Ducky G2PRO Tenkeyless

magnetic

06 Aug 2012, 21:58

Ducky Nordic wrote: White ones will take about a month to have as separately sold sets as i mentioned earlier. We might do also with UK markings but at current we do not sell anything in the UK. What we definately can do is blank PBT sets, in black and in white...and maybe even some funky colorcombo :D
please do, you will make so much profit as there are a lot of people looking for someone to come up with an ISO PBT set!

p.s. where can i see the black, engraved iso set?

thanks

Findecanor

06 Aug 2012, 23:49

Ducky Nordic wrote:Currently the market(or actually consumer awereness) isnt big enough to make to make separate keycap sets for each nordic country.
How about shipping a couple extra keys and a key cap puller?
Norwegian/Danish customers could swap Æ and Ø themselves.
I know that there is at least one rubber dome keyboard that was made this way.

nuhi

07 Aug 2012, 03:15

Ducky Nordic wrote:Yes the bottom material on the wrist rest is not succesful one unfortunately as material is too hard to hold on smooth slippery surface. I suggest cutting few large pieces of pretty thin soft rubber and attaching them on bottom. Can use an old Steelseries Qck mousemat(which is only 3mm) or similar thats about to go to the bin if you have something like that lying around.
Funny coincidence that I actually have old spare Steelseries Qck. Thanks for the tip.

Could it have been that I bought this board from you in the Assembly? Got the S/N 2 one. :)

Elrick

07 Aug 2012, 06:03

Ducky Nordic wrote:Tho you wont find tenkeyless G2PRO yet as the Assembly special edition were 1st units made for Nordics (actually 1st units to anywhere). Tenkeyless models with ABS and 3 different PBT variants will arrive within this month.
You guys are extremely lucky. Hence the mix of white and brown Cherry MX switches will never again be available to anyone else.........that just sux.

I couldn't care less about the keys only need to get the keyboard with the 2 Cherry variants.

I guess I'll have to wait till someone gets sick of theirs to sell it on here.

birabirabärs

07 Aug 2012, 23:25

If Ducky makes this keyboard with a Rainbow PBT-set i will get a humongous orgasm!!

rich0d

10 Aug 2012, 14:41

Sweet! I've been after a reasonably priced, non-CMStorm ISO tenkeyless board for a while, any idea on pricing of them?

Ducky Nordic
Kayvee

12 Aug 2012, 21:06

magnetic wrote:
Ducky Nordic wrote: White ones will take about a month to have as separately sold sets as i mentioned earlier. We might do also with UK markings but at current we do not sell anything in the UK. What we definately can do is blank PBT sets, in black and in white...and maybe even some funky colorcombo :D
please do, you will make so much profit as there are a lot of people looking for someone to come up with an ISO PBT set!

p.s. where can i see the black, engraved iso set?

thanks
At current theres not as many resellers for the keycap sets as there are for the keyboards. At the moment the production volumes for keycap sets are low as is the consumer awereness. The keycap sets are and will be available at least from:

Finland: Jimms.fi , Verkkokauppa.com
Sweden: MaxFPS.se
Maybe also from 1 reseller in both Norway and Denmark.

Ducky Nordic
Kayvee

12 Aug 2012, 21:08

Findecanor wrote:
Ducky Nordic wrote:Currently the market(or actually consumer awereness) isnt big enough to make to make separate keycap sets for each nordic country.
How about shipping a couple extra keys and a key cap puller?
Norwegian/Danish customers could swap Æ and Ø themselves.
I know that there is at least one rubber dome keyboard that was made this way.
It would need 5 or more caps to make it proper. At current the production volumes are very low so maybe a bit later.

Ducky Nordic
Kayvee

12 Aug 2012, 21:11

nuhi wrote:
Ducky Nordic wrote:Yes the bottom material on the wrist rest is not succesful one unfortunately as material is too hard to hold on smooth slippery surface. I suggest cutting few large pieces of pretty thin soft rubber and attaching them on bottom. Can use an old Steelseries Qck mousemat(which is only 3mm) or similar thats about to go to the bin if you have something like that lying around.
Funny coincidence that I actually have old spare Steelseries Qck. Thanks for the tip.

Could it have been that I bought this board from you in the Assembly? Got the S/N 2 one. :)
Yes, it was me :D ...and conrats on acquiring an excellent and rare keyboard.

