Great/Interesting Finds

Engicoder

16 Dec 2015, 04:09

XMIT wrote: I hope b***a bids on one of my auctions some time so we can figure out who this is once and for all.
The evil side of me has contemplated offering up something tasty just to reel him in.

Tuntematon

16 Dec 2015, 04:57

Hypersphere wrote: NTC KB-6851EA Mini Keyboard with white Alps switches

If anyone here is interested, I contacted the seller, and he said that he has ~ 30 of these, which presumably will be selling at very favorable prices.
Since when does this keyboard exist? :o

It's a shame about the arrow cluster but I'm still interested. Any idea of the seller's intentions, will he be auctioning them one at a time?

chzel

16 Dec 2015, 05:14

It's a really interesting layout
I've sent a message to the seller to pull a cap and make sure what switches it has, gather interest from you guys, haggle a bit, and probably run a mini GB if there is enough interest.

shreebles
Finally 60%

16 Dec 2015, 07:36

Terrific! If it really has white Alps it'd be a nice little board to try them on.

Muirium
µ

16 Dec 2015, 07:48

Indeed. And Greek caps are some of my favourite caps, inexplicably…

Khers

16 Dec 2015, 08:35

I'd be interested if you were to run a mini-GB with those, chzel

andrewjoy

16 Dec 2015, 10:40

I could get in on that.

scottc

16 Dec 2015, 10:53

Ooh, I'd be up for a GB too!

ImbaHue

16 Dec 2015, 10:56

In for a GB as well!

-ImbaHue

Sayso

16 Dec 2015, 11:00

Count me in for a GB too ;)

gogusrl

16 Dec 2015, 11:22

i might be interested as well depending on the price.

dirty wang
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Wang-Ke ... 1950417002?

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

16 Dec 2015, 11:52

Wow, sexy little Alps board. I might come back to Alps with something like this. Count me in if price is low!

Nuum

16 Dec 2015, 11:56

Depending on the price, I'd be in as well.

Stabilized

16 Dec 2015, 12:15

I would be up for one too, if the price is right ;)

andrewjoy

16 Dec 2015, 12:43

Engicoder wrote:
XMIT wrote: I hope b***a bids on one of my auctions some time so we can figure out who this is once and for all.
The evil side of me has contemplated offering up something tasty just to reel him in.

Engicoder the keyboard honeytrap!

snuci
Vintage computer guy

16 Dec 2015, 13:05

If someone offers a cheap or any IBM 3178 beam spring, I'll be b***a. :)

E3E

16 Dec 2015, 14:06

chzel wrote: It's a really interesting layout
I've sent a message to the seller to pull a cap and make sure what switches it has, gather interest from you guys, haggle a bit, and probably run a mini GB if there is enough interest.
The one with the Greek letters?

Heck yeah I'm down for one!

Hypersphere

16 Dec 2015, 14:32

I contacted the seller of the Greek mini keyboard and asked him to check to see if any of the 30 were a different model number and if any of them had blue Alps. He said that they were all white Alps, and he then posted another one on eBay with a BIN price of $20 plus $16 for international shipping. I bought that one. I am not sure, but I think he might be waiting for the one that is currently up for bid to sell before he posts the other one(s) in his collection. When I get mine, I will pull a cap and post a pic of what I find. It will be a shame if this thing turns out to be something like foam and foil instead of white Alps, but to me it is worth $36 to find out.

jou

16 Dec 2015, 15:52

If those are white Alps, I'd be interested in one, too

jbondeson

16 Dec 2015, 16:04

Yep, definitely interested as well!

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

16 Dec 2015, 16:11

Hypersphere wrote: If anyone here is interested, I contacted the seller, and he said that he has ~ 30 of these, which presumably will be selling at very favorable prices.
Yeah count me in. 8-) chzel is our man on the scene. If we buy all 30 for a GB he might give us a really good price.

derzemel

16 Dec 2015, 16:16

Toshipa T3200SXC laptop in Milano which possibly has ALPS SKFL switches:

http://www.subito.it/informatica/comput ... 969910.htm

here is an older topic about it: http://deskthority.net/photos-f62/toshi ... -t603.html

Laser
emacs -nw

16 Dec 2015, 16:20

chzel wrote: It's a really interesting layout
I'm also interested in one, if mechanical :)

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

16 Dec 2015, 16:47

Scottex

16 Dec 2015, 16:57

I would be interested in that GB if the price doesn't get high

Tuntematon

16 Dec 2015, 16:59

Engicoder wrote:
1. Engicoder baits the target
2. Target takes the bait
3. b***a is revealed to be Doug Johnson from Vermont!
4. Engicoder experiences a moment of satisfaction, realizes he can't do anything with this information.
5. Engicoder regrets selling that sweet keyboard to Doug "b***a" Johnson

Engicoder

16 Dec 2015, 19:31

Tuntematon wrote:
Engicoder wrote:
1. Engicoder baits the target
2. Target takes the bait
3. b***a is revealed to be Doug Johnson from Vermont!
4. Engicoder experiences a moment of satisfaction, realizes he can't do anything with this information.
5. Engicoder regrets selling that sweet keyboard to Doug "b***a" Johnson
Haha, you may be right, but more likely I would contact him to get the back story.

Engicoder

16 Dec 2015, 19:36

Here you go chzel

EDIT: chzel is negotiating for this item.
Last edited by Engicoder on 16 Dec 2015, 20:07, edited 1 time in total.

chzel

16 Dec 2015, 19:38

E3E

16 Dec 2015, 20:05

Engicoder wrote: Here you go chzel
http://www.ebay.com/itm/191761165366

Some say that certain variants of the MCK-101 (and the variants VARY quite a bit between suffixes) have double shot PBT caps. Can anyone verify this with an acetone test?

I find it a little hard to believe, but I WANT to be proven wrong in this case.

EDIT: No worries, I can respect items people really want! I won't be dealing with trying to nab this out from under chzel. :) I'm just curious about the PBT claim.
Last edited by E3E on 16 Dec 2015, 20:09, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Other external”