Great/Interesting Finds

scottc

27 Feb 2015, 00:56

Look at that funny little backspace on the Acorn keyboard! And the numpad 0 key is a much different colour to the rest of the keys.

The font on the numbers is also off. I recognise it, but it doesn't look like IBM's!

Muirium
µ

27 Feb 2015, 01:03

They were almost thinking HHKB Backspace, but no:

The font is way off, period. Look at that J!

wheybags

27 Feb 2015, 01:06

If someone gets the last one, I'd be interested in the lk201 clones.

Muirium
µ

27 Feb 2015, 01:12

Mitsumis sighted in that lot, as well:

Can't say I've seen a McDonnell Douglas keyboard before, they usually read as jets to me!

My Chicony with Mitsumis is the first board I've had with a 4th LED, much like this, for indicating power.

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

27 Feb 2015, 01:27

Woops, didn't see the answers.

I'm putting the second batch here, then:

Super clean espanol G80-1000 HAD (sic?!)
http://www.ebay.es/itm/Teclado-PC-AT-CH ... 3aa37c7ec5

Expensive Bondwell, but those caps are just wow
http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Bondwell-12-CP-M ... 4d2e28f00b

122 keys model M
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/IBM-Model-M-Keyb ... 4d2e0623ab

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

27 Feb 2015, 01:29

scottc wrote: Look at that funny little backspace on the Acorn keyboard! And the numpad 0 key is a much different colour to the rest of the keys.

The font on the numbers is also off. I recognise it, but it doesn't look like IBM's!
So, what's under the caps? :)

scottc

27 Feb 2015, 01:42

Uh... keyswitches?! Who knows!

That Spanish-layout keyboard is a no-brainer for anyone who uses the layout. Great price too.

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

27 Feb 2015, 01:43

scottc wrote: Uh... keyswitches?! Who knows!

That Spanish-layout keyboard is a no-brainer for anyone who uses the layout. Great price too.
Clearly. Almost bought it myself just for collection, so I'd be glad that it goes to a spanish guy.

pcaro

27 Feb 2015, 09:44

ramnes wrote:
scottc wrote: That Spanish-layout keyboard is a no-brainer for anyone who uses the layout. Great price too.
Clearly. Almost bought it myself just for collection, so I'd be glad that it goes to a spanish guy.

Bought! I use to TKLs but I cannot resist after reading the recomemdations... And I am a spanish guy ;)
This will be my first "classical keyboard".

kbdfr
The Tiproman

27 Feb 2015, 09:58

pcaro wrote: […] Bought! […]... And I am a spanish guy ;) […]
Thanks for buying it and putting an end to the cruel ordeal some of us will have undergone :mrgreen:

HzFaq

27 Feb 2015, 10:02

I don't think I've ever seen a Spanish layout Cherry board before (nice capslock btw :D). Nice find and I'm glad it went to a Spanish user!

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

27 Feb 2015, 10:03

pcaro wrote:
ramnes wrote:
scottc wrote: That Spanish-layout keyboard is a no-brainer for anyone who uses the layout. Great price too.

Bought! I use to TKLs but I cannot resist after reading the recomemdations... And I am a spanish guy ;)
This will be my first "classical keyboard".
Awesome! Give us some feedback when you got it. :)

Halvar

27 Feb 2015, 10:07

Shoutout to all beige vintage set buyers:

Use your sets on pretty much every modern MX board by joining Ivan's mod set group buy! Greatest Cherry beige GMK adapter kit ever, with caps that will be made with the same tooling as your Cherry doubleshot kits (and we're still struggling with MOQ).

http://deskthority.net/group-buys-f50/g ... t9333.html

(I'm not the organizer or involved in this other than participating...)

HzFaq

27 Feb 2015, 10:13

I honestly don't understand how that hasn't hit MOQ, it has more or less everything you could need to get an old Cherry set complete on a modern board. I'm currently sitting on 3 sets ordered so can't really go in for anymore, but apreciate the last minute drive for orders.

pcaro

27 Feb 2015, 10:24

My wallet hates you, really!
Halvar wrote: Shoutout to all beige vintage set buyers:

Use your sets on pretty much every modern MX board by joining Ivan's mod set group buy! Greatest Cherry beige GMK adapter kit ever, with caps that will be made with the same tooling as your Cherry doubleshot kits (and we're still struggling with MOQ).

http://deskthority.net/group-buys-f50/g ... t9333.html

(I'm not the organizer or involved in this other than participating...)

