Micro Switch keyboard 1978

jacobolus

26 Nov 2014, 01:32

Daniel: you shouldn’t fly anywhere, it’ll just make you grumpy. Then again, you were grumpy to begin with. Maybe have some tea?

dorkvader

26 Nov 2014, 03:38

mr_a500 wrote: Oh yes, I appreciate HaaTa's detailed documentation, nice photos and switch dismantling. I mostly hate the fact that after he documents an awesome obscure keyboard that I then desperately want, I know that there's no way in hell I'll ever find one. (...or if I do, b***a will outbid me... the scurvy bastard)
I've found a few keyboards for HaaTa (or rather found them first and then didn't bid against). Every time I feel glad, knowing that they'll be properly documented.

In at least one case, Haata found a very rare keyboard, and I found another one later! it does happen.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

17 Dec 2014, 15:14

incredible keyboard mr_a500. As you know I have some idea now of how these are built. Great find. That enter key. :shock:

mr_a500

17 Dec 2014, 15:54

Notice how these are the newer version of the hall effect switch, compared to your keyboard. The slider is an irregular rectangle instead of cylindrical, they're lower profile and mounted through a plate rather than the old style grid with easily removable tops. They must have changed to the new style switch some time between 1977 and 1978.

Return to “Gallery”