wobbled

19 Jul 2017, 10:25

A magician would order more and sell them to the peasants to keep us happy :(

Scottex

19 Jul 2017, 11:06

We need more stickers over here!!

cookie

19 Jul 2017, 15:16

As I said, as soon as I have the Time I will do another GB will happen this year for sure!

wobbled

19 Jul 2017, 16:42

Why not release the order numbers so someone else can host the GB?

ShivaYash

21 Jul 2017, 19:46

I NEED a sticker

wobbled

21 Jul 2017, 19:51

ShivaYash wrote: I NEED a sticker
We all do, I have no idea why Cookie refuses to release order numbers so we can buy them ourselves.

cookie

21 Jul 2017, 20:17

Your naive way of thinking reminds me of a young child, if it were that easy I'd already hosted another one. Sadly it's not. You have to learn some patience...

wobbled

21 Jul 2017, 22:57

cookie wrote: Your naive way of thinking reminds me of a young child, if it were that easy I'd already hosted another one. Sadly it's not. You have to learn some patience...
So why isn't it easy? Just ask for a repeat run and offer a decent sum of money. Job done. Never meant to be offensive in my past comment by the way, I just thought you were entirely capable of doing another run when you said you wouldn't reveal your secrets

Anyway!

Found a couple stickers for sale on another website, not sure how trustworthy this is but I'll post anyway.

https://mehkee.com/products/hhkb-metall ... 2546832015

Trev

22 Jul 2017, 04:43

wobbled wrote:
Found a couple stickers for sale on another website, not sure how trustworthy this is but I'll post anyway.

I've seen these on keyboards, they look really cheap. Not the same level of detail.

subcat

22 Jul 2017, 05:11

Trev wrote:
wobbled wrote:

I've seen these on keyboards, they look really cheap. Not the same level of detail.
They are the same, just without the coloured accents.

Trev

22 Jul 2017, 09:02

subcat wrote: They are the same, just without the coloured accents.
Not the ones I've seen in person (which seemed to be the same as these). Thicker outlines + deeper sticker material. It made "Professional" look more smeared together. The Gold is a different colour too.

subcat

22 Jul 2017, 10:10

Trev wrote:
Not the ones I've seen in person (which seemed to be the same as these). Thicker outlines + deeper sticker material. It made "Professional" look more smeared together. The Gold is a different colour too.
That's strange, I have both. Assuming these are the ones sold on taobao, i don't notice a difference.

wobbled

22 Jul 2017, 16:52

Meh I bought one of the silver ones to use until we have another group buy. Wish I joined this forum sooner, I've missed out on a lot of good shit!

TofuNaut

11 Aug 2017, 13:37

Trev wrote:
I can confirm, ordered some from mehkee and the quality does not match. The whole "Professional" part is just one sticker where all letters are fused together. I ended up only using the HHKB logo part, which looks fine for now.

Would love another group buy for the good stickers though!

Trev

13 Aug 2017, 02:55

Happy someone else could confirm that not all HHKB stickers seem to be created equally :)

wobbled

13 Aug 2017, 14:05

Honestly the quality of the stickers is perfectly fine, not sure what the problem is. Like subcat said, they just lack the coloured accents.

subcat

13 Aug 2017, 14:27

TofuNaut wrote:
Trev wrote:
I can confirm, ordered some from mehkee and the quality does not match. The whole "Professional" part is just one sticker where all letters are fused together. I ended up only using the HHKB logo part, which looks fine for now.

Would love another group buy for the good stickers though!
Very strange. I echo wobbled's sentiments, the ones I have (from taobao) are definitely 100% the same construction and quality wise, just without the colored accents. Oh well.

OPIV

18 Aug 2017, 10:02

These ones appear to look like the real deal like the ones from this GB and not the cheap Taobao ones. I wonder if they are from the same source as this GB. https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/com ... _stickers/

cookie

18 Aug 2017, 11:33

My resource is a guy from Korea, with not the best english. No order number, no formular, no nothing.
Communication is a big issue, all the money transfer and order placement is also very difficult and time consuming. Not to mention all the communication with participants, interest checks and dealing with dudes who change orders on a regular basis. Plus packaging and sending them out to the people. It all takes time, time I don't have currently. I work up to 14h a day right now and impatient dudes like wobbled really offend me. If it were that easy I'd already run another GB.

