Krytox GPL 200 [All have finally arrived]

pasph

21 Mar 2013, 15:19

Arrived
paid €12,33 :(

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

21 Mar 2013, 15:35

Well that sucks... That's higher than rindorbrot at 8.56€ by quite a bit.

Mintberryminuscrunch, Icarium, and Acanthophis still need to give confirmation of receipt.

mintberryminuscrunch

21 Mar 2013, 17:50

Nothing yet.

Trev

21 Mar 2013, 21:58

Was tempted, but then saw the price. Is it that good? :)

Icarium

26 Mar 2013, 10:26

Finally picked mine up today. Last day until they would have sent it back. ;)
Apparently the guy at the Zollamt was in a generous mood because after discussions about how much of those $59 were shipping and some handwaving he just gave it to me VAT free. :D

Trev

26 Mar 2013, 10:29

Icarium wrote:Finally picked mine up today. Last day until they would have sent it back. ;)
Apparently the guy at the Zollamt was in a generous mood because after discussions about how much of those $59 were shipping and some handwaving he just gave it to me VAT free. :D
That sounds like an incredibly frustrating system. I can't believe they just hold your packages until you show up to pay.

Icarium

26 Mar 2013, 10:33

Well, it's somewhat antiquated but if the package is properly declared it usually gets delivered and you just have to pay the mailman. They don't like the USPS forms for declaring, though. The only thing I have seen working is an extra envelope taped to the outside of the box.

Trev

26 Mar 2013, 10:38

Icarium wrote:Well, it's somewhat antiquated but if the package is properly declared it usually gets delivered and you just have to pay the mailman. They don't like the USPS forms for declaring, though. The only thing I have seen working is an extra envelope taped to the outside of the box.
They don't "like" USPS forms? that seems rather dysfunctional. Only in government :)

The Australian system is probably the best I've experienced. Anything under $1000 is tax free. Just a straightforward delivery.

Looking forward to hearing your impressions of the Krytox200. I haven't had any luck finding small quantities of it.

Icarium

26 Mar 2013, 10:44

Well, I'm not sure what their reason is but in my head they just don't like it. ;)

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

26 Mar 2013, 20:26

Mintberryminuscrunch and Acanthophis still need to give confirmation of receipt.

The next lube buy might be from a different source.

mintberryminuscrunch

26 Mar 2013, 20:38

Nothing yet :-(

Acanthophis

26 Mar 2013, 20:41

I plan on going tomorrow to my friends at der Zoll.
I'll give you an update tomorrow.

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

26 Mar 2013, 20:43

mintberryminuscrunch wrote:Nothing yet :-(
They were sent on the same day to the same country... I guess all you can do is wait.
Acanthophis wrote:I plan on going tomorrow to my friends at der Zoll.
I'll give you an update tomorrow.
Take some pics of the package.

Acanthophis

26 Mar 2013, 22:06

The_Ed wrote:Take some pics of the package.
Will do.

Acanthophis

27 Mar 2013, 13:56

Picked up my lube. The customs employees didn't even comment on the bubble mailer, they just wished me much fun with my tinker work. I doubt they made the connection between lube and this gayish envelope :D I smirked at the "Mr. Lubealot" with the mail heart icon ;)
VAT was 8,38€.

Lube itself was packaged nicely. Thanks again for this GB!

Jmneuv

27 Mar 2013, 14:14

Jesus, looking at this screaming alarm sticker makes me mad. Zoll trying hard to spoil the fun, huh?

Acanthophis

27 Mar 2013, 14:39

For our non-German speaking members, here the translation of what Jmneuv is mad about (red/yellow sticker):

Customs parcel

This parcel is to be sent only to a customs office.
Do not deliver to recipient!

Big fat warning triangle with "Information for deliverer"

Yellow box: Goods which do not fulfill the requirements of section 9 and 10 of the Treaty of Rome (Treaty establishing the European Economic Community (TEEC)). [although they use the old German term from before 1992. Vertrag zur Gründung der Europäischen Wirtschaftsgemeinschaft <=> Vertrag zur Gründung der Europäischen Gemeinschaft].