Ducky Nordic
Kayvee

12 Aug 2012, 21:19

rich0d wrote:Sweet! I've been after a reasonably priced, non-CMStorm ISO tenkeyless board for a while, any idea on pricing of them?
The G2PRO tenkeyless models will range from about 119 to 159 euros depending on what kind of keycaps are on the unit.
The Assembly special edition was priced at 179 because of special very limited production batch, rare (mixed)switch type, white engraved ISO PBT caps and the expensive bill from TNT express airfreight :D

Djuzuh

12 Aug 2012, 21:25

Ducky Nordic wrote:
dirge wrote:To my knowledge this is the first PBT ISO set.

Can you do UK PBT engraved?
Hiya,

We have already done the black ones. Heres pics from a full ISO PBT set Ducky Black on black enraved:

White ones will take about a month to have as separately sold sets as i mentioned earlier. We might do also with UK markings but at current we do not sell anything in the UK. What we definately can do is blank PBT sets, in black and in white...and maybe even some funky colorcombo :D
The european market desesperatly needs blank ISO PBT keycaps !

Please tell us where we can buy a set :P.

Ducky Nordic
Kayvee

14 Aug 2012, 11:00

Djuzuh wrote:

Yes, we decided to produce some blank ISO PBT 105pcs sets. These sets will be suitable for most brand cherry keyboards as we'll make the Numlck, CapsLck and ScrLck caps without small transparent piece for led light (which would be normally done for Ducky keyboards).

We will produce blank ISO PBT 105pcs sets in black and white. Estimate for availability in stores is about 3 weeks to 1 month.
These will be available at least at a Finnish resellers called Jimms and Verkkokauppa. Their sites are http://www.jimms.fi and http://www.verkkokauppa.com. Both of them do international shipping.

damorgue

14 Aug 2012, 11:23

You are just trying to make me broke, aren't ya?

Two of the three Swedish stores you mentioned earlier claims they have no info indicating that they will begin to sell these caps. Hopefully they are wrong.

Ducky Nordic
Kayvee

14 Aug 2012, 12:17

damorgue wrote:You are just trying to make me broke, aren't ya?

Two of the three Swedish stores you mentioned earlier claims they have no info indicating that they will begin to sell these caps. Hopefully they are wrong.
Haha ;)

Well i personally dont know how interested the mentioned Swedish stores are on low'ish volume accessorys. Im sure that MaxFPS in Sweden will want to carry these blank PBT keycap sets.

For now i only mentioned the Finnish ones as im 100% sure on them.

magnetic

15 Aug 2012, 13:42

Ducky Nordic wrote:
Djuzuh wrote:

Yes, we decided to produce some blank ISO PBT 105pcs sets. These sets will be suitable for most brand cherry keyboards as we'll make the Numlck, CapsLck and ScrLck caps without small transparent piece for led light (which would be normally done for Ducky keyboards).

We will produce blank ISO PBT 105pcs sets in black and white. Estimate for availability in stores is about 3 weeks to 1 month.
These will be available at least at a Finnish resellers called Jimms and Verkkokauppa. Their sites are http://www.jimms.fi and http://www.verkkokauppa.com. Both of them do international shipping.
bless you :D

damorgue

15 Aug 2012, 18:24

Verkkokauppa is the store from which you easiest buy Topre in Sweden. Did you have any mor exact date on when they might carry the PBT's you mentioned?

How thick are the key caps?

mr_frag

15 Aug 2012, 21:10

OMFG i was waitning pbt iso keycaps for one year! nice! PBT ISO blanks are posible?

damorgue

15 Aug 2012, 23:11

mr_frag wrote:OMFG i was waitning pbt iso keycaps for one year! nice! PBT ISO blanks are posible?
Ducky Nordic wrote: Yes, we decided to produce some blank ISO PBT 105pcs sets. These sets will be suitable for most brand cherry keyboards as we'll make the Numlck, CapsLck and ScrLck caps without small transparent piece for led light (which would be normally done for Ducky keyboards).

Ducky Nordic
Kayvee

16 Aug 2012, 12:50

damorgue wrote:Verkkokauppa is the store from which you easiest buy Topre in Sweden. Did you have any mor exact date on when they might carry the PBT's you mentioned?

How thick are the key caps?
Dont have exact dates. This is a small production run so factory will run when they have a small available slot. Also with air freight available date of departure + hubs/arrival can have variations worth days. The total estimate is a month. If sun shines for us it will be faster :D

The PBT caps id say is "standard" thickness. Not super thick and not super thin. Its same thickness as it would be on ABS caps since its the same standard mould.

