Plum new 21-key white numpad 35g capacitive PBT cap

Menuhin

17 Aug 2017, 20:10

I had a PLUM 84 with 35g domes. The key feel was nice but it was so light that I made a lot of mistake and took 1-2 days to adjust to the light presses. I eventually swap in the Korean 55g dome sheet with some trimming creative art work, and it feels much better - but still a dab lighter in feel to my original HHKB (45g Topre). I did like the keyboard a lot - with the PBT caps, but eventually sold it because I want to mainly use keyboards that have split-backspace, i.e. HHKB layout. Since then I am still looking forward to acquiring another PLUM again.

I don't believe you can hurt the fingers so much - just look at the those older people who used IBM keyboards back in the old days and those used Cherry black switches and Cherry white switches. What I think is recent generations of computer users are used to those chiclet keyboards on laptops that weight very light and have very short travel distance. 35g is to make things lighter and perhaps similar to those light key feels. But let's get real, 35g feels even lighter than Cherry MX red.

InvidiousIgnoramus

29 Aug 2017, 12:11

Hmm, how much do dome sheets cost again? I'd like one of these but 45g is too light.

The older the board, the better it is.

mech greenhand

29 Aug 2017, 15:27

There are only 35g and 45g versions...

InvidiousIgnoramus

02 Sep 2017, 12:14

mech greenhand wrote:There are only 35g and 45g versions...
Aye, but you can order 55g domes for them.

The older the board, the better it is.

Return to “Keyboards”