14 Jul 2012, 04:44

demik

14 Jul 2012, 05:40

what once was.

now im down to just the black blank.

also own a 10th anni rf in 55g and a 45g EK edition

martinyeah

14 Jul 2012, 09:04

DanGWanG wrote:Where are these cables coming from?!
cables is buffalo

martinyeah

22 Jul 2012, 21:20

t!ng
Awake Sheep

20 Jan 2013, 17:08

Finally...

Thanks pasph <3

huttala

21 Jan 2013, 21:06

Here's mine. Need more clacks so I don't have to use the white caps at 5 and 9. :/

dirge

23 Jan 2013, 14:18

Looking good :)

Don't know why topre clacks are not the more sought after, I mean there's plenty of alerntative keys for MX switches to dress your board up.

Not tempted by a Realforce full size?

phetto
Elite

23 Jan 2013, 15:12

huttala I'll send you some clacks bro.

dirge

23 Jan 2013, 18:22

phetto wrote:huttala I'll send you some clacks bro.
^ nice one!

huttala

23 Jan 2013, 19:41

phetto wrote:huttala I'll send you some clacks bro.
Thanks bro! :)
dirge wrote:Looking good :)

Don't know why topre clacks are not the more sought after, I mean there's plenty of alerntative keys for MX switches to dress your board up.

Not tempted by a Realforce full size?
I am very tempted to get myself a TKL realforce board. Just don't know which one yet, I've owned an 88UB with Swedish layout and all 45g switched but I hated it. Then I got this HHKB and love it, so I don't really know which board to take, a 55g or an 30g just to try them out, or maybe even an variable. :D

Here's an update.

dirge

23 Jan 2013, 21:04

your <> are the wrong way round mate?

I love the white caps myself, still hanging around for a decent price on a white hhkb jp in white.

huttala

23 Jan 2013, 21:11

dirge wrote:your <> are the wrong way round mate?

I love the white caps myself, still hanging around for a decent price on a white hhkb jp in white.
Haha yeah I noticed that after a while, didn't take a new pic after I changed the caps. :)

HHKB JP seems kind of messy with all the extra buttons on the same small size factor tho, don't you think?

webwit
Wild Duck

04 Feb 2013, 22:59

t!ng
Awake Sheep

04 Feb 2013, 23:04

Don't know what hurts more... his stupidity or the pictures.

fossala
Elite +1

04 Feb 2013, 23:21

Damn him making a bad name for ratpoison users!

snoopy

04 Feb 2013, 23:22

looks like unicorn poo

webwit
Wild Duck

04 Feb 2013, 23:23

fossala wrote:Damn him making a bad name for ratpoison users!
You should check out the rest of the gallery ;)

"ratpoison is so hot that the computer cought fire"

Cafeine

05 Feb 2013, 01:34

I just got my Filco Majestouch-2 TKL (MX Brown) but a (horrible) friend mindfucked me : he let me try the HHKB2 and I love it. Writing with it now. I want one for my Mac and a Realforce for my PC. I think I have a Topre addiction. :x

I know what kind of HHKB2 I want, but for the Realforce, I don't REALLY understand something : if a website says 87U, how do you know what kind of keys it's using? The 88U difference is what, just the layout? I've spent hours crawling the web but I want experts advices considering the money I'm about to spend...

Thx !

Topre Enthusiast

05 Feb 2013, 03:47

Generally the 86U (discontinued) and 87U keyboards are ANSI US layout. The 88U comes in various EU language layouts (French, German, UK, Swedish/Finnish) and the 89 and 91 boards are Japanese.

http://deskthority.net/wiki/Realforce#Tenkeyless

Make sure you read the descriptions on the website carefully so you know whether or not it is uniformly weighted or variable. If you're unsure about any particular model, link it here and I should be able to help you.

Cafeine

05 Feb 2013, 06:20

That one is in the shopping cart. :geek:

I'm using a Mac AZERTY layout even on PC. And so, another question : any chance to use the useless menu key as a Fn Key when on my Mac? I guess I can change that with software?

Thx for the tips :) (gha, I'm typing that on my brand new filco TKL brown and I'm craving for the Topre ;) )

Topre Enthusiast

06 Feb 2013, 07:36

Bruce from Keyboardco suggested using KeyRemap4MacBook for the Fn key thing.
The board you have in your cart is the AZERTY layout uniform 45g board. It'd be my main keyboard surely if I was French :)

fossala
Elite +1

06 Feb 2013, 09:34

I never worked out why you would want a in the top left. Makes less sense than qwerty.

Cafeine

06 Feb 2013, 17:33

Ah man, AZERTY suxx for many other things. But I write for 25 years now and while I can manage even US Ansi, my fav layout is Mac Azerty in good old ISO. I love my ph4t Return key. ;)

Thx for the tips 002, ordering today. Can't wait to have this as my main keyboard too ! I will need to change those horrible windows keys though.

Cafeine

16 Feb 2013, 13:36

Got my new baby, thx for the feedback here. :) (Topre RealForce 88UB ISO FR) (and the other one, Filco Majestouch-2 TKL ISO FR MX Brow)

Reddit Thread

And just one pic from that thread :

Topre Enthusiast

16 Feb 2013, 23:56

Great pics :)
It's easy to see what Daniel Beardsmore was talking about when he said the Topre case isn't completely black.
Your picture almost makes me thanks that the EU versions have the same finish as the anniversary boards:

Does it list 'Black' on the box label?

BossBorot

17 Feb 2013, 05:35

60% for life

Cafeine

17 Feb 2013, 17:06

002 wrote:Great pics :)
It's easy to see what Daniel Beardsmore was talking about when he said the Topre case isn't completely black.
Your picture almost makes me thanks that the EU versions have the same finish as the anniversary boards:

Does it list 'Black' on the box label?
Thx :)

Nope it says black on black keys but those are cardboard boxes made just for Keyboardco I think, as they are the only ones selling the ISO FR. Not much info on my box. ;)

But yeah I love that case and the keys !

justbam

28 Feb 2013, 00:25

:hello:

Not the same level as martinyeah but this is my HHKBP2 :

By the way I search a bunch of USB coiled cable to plug my HHKBP (like martinyeah but in mini USB and not in micro)

wky0532

28 Mar 2013, 04:59

There it goes. My Realforce 87U silent version.

phetto
Elite

28 Mar 2013, 11:39

:mrgreen:

Return to “Gallery”