Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

zslane

23 Feb 2018, 20:32

GriffDeLaGriff wrote: Doesnt it work to use the DHL number on DHLs website, and then switch to USPS after its entered USA?
Yes.
But if you have a DHL-tracking number then you should be able to get really good iformation from the DHL site?
Not in my experience.

rominronin

23 Feb 2018, 22:31

What do you SA fans all think of /dev/tty - round 2 currently on massdrop?

mecano

23 Feb 2018, 23:57

oh really very nice, but PBT…
dye sublimated… hence no white legends.

mecano

24 Feb 2018, 00:09

7bit what's in HONEYG/CURSORBASE6/GREY and HONEYG/CURSORBASE7/GREY ?

Luna
Alt255

24 Feb 2018, 00:24

Should anyone have some of the keys below, please let me know as well:
Enter key 225U Row 3 - blue
Backspace Key 200u Row 1 - violet
Delete key 100U Row 2 - violet
4 cursor keys 100U Row 3 - blue or violet (letters, not symbols)
Shift 100U Row 3 or 4 - grey
Shift 200U Row 3 or 4 - grey

j0d1

24 Feb 2018, 00:26

rominronin wrote: What do you SA fans all think of /dev/tty - round 2 currently on massdrop?
I love /dev/tty ! They are my first PBT set and the grainy texture feels awesome. Now add on top Hi-Profile, where each keycap has well defined edges, and you have a very pleasing, unique and refreshing experience.

Luna
Alt255

24 Feb 2018, 00:35

Are you guys talking about this one?

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x ... rer=BNVE32

Good quality, thickness and nice looking in your opinion?

Laser
emacs -nw

24 Feb 2018, 00:42

Yes and yes, see this thread and maybe use the "Spy" forum function ;)
Last edited by Laser on 24 Feb 2018, 00:45, edited 1 time in total.

82d28a

24 Feb 2018, 00:44

It’s disappointing that they don’t have row 3. So in my book it is not fully sculpted rows equal to SA with appropriate rows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laser
emacs -nw

24 Feb 2018, 00:55

It's by design, and it does not want to be equal to SA (it's better :P ) .. the angles are all different.

Luna
Alt255

24 Feb 2018, 01:06

Laser wrote: Yes and yes, see this thread and maybe use the "Spy" forum function ;)
Thanks!
Found it in the spy function as wellnow I know what I'm looking for.
I'm pretty ignorant about keycaps and the terminology though, I see these caps are sometimes called Hi-Pro, sometimes /dev/tty and no idea what that's all about. Then there's the Mt3 in the name...

I know a bit about profiles, rows and the keysizes I need, enough to place an order for a specific keyboard but the rest is still Latin to me. ;)

zslane

24 Feb 2018, 01:18

If by "row 3" you mean a flat, non-angled row profile, MT3 has it but it's called row 5. I use row 5 for my bottom row modifiers and spacebar.

mecano

24 Feb 2018, 01:26

Luna wrote: Are you guys talking about this one?

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x ... rer=BNVE32

Good quality, thickness and nice looking in your opinion?
Are you getting discounts with such a long url :shock: ?
that part looks pretty useless :

Code: Select all

utm_campaign=Transactional%3A%20Joined%20Drop&utm_source=SparkPost&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Transactional%3A%20Joined%20Drop&utm_content=1519405392652.453423140181511182568565&referer=BNVE32

Luna
Alt255

24 Feb 2018, 01:30

I wish!
I just copied the url from the browser, was glad it got shortened here. ;)

Edit: hmm, and now I get a shorter one. Must have followed a link from the thread here to get to it just then.

mecano

24 Feb 2018, 10:18

Luna wrote: I wish!
I just copied the url from the browser, was glad it got shortened here. ;)

Edit: hmm, and now I get a shorter one. Must have followed a link from the thread here to get to it just then.
Well it does get shortened at display and it doesn't in reality, this BNVE32 *referer* is making "golden bollocks" ( ← idiomatic french expression ).

Clean url for the lazy ones : https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x ... keycap-set

Luna
Alt255

24 Feb 2018, 10:28

Thank goodness we have “friendly ones” to help us lazy ones out!

82d28a

24 Feb 2018, 15:41

zslane wrote:If by "row 3" you mean a flat, non-angled row profile, MT3 has it but it's called row 5. I use row 5 for my bottom row modifiers and spacebar.
Just my opinion but by Row 3 I meant asdf row needs to be flat, like Mt3 Row 5. Also I am pointing it out so that new folks notice the difference between Signature Plastics and MT3.

