[IC] GMK HADapter Kit This is the IC, Link to GB Inside!

Shihatsu

11 May 2016, 21:19

Should be Arrow imho. I deactivate CapsLock as soon as I can and turn it into a second Shift, so an arrow makes more sense ;)

Dra

11 May 2016, 21:37

If it would include tab and the ] square bracket key i would be able to convert my NCR set into a real ANSI cherry doubleshot set :)

I'm interested tho

Wodan
ISO Advocate

12 May 2016, 19:42

Got some more feedback from GMK. Those guys are amazing, offered to create that #' key I came up with ;)

Check the main post for first price quotes!

faxe
5711 4 life

12 May 2016, 20:10

Nice one! Very much looking forward to this!

kbdfr
The Tiproman

12 May 2016, 20:50

Would it be possible to insert in the opening post a mockup showing which keys, and with which actual legend, are to be contained, so we can see at a glance what we are to expect?

And Wodan, thanks for your efforts. I had been considering doing that myself but never had the guts :mrgreen:

As to feedback: French keyboards have a "Control" legend on the Control key,
only a "shift arrow" symbol on the Shift keys,
and only a padlock symbol (sometimes ridiculously referred to as "handbag") on the CapsLock key.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

12 May 2016, 21:07

Thanks ALOT for the feedback!

GMK offered to create a markup in 1-2 weeks, will post it here asap. But I'll see what i can do in the mean time ;)

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

12 May 2016, 21:26

Imo the lock symbol is better and what about my suggestion of the delete key?
2016-05-10 16_23_35-Keyboard Layout Editor.jpg
2016-05-10 16_23_35-Keyboard Layout Editor.jpg (21.01 KiB) Viewed 12133 times

ideus

12 May 2016, 21:39

Dra wrote: If it would include tab and the ] square bracket key i would be able to convert my NCR set into a real ANSI cherry doubleshot set :)

I'm interested tho
If you feel venturous and have steady hands you can always file the hat sides off the ] key to make it a 1u key cap. By the way, if you do not have any use for the set, I would be very happy to buy it. :roll:

Wodan
ISO Advocate

12 May 2016, 21:43

Hm the delete key is only part of specialty ANSI layouts, mostly HHKB layout replicas. I am not aware of any retail Cherry MX keyboards that use this key.

Please keep in mind my goal is to make an adapter kit for the most common things you could be doing with a Cherry HAD keycap set and I wouldn't want to add a key twice. The #' 1.5u R2 key would be a real novelty and help bring ISO keycaps to ANSI keyboards...

NEW NEW NEW Markup added to the main post! I know it's fuuuuuuugly

Nuum

12 May 2016, 22:09

+1 for a 1.5u delete and a R1 ‘#, so we can make a German HHKB Layout.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

12 May 2016, 22:35

Hm ... well I'm open to adding another set to the GB. If you can put together the keys required for a HadHKB I can ask for a quote. I will not be able to support the MOQ of this set in the same way as the HADapter kit.

Phenix
-p

12 May 2016, 22:53

Another +1 for 1. 5u/#caps

typos due to my touch screen are possible

scottc

13 May 2016, 01:00

Awesome deal. I'm in at €22.

Halvar

13 May 2016, 08:16

Great set! My only real worry about this is that the colors might not match. I don't expect a 100% match, because that's probably not possible, but it shouldn't be blatantly obvious. If someone has a cap in GMK's beige color (U9) and could take some photos together with beige Cherry caps, that would be extremely reassuring to me.

Also: which of GMK's whites is the right one?

WNovizar

13 May 2016, 08:38

I will probably bought one set of these, perfect to match my ISO G80-2550 Keycaps I got recently

Wodan
ISO Advocate

13 May 2016, 08:40

The colors will be the original Cherry ABS colors used for the vintage keycaps. Only the effects of yellowing might give you a color offset. It will all be in the renders once GMK has made them.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

13 May 2016, 10:23

Halvar wrote: […] I don't expect a 100% match, because that's probably not possible, but it shouldn't be blatantly obvious. If someone has a cap in GMK's beige color (U9) and could take some photos together with beige Cherry caps, that would be extremely reassuring to me. […]
Would also be extremely interested in new GMK (U9, apparently) against vintage Cherry caps together on the same photos.

