Price Check: How much is my _____ worth?

Ray

14 Mar 2016, 19:30

It is a Model M. Hardly anyone wants a 122 Model M. And it has a terminal connector, so it needs work to be used.
Probably only worth the caps. Since it looks clean 30 bucks might be a bit high, but not much.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

14 Mar 2016, 19:35

Why does no one want the M122 model M's? Did I just waste my time bolt modding one? I plan to sell it but no one seems interested. :)

Chyros

14 Mar 2016, 22:11

Redmaus wrote: Why does no one want the M122 model M's? Did I just waste my time bolt modding one? I plan to sell it but no one seems interested. :)
It's probably better to either get a normal Model M or an F122, I'm guessing.

fohat
Elder Messenger

14 Mar 2016, 22:54

Redmaus wrote: Why does no one want the M122 model M's? Did I just waste my time bolt modding one? I plan to sell it but no one seems interested. :)
Ezrahilyer was doing a brisk business in them about 1-2 years ago at about the $125 (shipped domestic) price point.

He was adding internal Teensy and standard USB-B socket for removable cable.
Probably ANSI mod as well, but I can't remember all the details.

emdude
Model M Apologist

14 Mar 2016, 22:58

I imagine it has to do KRO, I think the consumer Model Ms are optimized around the modifiers while the terminal Ms are not.

Also, how much would a restored and bolt-modded (with screws) Model M go for? One whose steel back plate was corroded to a degree but sanded down and painted with clear enamel paint? How about one without a paint job?

Recalling the discussion about pricing berserkfan's own mods, I imagine that pricing mods in general is pretty difficult though.

fohat
Elder Messenger

14 Mar 2016, 23:11

emdude wrote:
Also, how much would a restored and bolt-modded (with screws) Model M go for? One whose steel back plate was corroded to a degree but sanded down and painted with clear enamel paint? How about one without a paint job?
I have sold several bolt-modded (standard) Ms and once got something like $135 for one but most of the rest went in the $50-$75 range. Honestly, I don't think that you can count on doing much better than breaking even. I suspect that people who want a bolt-modded M want to do it themselves.

I have also done a (very) few mod jobs for people who sent me keyboards and also did those in the $60-$120 range but it is hardly worth it for an M. But it is worth spending big bucks to get an F the way you want it.

Look at Phosphorglow's marketplace and assume that you will get at least 20% less than his prices, because he is a recognized "artiste" with a loyal following.

emdude
Model M Apologist

14 Mar 2016, 23:23

Hm, well a quick look at Phosphorglow's shop and he would sell a standard 1391401 (if one were in stock) for $135 as well!

I'm not looking to charge a great deal of money for the mods either, 90, maybe 100 or so dollars. 50-75 does sound rather low though..
Last edited by emdude on 14 Mar 2016, 23:26, edited 1 time in total.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

14 Mar 2016, 23:24

fohat wrote:
Ezrahilyer was doing a brisk business in them about 1-2 years ago at about the $125 (shipped domestic) price point.

He was adding internal Teensy and standard USB-B socket for removable cable.
Probably ANSI mod as well, but I can't remember all the details.
Mine is ANSI modded, the only thing I don't have it a USB-B cable. Mine is also the nicer models with Model F like cases and useful feet.

fohat
Elder Messenger

15 Mar 2016, 00:09

Frankly I would say that the 1st-gen ones with 2-stage feet are more valuable as case donors for F-122s than anything else.

bubblebobbler

15 Mar 2016, 16:11

speaking of F122s - I haven't seen an F122 on ebay or anywhere really recently; is $100 + shipping still a reasonable estimate?

fohat
Elder Messenger

15 Mar 2016, 21:32

bubblebobbler wrote: speaking of F122s - I haven't seen an F122 on ebay or anywhere really recently; is $100 + shipping still a reasonable estimate?
I have noticed that, too. In fact, with all the hubbub over ellipse's project, F-122 has not been mentioned anywhere for a while.

Personally, I would like for the prices to go up because I might sell one if I could get a good price for it.

bubblebobbler

15 Mar 2016, 22:15

fohat wrote:
bubblebobbler wrote: speaking of F122s - I haven't seen an F122 on ebay or anywhere really recently; is $100 + shipping still a reasonable estimate?
I have noticed that, too. In fact, with all the hubbub over ellipse's project, F-122 has not been mentioned anywhere for a while.