Laser
emacs -nw

24 Feb 2018, 15:47

Yes but, it doesn't "need" to be flat, again, since this is by design. You won't be able to mix and match with SA anyway, since the MT3 keycaps have also different texture, different concavity and so on (PBT instead of ABS). The idea, if I got it well, is to emulate old keyboard curved surface on todays flat keyboard's surface, keeping in mind that the keyboard will also be placed at a small angle (so the R3 will be "flat" in that it will be parallel to the ground surface when the keyboard is raised).

Now, if you have compelling reasons to have the profile altered, you could try to convince Matt3o in his thread :)

zslane

24 Feb 2018, 18:25

Yeah, the idea behind MT3 is to provide a modern, dye-sub PBT spin on the acclaimed IBM "beamspring" keycap family. Beamsprings did not have a flat home row, and so neither does MT3. As someone who adores SA keycaps and who types on them every day on my daily driver (at work), I can honestly say that I don't really notice that the MT3 home row isn't flat like SA row 3. The difference in dishing alone completely masks the very subtle angle differences between the two keycap families.

mecano

24 Feb 2018, 19:21

PBT will make your beloved make out with Pauly Shore and give you fingers cancer.
Give us bakelite!

82d28a

24 Feb 2018, 22:14

Laser wrote:Yes but, it doesn't "need" to be flat, again, since this is by design. You won't be able to mix and match with SA anyway, since the MT3 keycaps have also different texture, different concavity and so on (PBT instead of ABS). The idea, if I got it well, is to emulate old keyboard curved surface on todays flat keyboard's surface, keeping in mind that the keyboard will also be placed at a small angle (so the R3 will be "flat" in that it will be parallel to the ground surface when the keyboard is raised).

Now, if you have compelling reasons to have the profile altered, you could try to convince Matt3o in his thread :)
I am pointing out the differences between the two key sets. Thanks for the info though. And no I am no planning to convince anyone of anything here. I am sure others do that well enough here.

mecano

24 Feb 2018, 22:47

mecano wrote: 7bit what's in HONEYG/CURSORBASE6/GREY and HONEYG/CURSORBASE7/GREY ?
any R3 delete in these?

green-squid

24 Feb 2018, 22:53

Why does everybody keep commenting on this thread? What's all the fuzz about?

mecano

24 Feb 2018, 22:54

You tell me as you just did!

vinnycordeiro

25 Feb 2018, 03:32

green-squid wrote: Why does everybody keep commenting on this thread? What's all the fuzz about?
Because 7bit already have all the keycaps and has started shipping them?

green-squid

25 Feb 2018, 08:15

vinnycordeiro wrote:
green-squid wrote: Why does everybody keep commenting on this thread? What's all the fuzz about?
Because 7bit already have all the keycaps and has started shipping them?
okay! It was just weird at first that such an old post keeps showing up

caligo

25 Feb 2018, 08:31

Four plus years isn't that long for a group buy really, the thing is not even old enough to vote yet. :ugeek:

Come back in 2031 and read comments about Round 6 phase sigma, maybe browse the leftovers. By then everyone else will just jack into their computers with a fiberoptic brain cable, cyberpunk style. Us poor souls waiting for Honeywell themed SA keycaps will be the last of a dying breed, holding on to our rusty Pokers and Filcos in the hope that one day really soon we will finally get our hands on those precious caps.

Dingster

25 Feb 2018, 12:53

caligo wrote: Four plus years isn't that long for a group buy really, the thing is not even old enough to vote yet. :ugeek:

Come back in 2031 and read comments about Round 6 phase sigma, maybe browse the leftovers. By then everyone else will just jack into their computers with a fiberoptic brain cable, cyberpunk style. Us poor souls waiting for Honeywell themed SA keycaps will be the last of a dying breed, holding on to our rusty Pokers and Filcos in the hope that one day really soon we will finally get our hands on those precious caps.
The future seems dark :|

caligo

25 Feb 2018, 13:38

Dingster wrote: The future seems dark :|

R6 customers waiting for 7bot to hand out its blessings. Noone knows who these lost souls once were. Now all they crave is caps.

Dingster

25 Feb 2018, 13:44

caligo wrote:
Dingster wrote: The future seems dark :|

R6 customers waiting for 7bot to hand out its blessings. Noone knows who these lost souls once were. Now all they crave is caps.
1 cap = 1 prayer :cry:

Return to “Group buys”