mx "ergo white" mod

realex

04 Apr 2013, 12:00

has anyone done it?

sadly i only got one mx white switch here for testing purposes but after swapping the spring with a mx red one i got to say i really like it - i might go for a full board with these.

additionaly can anyone give a definite statement about mx white actuation/release point? is it the same as with mx blue, having release point higher than actuation point?

TDub

04 Apr 2013, 14:03

I know there was a lengthy discussion about the difference between blues and whites. Not sure what the final conclusion was but I think there was no major difference in the sliders, but rather the lubrication of the slider.

Ascaii
The Beard

06 Apr 2013, 09:41

Whites are heavier than blues, they are not quite greens, but definitely stronger than blues.

realex

07 Apr 2013, 00:27

you wouldn't believe where i got the white switch i was talking about from. i found it while dissecting the typewriter i harvested some dyesubs from a TA Gabriele 7007. while this typewriter uses MY switches on the keys, the mx white was located inside the case as some kind of mechanical sensor for the slider being in the leftmost position.

(not familiar with any typewriter related stuff, don't get mad if the terms are entirely wrong)

Ascaii
The Beard

07 Apr 2013, 11:22

Thanks for that hint, I was about to toss the corpse of my 7007, ill get that switch out first.

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

27 May 2015, 08:57

The Thread is a bit old, but I have also bought a Gabriele 7007 typewriter some days ago (german layout) and in the typewriter wasn't a mx white switch but a mx (vintage?) black switch. I will post some pictures in my own thread when I have time.

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

28 May 2015, 05:41

I have found a second mx switch in my 7007 typewriter, located on the "mainboard" of the keyboard (under the keyboard on the pcb with the micro chips), the switch is also mx black.

Return to “Workshop”