Post your desktop.

CM Pim
Cooler Master Rep

01 Dec 2014, 21:18

7bit wrote: OK, here is an older picture of my desktop with Cherry G80-3000 and without the RollerMouse:
That phone. Awesome :D

macmakkara

01 Dec 2014, 22:01

This is going to be my desktop till i get my real desktop back up and running. My corsair cpu cooler died (hydro H100 watercooler and its pump died)

Khers

02 Dec 2014, 23:08

Might just as well post this here as well. This is my current, temporary desktop with my as of not very long ago silenced HHKB:

Muirium
µ

02 Dec 2014, 23:36

Pink HHKB and a MacBook Air, whatever will the neighbours think!

andrewjoy

03 Dec 2014, 01:08

macbook airs are very nice bits of kit but several things put me off , the lack of a real gigabit nic is a major one for me , another usb port would be nice as well. still they are very nice

Muirium
µ

03 Dec 2014, 01:23

Thunderbolt, ya old fuddyduddy! My 15 incher Pro has just the two USB ports and no built in Ethernet, either, but with a couple of Thunderbolt ports and Gigabit 802.11ac WiFi, I'm not complaining. Even the MacBook Pros are too thin for that RJ45 nonsense. Hell, it was the thickest port on my PowerBook!

Khers

03 Dec 2014, 08:48

Thunderbolt indeed! This however is quite an old macbook air - the late 2010 version - that I bought just after it was released. This means that it predates both thunderbolt and the retina macbook pro. When I bought it, the choice was relatively simple. Coming from a 15" pro, I knew I wanted something more portable, but the 13" pro was never an option due to it's low res screen (remember that one was only 1280x800 or similar). All that was left was the then new air. It has served me well over the past 4 years, but it is getting rather slow by modern standards and 4GB of ram is rather archaic. The SSD is what keeps it in the game. Even so, I'm slowly warming to the idea that I need a new laptop. Just holding my breath for a retina air. 8-)

andrewjoy

03 Dec 2014, 13:20

Muirium wrote: Thunderbolt, ya old fuddyduddy! My 15 incher Pro has just the two USB ports and no built in Ethernet, either, but with a couple of Thunderbolt ports and Gigabit 802.11ac WiFi, I'm not complaining. Even the MacBook Pros are too thin for that RJ45 nonsense. Hell, it was the thickest port on my PowerBook!
i guess you can use thunderbolt but i don't want to have to carry around another connector just to plug into ethernet, its one more thing i have to carry with me when running around the building testing stuff and balancing on ladders to get to coms cabs. on the 2009 ish macbook pros i agree the screen is too low res but for me its the only option ( this is what i have in work still trying to work out what i want for home)

what you want is a macbook pro air or whatever with a decent high res screen decent amount of ram an SSD and legacy ports like ethernet and firewire.

unfortunately thats not so easy to find if only the 2009 model had a high res screen :(

Muirium
µ

03 Dec 2014, 13:50

"Legacy" is another word for Fatty Fat Phatty MacBook Sumo! Seriously, Ethernet was the whole height of my tubby 12" PowerBook from 2003!

Dongles are crap, but Ethernet is less necessary now than ever. I don't even have the Ethernet adapter for my 15" Retina's Thunderbolt port. The Wi-Fi's fast enough for everything I do. And if it weren't, the lonely Firewire 800 adapter in my Mac's carry bag would find a just as occasionally used friend!

mr_a500

03 Dec 2014, 14:00

Apple seems to love to force users to use dongles. I have drawers full of dongles and adapters for my Apple computers. Every hardware update removes something they used to have, forcing you to get another dongle. It's getting annoying. The only dongle I ever want to carry is my dick.

Muirium
µ

03 Dec 2014, 14:08

What are you hooking up? The only ports that get real use on my laptop are the USBs. I've only one dongle in total for Thunderbolt, and that's really for rescuing my old PowerPC Macs with the new one! Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and USB between them have essentially everything covered. Well, besides external screens. When I finally get a decent one of those (Must. Be. Retina.) then onto Thunderbolt it goes. My second virgin port will be so happy!

Don't forget your balls, man. That dongle requires a second dongle to get any work done!

andrewjoy

03 Dec 2014, 14:29

Muirium wrote: "Legacy" is another word for Fatty Fat Phatty MacBook Sumo! Seriously, Ethernet was the whole height of my tubby 12" PowerBook from 2003!