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

27 Feb 2015, 10:25

Still hesitating...

guk
1896 Vintage Reds

27 Feb 2015, 10:27

Most of the included keys are of no use to me at all, and I don't want Ctrl instead of Strg anyway. :/
Overall, it would be a 49€+shipping moogle to me.

pcaro

27 Feb 2015, 10:34

I just pay that mainly for changing from ISO to ANSI ... These keys cost me much more than the full keyboard!
guk wrote: Most of the included keys are of no use to me at all, and I don't want Ctrl instead of Strg anyway. :/

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

27 Feb 2015, 10:34

guk wrote: Most of the included keys are of no use to me at all, and I don't want Ctrl instead of Strg anyway. :/
Yeah, kind of the same here. I also would like AltGr. But what really bother me is that there is no beige 1.5u \| key, to fake ANSI with my ISO cherry sets. There is the grey one, but who want that key in grey?

kbdfr
The Tiproman

27 Feb 2015, 10:38

HzFaq wrote: I honestly don't understand how that hasn't hit MOQ, it has more or less everything you could need to get an old Cherry set complete on a modern board. […]
It's exactly the "more or less" point that prevented me from suscribing for 2 mod sets.
At a price of 56$ plus " shipping costs, […] all paypal fees, and an additional $5 groupbuy fee"
(not even sure if insurance is included in shipping costs), plus another 19% import VAT to be paid on arrival,
I'm not ready to compromise on a 1.25u "AltGr" cap.

Not that it now would bother me much, though :mrgreen:
1.25 DS mods.jpg
1.25 DS mods.jpg (94.38 KiB) Viewed 5659 times

pcaro

27 Feb 2015, 10:51

ramnes wrote:
Yeah, kind of the same here. I also would like AltGr. But what really bother me is that there is no beige 1.5u \| key, to fake ANSI with my ISO cherry sets. There is the grey one, but who want that key in grey?
I prefer grey version! I have a two colors keycaps and I prefer the secondary color completely surrounds the alphanumeric keys

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

27 Feb 2015, 10:58

pcaro wrote:
ramnes wrote:
I prefer grey version! I have a two colors keycaps and I prefer the secondary color completely surrounds the alphanumeric keys
Erf. So I guess I'm more like a logic guy. To me the logic is that characters are in beige, and other keys in grey.

That would really disturb me to have a character in grey. :oops:

pcaro

27 Feb 2015, 11:01

ramnes wrote:
Erf. So I guess I'm more like a logic guy. To me the logic is that characters are in beige, and other keys in grey.

That would really disturb me to have a character in grey. :oops:
Of course I understand.

I have numbers row in secondary color too. Alfas surrounded like I said. I like that design

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

27 Feb 2015, 11:59

Wow a McDonnell Douglas keyboard with blue Alps? Takeoff! :mrgreen:

Muirium
µ

27 Feb 2015, 12:02

Well, can we see the logo on them? Alps clones are a whole universe of their own. Some are nice (Montereys) but many are nasty.

Prelim

27 Feb 2015, 12:04

x2
that the main reason why Ivan's GB is being a flop!

people only need moogles/spacebars so they don't want to spend 50€ on a set and ending up using 10% of it :(

seebart

27 Feb 2015, 12:08

Muirium wrote: Well, can we see the logo on them? Alps clones are a whole universe of their own. Some are nice (Montereys) but many are nasty.
I am well aware of the many Alps clones. If they are "nasty" is relative though. From what I can see on that mediocre picture I´d say those are Alps SKCM Blue. But it´s pointless arguing right? Not enough information there.

Let me rephrase then: Wow a McDonnell Douglas keyboard with some sort of Alps looking switch that may not be as nasty as you think! :mrgreen:
Last edited by seebart on 27 Feb 2015, 12:16, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

27 Feb 2015, 12:15

True. Someone can buy these and take the risk for us!

seebart

27 Feb 2015, 12:16

Last edited by seebart on 27 Feb 2015, 12:16, edited 1 time in total.
8-)

Muirium
µ

27 Feb 2015, 12:22

Ahem.

Anyway, I'm far from certain that keyboard is crap. But I'm just as far from convinced it's good, either. Alps are pretty notorious for going bad when dirty, too.

Pity there's not £80 worth of convincing goodies in the lot. Maybe. Maybe not.

Return to “Other external”