Post your desktop.

ShivaYash

01 Jan 2015, 12:41

Hello and a very happy new year to all. The kb is my trusty FILCO mt2 with blues. Key caps are a rather delightful WASD made ones, with laser etched centre legends. As someone pointed out just a few days ago, I love a bargain! They were purchased via eBay for a song. The cat is my beautiful Siamese red point boy, now aged 10. He mainly loves my desk and pretends the Anglepoise lamp is a heat emitting sun lamp! The iMac is alas very old, 2009 I believe but still going strong, mounted on a humanscale m7, its a beast of a thing but moves back and forth. The mouse is indeed an evolent v3 I recall, so about six years old. I love it, works well with the Mac OS and no need for drivers.

CeeSA

16 Jan 2015, 18:08

Today, my wife took 2 devices and made a few shots.
Maybe you'll like it....
zowie poker white red.jpg
zowie poker white red.jpg (135.07 KiB) Viewed 4666 times

ShivaYash

16 Jan 2015, 19:56

@CeeSA... very nice shots. What type of mouse is that?

Here is my new love...
L1002236.jpg
L1002236.jpg (92.66 KiB) Viewed 4646 times
#ssk #ibm #evoluent3 #iMac

ShivaYash

16 Jan 2015, 19:57

Khers wrote: Might just as well post this here as well. This is my current, temporary desktop with my as of not very long ago silenced HHKB:
How did you silent your HHKB please?

Compgeke

16 Jan 2015, 21:16

I would assume o-rings on the sliders, 3/16" or 1/8" on the bottom of the slider to silence the up stroke.

Khers

16 Jan 2015, 23:47

That's indeed it. Was quite some work, and I'm not entirely sure it was worth it. If you want to try it, I tried to describe what i did here. Or just get a Type-S :mrgreen:

snoopy

16 Jan 2015, 23:50

ShivaYash wrote: @CeeSA... very nice shots. What type of mouse is that?

Here is my new love...
L1002236.jpg
Very nice shot. More please. :mrgreen:

ShivaYash

16 Jan 2015, 23:57

snoopy wrote:

Here is my new love...
L1002236.jpg
Very nice shot. More please. :mrgreen:
Many thanks. Shall tidy my desk and take some. I do love the SSK. It's incredibly nice to type on.

CeeSA

17 Jan 2015, 10:56

Thank you. It's a Zowie AM-FG w/ a paracord sleeved cable and wheel and side buttons from the normal AM.

ShivaYash

19 Jan 2015, 21:43

Have tidied my desk with a view to a really productive working week. My week starts on a Tuesday as I look after my daughter on Mondays.

Am still in love with the SSK, so much so that my new Realforce 87u has been boxed up for the time being. The HHKB is in a plastic bag, protecting it from dust and my FILCOs are still loved but no so much now.
desktop - 13.jpg
desktop - 13.jpg (286.09 KiB) Viewed 4510 times
desktop - 14.jpg
desktop - 14.jpg (275.75 KiB) Viewed 4510 times
desktop - 15.jpg
desktop - 15.jpg (293.65 KiB) Viewed 4510 times
desktop - 16.jpg
desktop - 16.jpg (286.65 KiB) Viewed 4510 times
Comments welcome.

ShivaYash

19 Jan 2015, 21:44

I've started using the FILCO leather wrist rest with the SSK just the other day, its really a good match I think.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

19 Jan 2015, 23:06

ShivaYash wrote: I've started using the FILCO leather wrist rest with the SSK just the other day, its really a good match I think.
nice, I've been shopping for one of those for a long time and can't get one here in Germany! :x

Muirium
µ

19 Jan 2015, 23:10

I hope it's just there for style. If you rest your wrists when typing, you're doing it wrong! RSI tends to come to those who have their wrists bent. Better just to fly, and to put your keyboard at the front edge of the desk.

ShivaYash

19 Jan 2015, 23:11

seebart wrote:
ShivaYash wrote: I've started using the FILCO leather wrist rest with the SSK just the other day, its really a good match I think.
nice, I've been shopping for one of those for a long time and can't get one here in Germany! :x
Let me know, I'll send you one. Amazon UK is great.

ShivaYash

19 Jan 2015, 23:12

Muirium wrote:I hope it's just there for style. If you rest your wrists when typing, you're doing it wrong! RSI tends to come to those who have their wrists bent. Better just to fly, and to put your keyboard at the front edge of the desk.
Really? Bloody hell, I rest my wrists on it. What's the point then?

seebart

19 Jan 2015, 23:15

I usually both fly and rest on the table when typing, more table contact than flying though.
ShivaYash wrote: Really? Bloody hell, I rest my wrists on it. What's the point then?
If you feel comfortable that way, use it! My 2 cents!

scottc

19 Jan 2015, 23:23

At 43 GBP, it's a bit steep...