It was me who discovered the stickers in the Korean keyboard community and brought them to you guys with ZERO interest. I didn't earn a cent. And now I get shit for not having time? I wanted to contribute something to the community and make people happy, that's all.

I really wonder what this community has become.

subcat

18 Aug 2017, 11:44

I apologise if my comments regarding the ones on taobao matching the Korean ones in terms of construction offended you cookie, that wasn't my intention. I have a lot of respect for you and this GB, it was handled really well and I won't forget you allowing me to keep the additional sticker that ended up with me. It sits on the board I am typing this on. I hope your schedule works itself out in the near future.

cookie

18 Aug 2017, 12:14

Nah subcat, don't be silly. You absolutely did not offend me in any way.

wobbled

18 Aug 2017, 15:57

cookie wrote: My resource is a guy from Korea, with not the best english. No order number, no formular, no nothing.
Communication is a big issue, all the money transfer and order placement is also very difficult and time consuming. Not to mention all the communication with participants, interest checks and dealing with dudes who change orders on a regular basis. Plus packaging and sending them out to the people. It all takes time, time I don't have currently. I work up to 14h a day right now and impatient dudes like wobbled really offend me. If it were that easy I'd already run another GB.

It was me who discovered the stickers in the Korean keyboard community and brought them to you guys with ZERO interest. I didn't earn a cent. And now I get shit for not having time? I wanted to contribute something to the community and make people happy, that's all.

I really wonder what this community has become.
You've never once mentioned how much of a pain in the ass this specific group buy was to run so excuse me for assuming it was easy. I already apologised and said I never meant to offend you so there's no need to call me out for being impatient. Honestly if you had gave me a proper reply when I first asked you politely I wouldn't have continued. You've got no one to blame but yourself.

cookie

18 Aug 2017, 18:59

I believe GH is a much nicer place for you... why don't you go there?

Alps Suck

18 Aug 2017, 19:21

cookie wrote: I believe GH is a much nicer place for you... why don't you go there?
Its still called GH? I thought it got renamed to https://ctrlalt.io/index.php :D

wobbled

18 Aug 2017, 20:28

cookie wrote: I believe GH is a much nicer place for you... why don't you go there?
You were the one unable to answer a question properly in a civilized manner, and you insisted on ignoring my apology and continued to be a dick towards me. I genuinely did not mean to offend you or annoy you, but you weren't answering a simple question and you made it seem like you did not want to share information rather than being unable to share it which is why I was being persistent.

When you say things like 'a magician never shows his secrets' to me that read as you being unwilling not unable to share order numbers / contact info to the creator of the stickers.'

There is absolutely no need for this argument, you're acting a bit immature mate... I've said I was sorry and I said I did not mean to offend you, if you still feel like crying then go ahead but that's not my problem.
perhaps its you that should go to Geekhack? You think because you've been here since 2011 that you're somehow more entitled to be on this forum than me? I don't see you contributing by becoming a club member, all you're doing is ignoring genuine apologies and continuing arguments that do not need to be had. It's not people like me ruining this forum, it's people like you that can't answer simple bloody questions then proceed to call people out when they are persistent. I am done with your child-like behavior.

cookie

19 Aug 2017, 23:39

Feel free to leave then, you won't be missed that's for sure.

wobbled

20 Aug 2017, 01:31

cookie wrote: Feel free to leave then, you won't be missed that's for sure.
Coming from you that means absolutely nothing LOL. Maybe you should take some time away so you can grow up?

JP!

20 Aug 2017, 01:37

abandon.jpg
abandon.jpg (57.65 KiB) Viewed 10995 times

wobbled

20 Aug 2017, 01:42

JP! wrote:
abandon.jpg
Right? It went to shit but that's not exactly my fault. I apologised a long time back for if I came across as impatient, the only reason I was being persistent was because he provided no explanation as to why he couldn't host another group buy, if he had told me it was because he had no time and releasing order numbers was simply not possible that would've been the end of it. After it seemed like the dust had settled he decides to call me out for something I had already apologised for and says I insult him. He must have the metal age of a toddler if he got so offended. He shouldn't host GB's if he can't handle being asked simple fucking questions.

Return to “Group buys”