Unicomp stuff

Minskleip

31 Jan 2011, 20:20

I was thinking of having separate halves (like the Utron) and placing the trackball in the middle. It could be too centered though.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

31 Jan 2011, 20:25

I think it would make more sense to have the trackball fixed to one of the two halves, if you have halves. The problem is that if you offer a split layout, some people might want them split more than others, meaning the distance to the trackball (in the middle) would grow and might eventually end up unreachable without moving your hands.

Of course this is all another story if you only design the keyboard for yourself.

Minskleip

31 Jan 2011, 20:36

Good point, but I was mostly concerned with having the mousing arm in a comfortable position. Mine tend to be very close to the keyboard, but I can't try to have the mouse in the dead centre. If you have a totally split keyboard you could place a trackball to the left edge of the right keyboard.

7bit

01 Feb 2011, 23:11

Just a stupid question:

These industrial cases:

Are they currently available from Unicomp?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

01 Feb 2011, 23:15

They were. I believe they are entirely sold out now.

daedalus
Buckler Of Springs

03 Feb 2011, 02:42

sixty wrote:I wonder how Chuck managed to lose all the bottoms for those tops. Weird coincidence. I bet in a few years if they last that long) he will tell everyone he has only bottoms left.
The tops are sold out.

As for the RGB set on a Customizer - the shifts and Ctrls will fit, but the Alts on the Customizer are a smaller size to make way for the Windows keys.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

20 Mar 2015, 15:02

Just found this thread, does webwit or anyone else have some of those black oval logos?

Would like one for my SSK.

snoopy

20 Mar 2015, 15:06

why u dig out all that old stuff? :D

Muirium
µ

20 Mar 2015, 16:04

I want a new forum feature: an icon for necromancy!

Posts that wildly disrupt timelines like these should be given a special bonus. And it'll make these threads easier to read as well.

Pop a ghost in on the left for any post that's >1.0 years after the previous one? With a hover attribute "Necromancer" and a link to an information thread that explains what this is about and why going necro can be good thing but usually isn't!

webwit
Wild Duck

20 Mar 2015, 16:25

No more spare black labels, sorry.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

20 Mar 2015, 16:47

webwit wrote: No more spare black labels, sorry.

Do you know where I could find one? plan on doing a black SSK theme after I do my bolt mod. :)

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

20 Mar 2015, 16:48

Muirium wrote: I want a new forum feature: an icon for necromancy!

Posts that wildly disrupt timelines like these should be given a special bonus. And it'll make these threads easier to read as well.

Pop a ghost in on the left for any post that's >1.0 years after the previous one? With a hover attribute "Necromancer" and a link to an information thread that explains what this is about and why going necro can be good thing but usually isn't!
I second this!!! :mrgreen:
would be great for when halloween comes around.

webwit
Wild Duck

20 Mar 2015, 18:28

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

20 Mar 2015, 18:36

Sooo....

No one has any? :(

Touch_It

23 Mar 2015, 19:39

black LED overlay. Looks so good... Do want.

edit. Didn't see the whole necro thing. My statement above still stands though. Unicomp doesn't show that style on their website.

eldorange

28 Mar 2015, 14:06

Hopefully Unicomp will manufacture again those grey industrial cases...

webwit
Wild Duck

28 Mar 2015, 14:35

I don't think they ever made them, just had some NOS.

Return to “Gallery”