Muirium
µ

19 Jan 2015, 23:27

Comfort is indeed the main thing. Ergonomics differs between people a fair bit. Personally, I like to type while standing up the best of all, with my arms unsupported. But here I am slouched on a leather lounge chair, with my NovaTouch between my knees, and my wrists on my hips! It's just as important to mix things up, so I've heard, and I like the idea. If I stand all day, my back complains. And if I did this all the time, my wrists would scream!

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

19 Jan 2015, 23:29

ShivaYash wrote: Comments welcome.
The SSK looks great, but my eyes are drawn to the Bisley! Am I on the right forum? :?

seebart

19 Jan 2015, 23:34

Muirium wrote: Comfort is indeed the main thing. Ergonomics differs between people a fair bit. Personally, I like to type while standing up the best of all, with my arms unsupported. But here I am slouched on a leather lounge chair, with my NovaTouch between my knees, and my wrists on my hips! It's just as important to mix things up, so I've heard, and I like the idea. If I stand all day, my back complains. And if I did this all the time, my wrists would scream!
I´ll have to try the standing option some time, a nice change for sure while sitting hours at a time.

If your eye's are drawn away from an SSK to Bisley then...oh well forget Bisley! :lol:
Last edited by seebart on 19 Jan 2015, 23:37, edited 1 time in total.

chzel

19 Jan 2015, 23:35

Muirium wrote: ...It's just as important to mix things up, so I've heard, and I like the idea...
It is Repetitive Strain Injury! As long as it isn't repetitive I'd guess any position is OK!

ShivaYash, I really like your desk!

seebart

19 Jan 2015, 23:39

I'm editing again chzel, EDITING! :mrgreen: But I'm not hopping on coffee anymore at this time of the day so "seebart hyper editing" is over for today! :lol:

chzel

19 Jan 2015, 23:41

Thank god! :roll: :lol:

Muirium
µ

19 Jan 2015, 23:45

You know, as a mod, I see edit buttons under every post, right? Not just my own, but everywhere!

The couple of times I was in SEEBART HUYPER EDIT mode are not occasions I want to repeat!

seebart

19 Jan 2015, 23:48

I know it's a bad habit I need to drop, or let's say change. I doesen't make things easier for you guys when I want to cram every single thought into that last post of mine.

Muirium
µ

20 Jan 2015, 00:00

To be fair, I edit all the time, too. But I try to avoid changing the meaning of a post, so it's not a big deal if someone's read it already and doesn't notice the update. I'm usually just adding links and fixing egregious errors.

The fact I can now do this as a ghost, on everyone's posts, without triggering those "Last edited by" tags would drive you insane, young Padawan. Fortunately for us all, I'm lazy above all else.

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

20 Jan 2015, 00:26

IMO the Bisley has a certain je ne sais quoi.
bisley.jpg
bisley.jpg (206.34 KiB) Viewed 4402 times
Not technically on my desk, but adjecent to. I should check to see if an SSK could fit inside.

seebart

20 Jan 2015, 09:28

facetsesame wrote: IMO the Bisley has a certain je ne sais quoi.
I will not oppose that! But any Bisley will not nearly have the "je ne sais quoi" of an SSK! :lol:
facetsesame wrote: I should check to see if an SSK could fit inside.
now your're getting somewhere with your Bisley. :mrgreen:

ShivaYash

20 Jan 2015, 09:52

How funny the Bisley has overthrown the magic and beauty of the SSK. I have no less than five Bisley cabinets in my tiny loft study. Sometimes I lay awake at night, worried they will fall through the floor! I think the examples I have are still British made, but suspect the newer stuff is PRC made. The tabletop drawers are great and I need a 'secret plans' label. No one spotted the DYMO labels on the Bisley. I think they personally have the je ne sais quoi factor.

Happy Tuesday.

andrewjoy

20 Jan 2015, 12:21

this is not the best shot ever ( phone camera ) but it shows my new setup at home , i am quite proud of my new desk and chair, also see the lackrack at the back
Attachments
IMG_20150118_212930.jpg
IMG_20150118_212930.jpg (802.43 KiB) Viewed 4327 times
IMG_20150118_212935.jpg
IMG_20150118_212935.jpg (669.42 KiB) Viewed 4330 times

Return to “Gallery”