Personally, I would like for the prices to go up because I might sell one if I could get a good price for it.

I'm the opposite. I had one for $130 + shipping and was told that wasn't too good of a price, so I ended up no going for it

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

16 Mar 2016, 00:23

How much for a WYSE WY-60 with MX Blacks on average?

effectiveduck

16 Mar 2016, 09:43

What's a GMK Cyrillic (Base + Winkeyless + HHKB) set worth? No wear or shine.

Also how much would I be expected to pay for an OG Cherry Dyesub set? Just trying to get an idea.

effectiveduck

16 Mar 2016, 09:53

Also vintage mx blacks?

kbdfr
The Tiproman

16 Mar 2016, 11:05

effectiveduck wrote: […] how much would I be expected to pay for an OG Cherry Dyesub set? Just trying to get an idea.
Highly depends on national layout.

effectiveduck

16 Mar 2016, 11:06

kbdfr wrote:
effectiveduck wrote: […] how much would I be expected to pay for an OG Cherry Dyesub set? Just trying to get an idea.
Highly depends on national layout.
ANSI

shreebles
Finally 60%

16 Mar 2016, 12:32

R.I.P. your wallet :lol:

andrewjoy

16 Mar 2016, 12:46

fohat wrote:

I use two daily one in work and one at home if i am not in game mode. The 122 will never die , its the best " price per performance" for lack of a better phrase.

Cheap ( in comparison) almost ISO layout easy adapted to almost ANSI, num pad, nav block, 24 F keys and a block of keys on the left for macros/ media controls.

Its the go to Model F for the masses.

shreebles
Finally 60%

16 Mar 2016, 12:49

Cons: It's huge, has a weird arrow layout, you need a controller, and you need to actually find one, so it's hardly "for the masses".

fohat
Elder Messenger

16 Mar 2016, 13:01

shreebles wrote: Cons: It's huge, has a weird arrow layout, you need a controller, and you need to actually find one, so it's hardly "for the masses".
It is huge. I consider the weight to be a positive, because having a rock-solid base makes the pressing of the keys easier and more precise.

Having a "full-T" arrow cluster instead instead of an "inverted-T" is unconventional, but if you make center also a down arrow, then your fingers can keep their muscle memory.

Alternate layouts, ANSI/ISO, secret keys, are all trivial if you are taking it apart anyway. A "converter" is sufficient and easier than a controller, and you can get a clean ready-made one from Orihalcon for $40 or build your own with a Chinese knock-ff for $5.

bubblebobbler

16 Mar 2016, 16:12

so, would $100-$120 + shipping still be a reasonable estimate?

fohat
Elder Messenger

16 Mar 2016, 20:08

bubblebobbler wrote: so, would $100-$120 + shipping still be a reasonable estimate?
You are buying? Personally, I would consider that quite fair, but prices are all over. Literally, half that or twice that.

Last fall the market was glutted, recently they seem to be scarce again.

Contact Cindy at elecplus, she might be able to help you out.

the big aristotle

18 Mar 2016, 14:54

Looking to get rid of my Filco w/ blacks and get either a Realforce or a HHKB. How much am I going to have to pay to upgrade?

I was originally going to stick with it because Miami Nights but we all know how that turned out.
http://i.imgur.com/WHtxRBK.jpg

nafsasp

20 Mar 2016, 00:49

What's a fair price for a Filco Minila (non-Bluetooth) with Cherry MX Blue in US/ANSI layout? Original Keycaps in great shape because I had granite on this most of the time I owned it.

alh84001
v.001

22 Mar 2016, 14:47

How much would I need to shell out for black Dell AT101W/AT102W in Europe? I suppose AT101 is rarer here.

(I have this setup on my desk with three black dell monitors, and my OCD is kicking in)

HzFaq

22 Mar 2016, 14:51

Last few black 102w's I've seen on ebay have gone for around £25-30.

rddm

25 Mar 2016, 02:25

how much for a g81-30xx SAD?

prava

26 Mar 2016, 16:47

Hi there!

I have a couple of NIB G80-2551HAD. Yup, they are completely and utterly new. How much would their price be? I'm running out of place and things that I do not use need to go.

Thanks!

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

26 Mar 2016, 17:22

rddm wrote: how much for a g81-30xx SAD?
Really depends on condition.

Return to “Marketplace Help”