Deskthority Secret Santa 2015 Photo Thread

Chyros

18 Dec 2015, 18:40

Haha that's some cool stuff so far xD .

Madhias
BS TORPE

20 Dec 2015, 12:26

I have to admit all the sweets are already gone, but you have to believe me there were fine things from Italy! I love Italy, and even bought a few months ago a bicycle frame 'prodotto Italiano'. Now I want to drink instantly un caffè dopio when I think of our last holidays...

What made me smile was the README.TXT! Great idea, and again many thanks to my secret Santa, which is when you look at the picture easy to find out who it is!

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

20 Dec 2015, 12:45

Really nice stuff.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

20 Dec 2015, 12:47

I hate all of you with your tidy setups and fancy photographs :P

kidding. Really nice photo, Madhias! Now go grab an Amiga 1200 to play Alien Breed on! :)

Madhias
BS TORPE

20 Dec 2015, 13:30

I heard there is an Amiga emulator now for Chrome out there... I could pirate then the game, but with the background of having an original copy of it :)

Yeah, the picture is really shitty, and my girl laughed at me when I prepared everything. Small toys hold the keyboard and the game, and I do feel bad now for making such a kitschy image.

scottc

20 Dec 2015, 14:00

Don't feel bad, I love the kitschness of the picture! You got a very generous Santa too. Nice haul. :) I should post mine today!

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

20 Dec 2015, 14:06

Very nice! I hope you enjoy that lovely, very pinging Japanese (or Chinese?) IBM Alps keyboard.

I thought the photo was cute. I'm hoping to join all of you soon with photos of my own but my package needs to arrive first! :-P

Muirium
µ

20 Dec 2015, 16:54

That's a beautiful picture, Madhias. Looks straight out of a glossy catalogue. And if this isn't the season for a bit of consumer kitsch then I don't know what is!

My minions sent me pictures of my gift. It's a good one too. Now I need to tweak the shots to compensate for the Scots gloom.

scottc

20 Dec 2015, 19:22

Here's my gift, kitsch-free:

My Santa must have seen that I recently got a dyesub Cherry board missing the / and Enter keys from the numpad. These caps must've come from an interesting board because they're English language but with an icon numpad legend. Does anyone know of any SAU or SAG boards like that?

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

20 Dec 2015, 20:10

I don't find Madhias shot kitschy. Nice gifts so far. I was planning on waiting till the 24th but nope here we go:
My SSanta was quite generous. A rare Model M that looks and feels new and a nice acrylic Ducky wrist rest.

Stylish, thanks SSanta! ;)
IMGP2037.JPG
IMGP2037.JPG (972.7 KiB) Viewed 3959 times
IMGP2048.JPG
IMGP2048.JPG (947.34 KiB) Viewed 3959 times

JanitorJoe

20 Dec 2015, 23:50

Well, I was going to wait until Christmas to open it and post, but at this rate if I do I may be the only one.

My secret santa got me a Unicomp 122-key Model M. Thanks a lot! I think this is my first time typing on a Model M since I was maybe 7-8 years old, and I don't remember anything about how they felt from back then.
DSC04419.JPG
DSC04419.JPG (225.65 KiB) Viewed 3919 times
Despite the anonymity of ordering from Ebay, my santa had the seller print a note signed with both their name and username. I don't think you're understanding the whole secret part of secret santa :lol:

andrewjoy

21 Dec 2015, 10:53

Nice! They are some of the nicest caps unicomp make , always tempted to get a set.

HzFaq

21 Dec 2015, 11:09

That's an awesome picture as usual Madhias, nice one.

Awesome gifts as well :D.

elecplus

21 Dec 2015, 21:03

Santa came today! In person! He even helped clean out a bit of the garage and washed my dishes.
Oh yes, he brought a gift, too :mrgreen: I can't stop grinning from ear to ear. :D :D Thanks so much to everyone for making this dream come through for me!
Spoiler:
IMG_5179.JPG
IMG_5179.JPG (566.21 KiB) Viewed 3857 times
IMG_5182.JPG
IMG_5182.JPG (573.71 KiB) Viewed 3857 times
A very special thank you to dorkvader, enigcoder, Redmaus, morkl, facetsesame, Derzemel, clickykeyboards, klikkyklik, chzel, pr0ximity, Vizir, JanitorJoe, samuelnsh, vsev, andrewjoy, jou, and most especially to XMIT, for making it all come true for me!

