Black Futaba switch/Help me to identify this

PlacaFromHell

21 Oct 2017, 19:55

Hello again guys! Some months ago I bought a completly fried Dilox japanese calculator. I decided to use their switches on a custom numpad and my father asked me for desolder them by her own, because he like this kind of things. I got some realy nice linear Futabas but, my first alarm sounded when I discovered that where ML and also with a non-cruciform slider.
But this went deeper, I got THIS REALLY WEIRD THING.
Spoiler:
Yes it is, a black Futaba.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
The feel is pretty much the same, but sound a bit more scrachy.

As a bonus one picture of My Televideo TS 803's switches
Spoiler:

Daniel Beardsmore

21 Oct 2017, 22:09

Futaba used two keycap mounts: cross and bar. The bar mount has that notch in it. You can see bar mount ML here:

http://www.epartshub.com/company/compan ... =SR0002189

Yours both have correct mould numbers and appear to be real.

I have what seem to be clones of both the black and white ones, since they have distinctly different mould numbering.

Don't take them apart for comparison unless you don't mind destroying them, as they tend to break when you open them up.

PlacaFromHell

21 Oct 2017, 22:27

Daniel Beardsmore wrote: Futaba used two keycap mounts: cross and bar. The bar mount has that notch in it. You can see bar mount ML here:

http://www.epartshub.com/company/compan ... =SR0002189

Yours both have correct mould numbers and appear to be real.

I have what seem to be clones of both the black and white ones, since they have distinctly different mould numbering.

Don't take them apart for comparison unless you don't mind destroying them, as they tend to break when you open them up.
Unfortunately the page isn't loading. I notice they where those switches in particular when I opened one. By the way, I wouln't open the black one.

Daniel Beardsmore

21 Oct 2017, 22:42

This is the image:
ML88 image from ePartshub
ML88 image from ePartshub
00001257-ML88.jpg (24.99 KiB) Viewed 1761 times
Futaba colours remain a complete mystery.

PlacaFromHell

22 Oct 2017, 02:34

Daniel Beardsmore wrote: This is the image:

Futaba colours remain a complete mystery.
I found some weird variations on the internet, but no one has a black slider. I think this is just wrong.

Daniel Beardsmore

22 Oct 2017, 02:45

I just looked at my clone black switch — it has no mould numbers at all. My clone white switch is marked "A-48" but the writing is in the opposite corner.

Yours appears to have standard Futaba mould numbering, but I'd need to see a much sharper and better lit image to examine it fully.

Futaba colours are a mystery. For example, here's black-black-white MR-6C:

photos-f62/futaba-mr-bar-mount-t17082.html

PlacaFromHell

22 Oct 2017, 21:26

Daniel Beardsmore wrote: I just looked at my clone black switch — it has no mould numbers at all. My clone white switch is marked "A-48" but the writing is in the opposite corner.

Yours appears to have standard Futaba mould numbering, but I'd need to see a much sharper and better lit image to examine it fully.

Futaba colours are a mystery. For example, here's black-black-white MR-6C:

photos-f62/futaba-mr-bar-mount-t17082.html
Unfortunately, I have a potato camera. I would be hunting some stuff in this days, maybe we can found some other variations and add them to the wiki. I already found some unknown stuff that I would post later.

Return to “Keyboards”