 21:55

Ive got a few M2 boards I will give away for free. They do need the cap replacement though.

rodtang

16 Mar 2012, 22:58

Ascaii wrote:Ive got a few M2 boards I will give away for free. They do need the cap replacement though.
That sounds like a great deal.

Lustique

16 Mar 2012, 23:59

Ascaii wrote:Ive got a few M2 boards I will give away for free. They do need the cap replacement though.
Do you mean that some caps are missing? :?:

Ascaii
The Beard

17 Mar 2012, 00:00

capacitor replacement mod. lots of info in the geekhack wiki on how to make em work again.

Lustique

17 Mar 2012, 00:12

Ascaii wrote:capacitor replacement mod. lots of info in the geekhack wiki on how to make em work again.
Oh :oops:
[...]The SMD capacitors are difficult to desolder.[...]
Ok, I guess I'm out. I was hoping to buckle some springs for a bargain. :lol: :cry:

For anyone who is interested, the following link leads you to the guide: http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=Island:5065

(I actually had to use the Deskthority-Wiki to find the article from the Geekhack-Wiki. :roll: )

Ascaii
The Beard

17 Mar 2012, 00:31

Try it! The board will cost you about 5€ for shipping as päckchen, not more. Its a fun soldering project to practice on.

glossywhite

17 Mar 2012, 00:38

Soldering really is child's play; don't be scared of it. Here is an excellent series of tutorials by Dave Jones @ "EEV Blog":

PART 1:

off

17 Mar 2012, 06:10

So why get rid of 'em? Just some de-&resoldering and perhaps a bit of tape should bring them up to snuff; and with a little creativity I'm guessing you could have the two halves stay separated a bit more than normal (some fibreglass or w/e to deepen the bottom for instance) thereby hopefully creating a spot for the controller in a tkl version that's sturdily tilted.. :twisted: only somehow keep that ibm logo around.. that's tricky Would love a bs board to get to know and possibly mod, same with a monterey board; though i should probably get that aekII in working condition (i.e. a total conversion via teensy/chameleon/something or some imate thing) to get to know better asap too. Still I'd love one though it feels like I'm begging :/ (as a new user jumping on a free offer); serve the existing clientele first I guess ;)

ripster

17 Mar 2012, 16:29

I was going to post this earlier but was detained by the authorities

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... ZI6wnKehXA

Wow. Doing this from an iPad is NOT easy:

off

17 Mar 2012, 19:09

clearly.

<malformed video id>
here ya go:
sweet sounds though!

Icarium

17 Mar 2012, 20:02

Me! Me!

MyNameIsFinn

18 Mar 2012, 07:22

Sent you a PM, would you be at all interested in selling one of the dirty model ms or something :D

Trent

19 Mar 2012, 03:10

Trent wrote:
sixty wrote:Some awesome finds there. Too bad the Leading Edge is missing a keycap. I have been looking for one of those for a while.
I have another one that has no missing caps I believe
I do. I have two: that one with a missing keycap and another that is 100% intact. Just in case you were interested :D

hoggy

19 Mar 2012, 07:40

Superb piece of tracking there Trent.

Can't wait for part 2!

Lustique

19 Mar 2012, 15:35

Ascaii wrote:Try it! The board will cost you about 5€ for shipping as päckchen, not more. Its a fun soldering project to practice on.
Well, after I watched the videos and after I read the "Soldering is Easy" comic book, I think even I could do it (although my equipment would be far from optimal), but now there's another problem: From where do I get the capacitors? I looked in the Conrad webshop, but they want € 5,95 for shipping (fixed rate), which I think is "a little bit unreasonable" for two capacitators which cost less than 1 € and could probably shipped by taping them on a postcard. (Would these (http://www.conrad.de/ce/de/product/4444 ... UF-16V-105, http://www.conrad.de/ce/de/product/4270 ... KO-47F-16V) work?) :?
glossywhite wrote:Soldering really is child's play; don't be scared of it. Here is an excellent series of tutorials by Dave Jones @ "EEV Blog":

PART 1:
Thank you for the link, I watched all three parts. :D

sixty
Gasbag Guru

19 Mar 2012, 15:41

Lustique wrote:From where do I get the capacitors? I looked in the Conrad webshop, but they want € 5,95 for shipping (fixed rate), which I think is "a little bit unreasonable" for two capacitators which cost less than 1 € and could probably shipped by taping them on a postcard. (Would these (http://www.conrad.de/ce/de/product/4444 ... UF-16V-105, http://www.conrad.de/ce/de/product/4270 ... KO-47F-16V) work?) :?
Is there no local Conrad near you? They have quite a lot of retail outlets. That is usually where I go to pickup my stuff if I do not need a bigger order.