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

13 May 2016, 10:35

I waited this GB for so long! But finally ended up getting original Cherry 1.25u keycaps. :mrgreen:

Stabilized

13 May 2016, 10:42

This is just what I am after, after realising that RGB mods are just not for me.

HzFaq

13 May 2016, 11:18

I'd be in for a set for sure at that price.

Edit - also super interested in a R3 Control :D.
Last edited by HzFaq on 13 May 2016, 12:43, edited 1 time in total.

Prelim

13 May 2016, 12:06

I'm also /in for that price, vote for handbag capslock ;)

btw, is there any chance to include 1u windows caps also? people always try to get these as well, but only IMSTO produced some in profile A (black dyesub on beige)
Spoiler:
I might have a couple of friends interested in this, so I'll spread the info!
Last edited by Prelim on 13 May 2016, 12:27, edited 1 time in total.

kekstee

13 May 2016, 12:26

I have two problems with Cherry sets: no modern bottom row and no HHKB support. This set looks like it might solve both issues and I am definately in. I don't know which problem the 1u Bksp solves though, I'd prefer it in the Tab-width R3 version.

Using HAD on anything is nice as well :)
Last edited by kekstee on 13 May 2016, 12:36, edited 1 time in total.

VERGiL

13 May 2016, 12:31

Considering adding an alternate non-stepped Capslock key with "Control" legend
CAPS LOCK icon: Lock-Symbol or upside-down shift arrow?
1. Don't need it, but others may do.
2. Would prefer upside-down shift arrow.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

13 May 2016, 13:10

@ramnes: You can never have enough of them ;)

@HzFaq: All signs currently point to the "handbag" lock symbol. I might offer the R3 Control key individually. I am interested in them but ... I have to stick to my own principles here, no duplicate keys and always pick the legend that is most commonly used. Waiting for a reply from GMK for single-key pricing. This could also be part of an ISO-HHKB Adapter kit ...
Althought I would rater design it as an Infinity-60% Adapter kit.

@prelim: those keys were recently available as a kit in this gb
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=80942.0
I do not plan to add any keys to this kit, we're currently perfectly aiming for the 25€ retail price point that I was hoping to achieve.

@ kekstee: The 1u backspace is for support of split-backspace layouts. This key might actually be replaced by a R1 #-key.

Zylkan

13 May 2016, 13:19

I guess I'm in as well!

guk
1896 Vintage Reds

13 May 2016, 13:36

In, would prefer a downward arrow for caps but handbag would be fine, too.

need

13 May 2016, 13:41

Sorry for being ignorant, but what does the downward arrow represent?

I'd like to have the control key as an addition.

Muirium
µ

13 May 2016, 13:45

Downward arrow (inverted Shift symbol) is a common German symbol for Caps Lock. I also prefer it over the handbag / lock icon. If by a little.

Control legend is my preference overall. An addition for that really helps for both HHKB purposes and those of us who dump Caps Lock in general.

Prelim

13 May 2016, 13:52

handbag / padlock is the most used ISO icon (present in many EU layouts suck as italian, french, polish etc) while down arrow is only used in DE layout. Since this GB will be run ansi users as well, I think the handbag will be preferred by most people ;)

the legend capslock is also very common in Cherry ISO boards (UK, portuguese, spanish, nordic etc) and it's my 2nd favorite.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

13 May 2016, 14:07

Okay handbag it is.

I am considering a "HadHKB Adapter Kit" built around a R3 Control key and the R2 Delete key often requested.
This kit could include the German and British #-keys in R1 profile. I have to check with GMK if that required new molds or can be done with the existing molds for the R3 keys.
Trying to keep the costs down here again, wouldn't want to start recreating a HHKB bottom row. The target board for this kit would be the Infinity 60% Standard Layout. Let me know what you think.

Return to “Marketplace Help”