Post your desktop.

Compgeke

30 Sep 2015, 04:04

Decided it was a good night to try and get the WY-55 working. Gotta give it (and my printer) a good cleaning next, but at least it works.

Keyboard's a Wyse ASCII board with vintage blacks and keycaps prone to breaking off, hence those random ones mixed in.

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

30 Sep 2015, 08:35

yum, amber. hey, that thing's never seen sunlight has it?!

Compgeke

30 Sep 2015, 08:43

sth wrote: yum, amber. hey, that thing's never seen sunlight has it?!
Oddly the back half is yellowed but the front isn't. I'm not sure if that's a result of different plastic mixture for front vs back or if someone stored it face down at some point.

andrewjoy

30 Sep 2015, 11:24

Amber is awesome . If i could get a amber tube i would retrofit it into my wyse .

GuilleAcoustic

30 Sep 2015, 18:13

Nothing really new, but I finally made an inline TMK converter for my Apple M0110:

The keyboard is yellowed, but it really matches the yellow from the ball (which is original colour). Next step it to make a definitive cable using a smaller AVR and a nicely sleeved cable.

shreebles
Finally 60%

30 Sep 2015, 18:18

andrewjoy wrote: Amber is awesome . If i could get a amber tube i would retrofit it into my wyse .
Or just install this mod! Works for me :D
Amber over green any day of the week.

andrewjoy

30 Sep 2015, 18:22

That trackballs is crying out for a 8 ball

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

30 Sep 2015, 18:45

Glad you are enjoying the M0110 I helped you find. Looks great. :-)

chzel

30 Sep 2015, 18:53

I need to get around to do my M0110 as well!

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

30 Sep 2015, 18:56

chzel wrote: I need to get around to do my M0110 as well!
Same here. The tons of things I put off... :oops:

GuilleAcoustic

30 Sep 2015, 19:07

andrewjoy wrote: That trackballs is crying out for a 8 ball
Been thinking about it, but this unit is pretty rare as it is (busmouse version) and I'd like to keep it untouched.
XMIT wrote: Glad you are enjoying the M0110 I helped you find. Looks great. :-)
Yep, thanks again for the help. This is a great unit and a lovely keyboard to type on.

andrewjoy

30 Sep 2015, 20:10

chzel wrote: I need to get around to do my M0110 as well!
me too , have all the bits just need to get a controller and some diodes, i think i will hand wire a matrix

Smoothers

27 Oct 2015, 00:07

Ive taken so much inspiration from this thread, cant thank you guys enough. I feel like I've learned a lot since my post back on page 4. And there's still so much more I want to do now. Finding a nice set of studio monitors, as well as a dac and amp. Upgrading to a decent case, and collecting more headphones and a keyboard or two. Oh, and more braided cables, yes :wink: Sorry for the poor picture quality.

andrewjoy

27 Oct 2015, 00:11

I like your bench , when i finally get space for a workshop / electronics lab that's the type of thing i will build

I am a huge fan of Fractal cases now, as long as you dont have a SR2 or some other EATX you could fit that hardware in a fractal define S no problem, it looks nice and simple . Its ultra quite , nice and cheap and supports water cooling if that's your thing.

Smoothers

27 Oct 2015, 00:21

andrewjoy wrote: I like your bench
Thanks mate. I'm no wood worker but its simple and functional.

andrewjoy wrote: I am a huge fan of Fractal cases now, as long as you dont have a SR2 or some other EATX you could fit that hardware in a fractal define S no problem, it looks nice and simple . Its ultra quite , nice and cheap and supports water cooling if that's your thing.
I really like Fractal myself, actually I almost ordered the define R4 before this stopped me.

http://www.pcper.com/files/imagecache/a ... C_0825.jpg

Im still waiting for it to be released on newegg lol

chzel

27 Oct 2015, 00:28

I've got the Define R4 and it's a great case. Really nice to work in and I like the "monolith" look.

andrewjoy

27 Oct 2015, 00:41

I have an R4 and a S

Use the R4 as a server

Smoothers

27 Oct 2015, 01:20

Ive been a fan of guilleguillaume & Madhias's setups, which made me quite partial Lian Li. That sort of high end home appliance look Lian Li has is very cool. But I cant quite commit to the high price tag and no window life :/

andrewjoy

27 Oct 2015, 10:34

I had some lian li cases back in the beige box days. They are very good and look nice but for the most part they have not kept up with the times with cable management and flexibility and so on.