Cindy
Last edited by elecplus on 22 Dec 2015, 00:17, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

21 Dec 2015, 21:08

Merry Christmas Cindy! Well deserved.

chzel

21 Dec 2015, 21:38

Merry Christmas!

Madhias
BS TORPE

21 Dec 2015, 22:19

Oho, a nice surprise! Merry christmas!

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

21 Dec 2015, 23:58

The iPad has one of the worst keyboards I know ;-) but some other redeeming qualities too.

Enjoy the gift in good health, and thanks for the nice visit! :-)

scottc

22 Dec 2015, 00:08

Very nice! I had no idea this was going on but it's very considerate.

One small thing though, Cindy - perhaps you should smudge out peoples' real names from the picture.

elecplus

22 Dec 2015, 00:14

Ah, had not thought abt that. I can delete that pic, since I have no idea how to smudge.
Edit: the pics with the names are now deleted. Sorry about that!

scottc

22 Dec 2015, 00:20

You can just draw a line through the names in MS Paint or some similar program. It was a nice picture, so we should put it back if possible! If you send me the picture, I can do that if you're not sure how to.

Compgeke

22 Dec 2015, 00:24

Here's a cleaned up version:
Spoiler:

elecplus

22 Dec 2015, 00:33

Thanks, Compgeke! For somebody who has made a living on hardware for the past 20 years, sometimes I feel dumb! But I never really had the time to just play with software. This community teaches me new things all the time!

derzemel

22 Dec 2015, 06:22

Merry Christmas Cindy!
Thank you for all the joy and happiness that you have brought to this community! :-D

Muirium
µ

22 Dec 2015, 21:13

Okay, my Santa missed me by a day, but my minions pulled through. Beware the white balance!
Keyboard.JPG
Keyboard.JPG (155.4 KiB) Viewed 3709 times
Nice! Whoever you are, Santa, you know my preference in keyboard size: less is so much more!

I believe this keyboard might have mad clicky blue KPT Alps clones. It's certainly got a lot of character, according to my remote assistants. And it wasn't alone.
Caps.JPG
Caps.JPG (221.38 KiB) Viewed 3709 times
I'll go through these in detail when I'm home. Looks like quite a grab bag of caps and switch parts! And I've no idea what's in that cylinder…
Pro Micro .JPG
Pro Micro .JPG (151.97 KiB) Viewed 3709 times
Ah, that'll help me get the 60% up on USB. Thanks!
Lindt.JPG
Lindt.JPG (84.66 KiB) Viewed 3709 times
Fröhe Weihnachten, Wiehnachtsmann!

guk
1896 Vintage Reds

22 Dec 2015, 21:17

It's a Marquardt Mini, way less common than the KPT 84. Great gift.
75% *cough*

Muirium
µ

22 Dec 2015, 21:19

Ah, you're quite right:

http://deskthority.net/wiki/Marquardt_Mini

MX compatible = Granite compatible too! Nice one.

andrewjoy

22 Dec 2015, 21:22

Mine arrived!

A nice letter and some sexy dyesubs along with some chocolate and some tactile alps from an AEK2! The vintage MY switches are decent!
xmas.jpg
xmas.jpg (961.19 KiB) Viewed 3700 times
The Ommom White Chocolate is lovely !

Thanks Santa!

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

22 Dec 2015, 21:23

Hmm very nice indeed Mu, and Chili chocolate...for the flamboyant! :mrgreen:

Muirium
µ

22 Dec 2015, 21:25

Wait, Andy's chocolate is a spoiler! Mmm… chocface.
guk wrote: 75% *cough*
Yeah, I know. To me, everything between 60% and TKL blurs together. Even typing 75% on my HHKB here feels distinctly weird…

But I like my Monterey K110 a ton, and this gift looks like another wee stoater!

Return to “Gallery”