Heres a pic from bottom:
Last edited by Ducky Nordic on 16 Aug 2012, 13:29, edited 2 times in total.

Ducky Nordic
Kayvee

16 Aug 2012, 12:54

mr_frag wrote:OMFG i was waitning pbt iso keycaps for one year! nice! PBT ISO blanks are posible?
Yes :)

Ducky Nordic
Kayvee

20 Aug 2012, 15:41

[PR]

If someone happens to be interested: We put 6pcs (out of 10) of these very special edition keyboards on sale. There are available from Jimms.fi (Finland).

http://www.jimms.fi/tuote/G2PROTKL-ASSY

Ducky G2PRO Tenkeyless Assembly very special edition MX Brown/MX Clear -mix Nordic layout

- G2PRO Tenkeyless, ISO layout 88 keys, Nordic legends(Used in Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark)
- Mixed switch layout: Letters, numbers and arrows MX Brown(52pcs) all other surrounding keys MX Clear(36pcs)
- White PBT keycaps, engraved
- Full NKRO via USB ans PS2
- 4-port dip-switch on the bottom
- Only 10pcs of these beauties produced

cinch

24 Aug 2012, 22:09

birabirabärs wrote:If Ducky makes this keyboard with a Rainbow PBT-set i will get a humongous orgasm!!
+1

@Ducky Nordic: thanks a ton for making the blank ISO PBT caps. you guys are pioneers :)

dirge

29 Aug 2012, 19:56

Anyone got a link for the blank pbt?

damorgue

30 Aug 2012, 10:15

dirge wrote:Anyone got a link for the blank pbt?
As far as I know, only the lasered and engraved black ones have been released as of yet.

magnetic

02 Sep 2012, 04:12

damorgue wrote:
As far as I know, only the lasered and engraved black ones have been released as of yet.
iso? where?

damorgue

02 Sep 2012, 05:56

magnetic wrote:
damorgue wrote:
iso? where?
http://www.maxfps.se/product_view.aspx?productid=5367
http://www.maxfps.se/product_view.aspx?productid=5368

Those are the two that have been released.
I am waiting for the white ones to be released as well before I order. Hopefully we might have word on when/if blanks will also be released and I can perhaps get those as well.

magnetic

03 Sep 2012, 02:16

ah, I see

would you happen to know if they have finnish text / layout on them? they also have the ducky led windows, i think they're meant to be replacement sets for finnish ducky boards.

window-less, blank sets it is.

damorgue

04 Sep 2012, 18:33

I thought Finnish was the same layout as Swedish. If so, then yes. I think someone mentioned a couple of addon keys earlier in this thread that ducky might look into. These are Swedish for now it seems.

huttala

04 Sep 2012, 20:15

damorgue wrote:I thought Finnish was the same layout as Swedish. If so, then yes. I think someone mentioned a couple of addon keys earlier in this thread that ducky might look into. These are Swedish for now it seems.
Just to confirm I want to say that Finnish and swedish keyboards has the same layout.

Ducky Nordic
Kayvee

05 Sep 2012, 20:04

damorgue wrote:
http://www.maxfps.se/product_view.aspx?productid=5367
http://www.maxfps.se/product_view.aspx?productid=5368

Those are the two that have been released.
I am waiting for the white ones to be released as well before I order. Hopefully we might have word on when/if blanks will also be released and I can perhaps get those as well.
To give anyone interested some updated info on PBT caps:

Yes, we will release the white PBT ISO sets (engraved and also with laser etched print). I dont have a date yet as currently the factory is swamped with new projects. Some projects extremely interesting :) ...but the caps will be made eventually.

The BLANK ISO PBT sets will come FIRST. Both BLACK and WHITE sets. Bad news is that factory is swamped with new keyboard releases so they will be made around/after mid-september. So they will arrive to Nordics on 3rd or 4th week of september. There will be only 100 black and 100 white sets available at this time. These sets will suit most Cherry keyboards as they wont have small transparent parts on Caps, ScrLck or Numlck.

There will be G2PRO tenkeyless keyboards available with WHITE ISO PBT and Nordic legends within september though(engraved and also with laser.e.print) as these will arrive at same time with the BLANK sets.

Return to “Gallery”