I have the original PC60USB ( when USB on the front was a new thing) and a later PC 7FW. Both look so cool, are very well made and are worth the money in my opinion. There modern smaller HTPC and mini itx stuff is loverly and works very well. The larger stuff now is not for me, they have come and long way from when apple stole the design for the mac pro from the PC-V1020

gmjhowe

28 Oct 2015, 22:35

So, its been a while since I last posted here (3 years or so). I happily settled on my AEKii Modified and managed to escape for a while. However now I am back in my pursuit for a little more desk space and an arrangement to fit around my wacom.

I figured where better place to start than to post my latest desktop shot. Enjoy.
gmjdesk.jpg
gmjdesk.jpg (431.84 KiB) Viewed 5811 times
(yes, I have some modifiers on order!)

Muirium
µ

21 Dec 2015, 20:24

I'm on holiday.
Muirium wrote: Here's my current setup…

Not quite what I have at home, but wherever there's an HHKB, I'm good!
I do miss my 4k display. If I stand too long at this setup, looking down at the screen, I crick my neck. Laptop ergonomics don't much suit me.

cookie

23 Dec 2015, 15:22

The HHKB suits apple products quite well, what a shame that apple never came up with a propper mouse :(

Muirium
µ

23 Dec 2015, 15:37

I could use any mouse. The Magic Mouse is my favourite of all. The killer feature is touch scrolling — I always loathed click wheels — which Apple does with momentum, in much the same way on the mouse and trackpad, and quite like the iPhone and iPad too. Consistency!

Also, I'm a fingertip gripper. Big palm mice get a thumbs down from me. There are definitely people who like the Magic Mouse but can't stand the size, as they want a mouse they can rest their hand on. But for me it's essentially perfect. I don't even rest my hands on my keyboard, why would I lean on a mouse!

andrewjoy

23 Dec 2015, 16:09

Small update to my work setup , NEW MONITORS! Nothing amazing BENQ IPS displays 1080p but fully calibrated thanks to the Spyder 5 ELITE.
new monitors.jpg
new monitors.jpg (939.96 KiB) Viewed 5544 times
Anyone who has experience calibrating monitors ? I left all the settings as default so its as close to sRBG as possible but the White Luminance is recommended to be at 120 and thats just too low imo. And thats with the Spyder measuring ambient light. Not bad tho about 98% of the sRBG on some cheap 90 quid monitors , not bad at all.

mr_a500

31 Dec 2015, 00:03

My desktop is getting closer and closer to this every day:
copper_cdc_sa_2_68.jpg

seebart

31 Dec 2015, 00:06

mr_a500 wrote: My desktop is getting closer and closer to this every day:
Awesome. :mrgreen: That display might me slightly impractical though. But I like the looks of it. ;)

mr_a500

31 Dec 2015, 00:10

Impractical? What do you mean? It worked for Spock:
Spock.jpg

seebart

31 Dec 2015, 00:17

You might want to try something a little more "modern" then:
LCARS2.jpg
LCARS2.jpg (102.66 KiB) Viewed 5413 times

mr_a500

31 Dec 2015, 00:25

Nah, too modern.

mr_a500

31 Dec 2015, 15:01

I know this is the "Post your desktop" thread, not "Post any desktop you can find", but I've got nowhere to post this... ad from 1970:
sylvania_dm_4_70.jpg
It looks like one of the smallest keyboards of the 70's - and the terminal is only $5000. What a deal.

I don't know how he's typing on it with no wires though.

Return to “Gallery”