Bondwell laptop boards with Cherry MX Pale Blues?

TheMilkmen

24 Jan 2018, 00:53

Hey everyone, pretty darn new here and im really curious about some bondwell laptop boards that i found while scouring the interwebs. When looking at them i assumed that they might just end up being Cherry Dark Blues or something, but it seems that they have Pale Blues, which strikes me as odd. Is this really those Pale Blues or is it just some knock off? Thanks guys!

rich1051414

24 Jan 2018, 01:01

Pale blues are kailh switches, and technically are knock offs, but they are in high demand right now.

Daniel Beardsmore

24 Jan 2018, 01:05

No, he means [wiki]Cherry MX Pale Blue[/wiki] — if the Bondwell machines have both Pale and Dark Blue, it certainly raises an interesting question about the significance of the colours. Dark Blue and Pale Blue are still very poorly understood; mine are non-click like MX White (and as with MX White, I can't see why), but that's not always the case.

Dark/Pale Blue throws up questions about any relationship with [wiki]Aristotle Yellow[/wiki] (i.e. the idea of putting a fake stem into a real switch) which is itself getting more confusing … but my Dark Blue switches seem to be real and I have some kind of Pale Blue from a real Cherry keyboard.

TheMilkmen

24 Jan 2018, 01:28

yeah i couldnt tell it from anything other than thisImage

Return to “Keyboards”