Lustique

19 Mar 2012, 15:54

sixty wrote:
Lustique wrote:From where do I get the capacitors? I looked in the Conrad webshop, but they want € 5,95 for shipping (fixed rate), which I think is "a little bit unreasonable" for two capacitators which cost less than 1 € and could probably shipped by taping them on a postcard. (Would these (http://www.conrad.de/ce/de/product/4444 ... UF-16V-105, http://www.conrad.de/ce/de/product/4270 ... KO-47F-16V) work?) :?
Is there no local Conrad near you? They have quite a lot of retail outlets. That is usually where I go to pickup my stuff if I do not need a bigger order.
Well, Google maps says I would have to drive >80 km to the next one (almost beeline), and I don't have a car. :?

kbdfr
The Tiproman

19 Mar 2012, 16:19

I've got Conrad round the corner and already had a look at their online local availability check for the article quoted in the link, but it says it's not available there (nor in the other two Berlin Conrad shops).

Lustique

25 Mar 2012, 01:49

kbdfr wrote:I've got Conrad round the corner and already had a look at their online local availability check for the article quoted in the link, but it says it's not available there (nor in the other two Berlin Conrad shops).
Nonetheless, thank you for looking. :D
Spoiler:
Maybe I should order two of these, just to be sure to get enough capacity. :mrgreen: :evilgeek:

kbdfr
The Tiproman

25 Mar 2012, 09:12

Lustique wrote:
kbdfr wrote:I've got Conrad round the corner and already had a look at their online local availability check for the article quoted in the link, but it says it's not available there (nor in the other two Berlin Conrad shops).
Nonetheless, thank you for looking. :D [...]
Just had another look, they now have 13 available at the Conrad shop round the corner. I could get some for you tomorrow and send them to you if you like (Conrad price + actual shipping costs, of course).
Looking at the pictures, there seem to be different items there. Is it a set or are there different kinds? I know nothing about electronic components, so I would need exact instructions.

Ascaii
The Beard

25 Mar 2012, 20:47

Can people that wanted an M2 please resend their pms to me? Ive been out of town and lost my paper that I had you guys written down on.

Lustique

28 Mar 2012, 19:33

kbdfr wrote:[...]
Just had another look, they now have 13 available at the Conrad shop round the corner. I could get some for you tomorrow and send them to you if you like (Conrad price + actual shipping costs, of course).
Looking at the pictures, there seem to be different items there. Is it a set or are there different kinds? I know nothing about electronic components, so I would need exact instructions.
Thank you again, but I also have no clue which capacitors I should use. The only thing I know is that I would need one with 2.2 µF for 50 V and one with 47 µF for 16 V (according to lowpoly's post at GH), but which kind of capacitor I'd actually need is beyond my knowledge (size, SMD or not, tantal or standard electrolytic thingy, etc.).

Icarium

29 Mar 2012, 14:13

Ascaii wrote:Can people that wanted an M2 please resend their pms to me? Ive been out of town and lost my paper that I had you guys written down on.
o/

kbdfr
The Tiproman

29 Mar 2012, 15:39

Lustique wrote:
kbdfr wrote:[...]
Thank you again, but I also have no clue which capacitors I should use. The only thing I know is that I would need one with 2.2 µF for 50 V and one with 47 µF for 16 V (according to lowpoly's post at GH), but which kind of capacitor I'd actually need is beyond my knowledge (size, SMD or not, tantal or standard electrolytic thingy, etc.).

Can anyone help us nerds? :mrgreen:
It's about those: http://www.conrad.de/ce/de/product/4270 ... KO-47F-16V

Return to “Gallery”