Dongles are crap, but Ethernet is less necessary now than ever. I don't even have the Ethernet adapter for my 15" Retina's Thunderbolt port. The Wi-Fi's fast enough for everything I do. And if it weren't, the lonely Firewire 800 adapter in my Mac's carry bag would find a just as occasionally used friend!
unfortunately i cannot configure network switches over wifi :P

Muirium
µ

03 Dec 2014, 14:30

And that's why there's a dongle, for the special ones, like you. Now leave our light, thin laptops alone!

Laser
emacs -nw

03 Dec 2014, 14:32

Apple ... first pay to become special, then pay again to become compatible with everybody else ...
:D

andrewjoy

03 Dec 2014, 14:36

there is nothing wrong with legacy ports , in fact tell me again who was unable to program there access POS board :P

things can get too thin. i am always afraid i will break a macbook air when i use one. Laptops need not get any thinner than the lenovo/ibm x61s if that was just a little wider and longer to accommodate a 1080p screen that would be the perfect form factor for a laptop for me

i miss real rs-232 interfaces on laptops :(

andrewjoy

11 Dec 2014, 14:58

this is my new work desk , still a bit of work to do but looking better
Attachments
IMG_20141210_173929.jpg
IMG_20141210_173929.jpg (1007.83 KiB) Viewed 4259 times

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

11 Dec 2014, 15:14

The only dongle I ever want to carry is my dick.
:lol:

very good mr_a500.

But concerning apple and dongles you are right. I am not an apple user personally but I have had to work with apple computers and software. I remember this little puppy for a software called QuarkXPress. If something like this got lost back in the day all hell broke lose. :mrgreen:
Dongle-Quark-apel.jpg
Dongle-Quark-apel.jpg (55.93 KiB) Viewed 4249 times

davkol

11 Dec 2014, 15:49

andrewjoy wrote: this is my new work desk , still a bit of work to do but looking better
My Cookie Clicker score is better than yours by an order of magnitude.

HzFaq

12 Dec 2014, 09:55

I finally have my own office space at home again :D. We moved house in July and due to some pretty strange circumstances had to move in with the owners son and his family still in place...They moved out last week and my project over the Christmas period was going to be to paint and decorate my new room/office but I came back from work yesterday and my lovely partner had got 2 of her friends to do it for me so I spent last night moving in. Doesn't look like much, but after about 3 years of having to live in a corner of the bedroom, it's super nice to have a room again. I'll probably post some more updates once I actually put more stuff in there, at the moment its just the desk.

http://imgur.com/tyJusKh

Muirium
µ

12 Dec 2014, 10:22

andrewjoy wrote: there is nothing wrong with legacy ports , in fact tell me again who was unable to program there access POS board :P
Funny way of looking at a problem caused by a legacy port! The POS realm lives up to the more popular meaning of those three letters sometimes. I didn't have any luck on a friend's PS/2 native Windows machine either, remember.

Fortunately, for a fiver, it was worth a punt on there being a removable controller. There was. Done!

andrewjoy

12 Dec 2014, 10:53

i should not say anything as i have not hooked mine up yet :P

@ HzFaq

its cool to have an office i have one at home but its tiny i can barely push my chair out without it hitting the wardrobe behind me and i have to have my 2nd monitor portrait so the door does not hit it :P

ShivaYash

31 Dec 2014, 04:32

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419996725.306568.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419996725.306568.jpg (245.82 KiB) Viewed 4040 times

seebart

31 Dec 2014, 13:44

is that a topre expert next to your KB? :mrgreen:

Muirium
µ

31 Dec 2014, 14:26

Unless it's a NovaTouch, that doesn't look like a Topre to me… (caps are centre legend, and the case is too compact around the top; also the cable's not in the right spot for a NovaTouch (top right) so I'm guessing MX.)

Still get points if the iMac is 5k Retina though. Hot damn, how I can't afford yet neeeeeed one of those!

ne0phyte
Toast.

31 Dec 2014, 14:37

I'm pretty sure with "topre expert next to your KB" he was talking about the cat :lol:

Topre Enthusiast

31 Dec 2014, 14:38

That cat is definitely a Topre lover though because look how damn happy he is :)

Daniel Beardsmore

31 Dec 2014, 14:47

ne0phyte wrote: I'm pretty sure with "topre expert next to your KB" he was talking about the cat :lol:
Well, if that's not a Topre keyboard, the cat has less reason to be a Topre expert (and if the cat thinks it's a Topre …)

Muirium
µ

31 Dec 2014, 14:47

My cat prefers IBM. Older generation, see. She's at least 15.

seebart

31 Dec 2014, 15:29

Of course I meant the cat! The cat looks like it's meditating.

Khers

01 Jan 2015, 12:35

@ShivaYash Is that an Evoluent mouse? If so, what do think about it?

Return to “Gallery”