Alps SKFL

skrsh3r

13 Dec 2014, 16:48

I know this is a long shot but i'm going to try anyway, i need these dimensions Image
I hope someone with loose switch can help me here.

Parak

13 Dec 2014, 17:10

Don't have loose switches, but can measure them on the PCB that I have. Coming up as ~12mm and ~14mm. Vertical is ~3mm. I don't think Alps does decimals other than .5s, so whole numbers are probably accurate as .5s seemed too big/small on my calipers.

Daniel Beardsmore

13 Dec 2014, 19:04

Contact legs, tip to tip: ca. 14 mm; hole centre to hole centre at switch base appears to be the same (first time around I got 13.80 mm but currently I'm concurring on 14 mm for two separate switches)

Lid legs, tip to tip: 11.50 mm for one, and 12.50 mm for another — these legs get bent readily, so 12 mm hole spacing sounds correct. The lid legs are 12.9 mm apart (between outer edges) at the sides, before they splay out.

Vertical: 3 mm

skrsh3r

13 Dec 2014, 21:37

Thank you guys, now just need to figure out stabs and source switches.

jacobolus

15 Dec 2014, 00:01

Stabilizers are going to be tough. The standard PCB-mount Alps stabilizers are plastic that gets melted to fuse to the PCB.

If you live in the US, I can sell you some switches. How many do you need?

skrsh3r

15 Dec 2014, 01:54

Well best idea i came up with is gluing alps plate mount stabs to pcb, the thing is i don't have a single switch to experiment with stabs, wire length and hole placement on pcb i'm not i a hurry to buy switches and end up not being able to use them plus i'm in EU so shipping is going to kill me i think.

Daniel Beardsmore

15 Dec 2014, 09:11

I'm curious what advantage you feel that these switches offer over MX black.

skrsh3r

15 Dec 2014, 16:42

Well since i'm planing on making my own pcb's there's one less hole to be drilled and that's a big advantage if you ask me, then there's a shorter travel which is my preference also they are more stable then normal alps from what i read and i don't need a plate for them.

Return to “Workshop”