BimboBB

27 Mar 2013, 14:59

Okay, so now we know that sending a pink bubble mailer with weird "code name" on it, is the most contra-productive way to go. At least in terms of "how can i avoid highwaymen in uniforms".

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

28 Mar 2013, 07:20

I hate being sick...

mintberryminuscrunch is the only one who hasn't received his yet. inlikeflynn will 'eventually' pick up his and Halverson's.

mintberryminuscrunch

28 Mar 2013, 09:45

Don't know why, but a shipment of teensy is also taking its time. Maybe they just have a lot to process...

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

04 Apr 2013, 09:10

Is there still nothing mintberryminuscrunch? It seems odd that everyone else in Germany has received theirs...

mintberryminuscrunch

04 Apr 2013, 12:11

Guess it's the obligatory one that takes some extra routes... :rolll:

emk2203

05 Apr 2013, 19:05

Trev wrote:
Icarium wrote:Well, it's somewhat antiquated but if the package is properly declared it usually gets delivered and you just have to pay the mailman. They don't like the USPS forms for declaring, though. The only thing I have seen working is an extra envelope taped to the outside of the box.
They don't "like" USPS forms? that seems rather dysfunctional. Only in government :)

The Australian system is probably the best I've experienced. Anything under $1000 is tax free. Just a straightforward delivery.

Looking forward to hearing your impressions of the Krytox200. I haven't had any luck finding small quantities of it.
The real difference is that you are allowed AU$1000, in Germany it's only € 22 maximum for import tax duty-free.

So they treat everything as something which needs to be taxed. And they know that practically everybody tries to cheat, so the USPS forms (or similar) are considered as a joke. Either you have a correct invoice taped to the package, like Icarium said, or you have to supply a catalogue or internet printout with the price. Even with an invoice, proof of payment is often required to see that it matches the invoice amount.

I don't blame them, it's the lawmakers' fault to set such a ridiculuously low limit. I deal with customs a couple of times per year, and they do what they can to make it bearable.

emk2203

05 Apr 2013, 19:10

The_Ed wrote:Is there still nothing mintberryminuscrunch? It seems odd that everyone else in Germany has received theirs...
I am a little late to the party - there's probably no chance of getting in on this sweet deal, is it? I would like some Krytox GPL 200 myself...

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

05 Apr 2013, 21:30

There will be a second round eventually when I have time. And all 16 krytox oils and greases will be available. I just don't have the time to organize it for a while...

inlikeflynn

05 Apr 2013, 22:46

emk2203 wrote:
The_Ed wrote:Is there still nothing mintberryminuscrunch? It seems odd that everyone else in Germany has received theirs...
I am a little late to the party - there's probably no chance of getting in on this sweet deal, is it? I would like some Krytox GPL 200 myself...
If Ed wants to ship you mine which I haven't picked up yet, you can buy it. I'm going to sell it anyways someday when I get mine & shark's picked up from him

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

06 Apr 2013, 02:45

You're going to sell yours?... But you haven't even tried it yet...

So... Who pays who/what now?... Does he pay me for shipping and you for the tube?

emk2203

09 Apr 2013, 15:36

inlikeflynn wrote:
emk2203 wrote:
If Ed wants to ship you mine which I haven't picked up yet, you can buy it. I'm going to sell it anyways someday when I get mine & shark's picked up from him
Sorry for not answering earlier, some urgent RL issues distracting me from keyboards... ;)

I got PM'ed from within Germany for some, that might work better since international shipping is always a PITA. Thanks for the offer though, if the other deal falls through, I come back to you!

Trev

16 Apr 2013, 11:48

Anyone tried this stuff and can report back? :)

BimboBB

16 Apr 2013, 12:44

I didnt had chance to try it yet. I am also interested in more feedback. Till now only negative one from Ed who "destroyed" the click of his clicky switches. But honestly, how can this happen? I thought the 200 is less thick than 205. Why is the 200 eating the click, and on the other side people are satisfied with the 205?

Return to “Group buys”