Kicad files for a tenkeyless?

Julle

03 Aug 2014, 12:58

Are there any readily and legally available KiCad (or equivalent) PCB schematics for a tenkeyless keyboard? All I'd really want is a tenkeyless keyboard with non-staggered keys. I'm guessing there isn't one, so I thought of modifying an existing design to fit my needs.

Why don't I do it from scratch? Because I'm hopelessly shit when it comes to PCB design.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Muirium
µ

03 Aug 2014, 13:09

A nonstaggered tenkeyless, eh?

Julle

03 Aug 2014, 13:15

Yes...?

Julle

03 Aug 2014, 19:46

Judging by the joyous reception this thread has got I'm assuming people think
imwhatnow.gif
imwhatnow.gif (1023.63 KiB) Viewed 1864 times
In all seriousness, I've tried the other readily available ergonomic mechanical offerings and I've concluded that the only ergonomical feature I need at the moment is an even matrix in a compact form factor. Is that so silly?

Muirium
µ

03 Aug 2014, 20:15

No, you're not going wrong. I'm just surprised Kbdfr hasn't shown up already and grumbled about Tipros.

Have you got any further than thinking about the PCB? Any ideas for a case?

7bit

03 Aug 2014, 21:44

Julle wrote: Are there any readily and legally available KiCad (or equivalent) PCB schematics for a tenkeyless keyboard? All I'd really want is a tenkeyless keyboard with non-staggered keys. I'm guessing there isn't one, so I thought of modifying an existing design to fit my needs.

Why don't I do it from scratch? Because I'm hopelessly shit when it comes to PCB design.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
I can make you a PCB-layout including scheme with traces (you have to make them yourself).

Just let me know where you want the controller placed and what kind of layout.

7bit

03 Aug 2014, 22:07

Do you want this?
SymTenkey.png
SymTenkey.png (133.77 KiB) Viewed 1827 times
:shock:

bpiphany

05 Aug 2014, 06:59

Not a tenkeyless, but perhaps a good start for something to expand https://github.com/BathroomEpiphanies/K ... d-Tutorial There is of course a lot of work to be done before that is a keyboard, but all the important parts should be available..

Return to “Workshop”