some more ergonomic keyboards

webwit
Wild Duck

30 Mar 2013, 14:53

The Omnikey is the best of those!

hoggy

30 Mar 2013, 15:03

Agreed. It's the hired muscle of keyboards.

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

30 Mar 2013, 16:27

What do you think of that Whitefish? Or whatever the black motorized one is called.

hoggy

30 Mar 2013, 17:38

It's a great idea - offers a good range of adjustment. The keys don't feel all that great (but there's much worse out there).
I'd be happy if it was manually adjustable (rather than the motor) and maybe a tweak of the layout.

I need to take it into work and use it for a few days to get a good feel for it...

adrien239

30 Mar 2013, 18:01

I have 2 Smartboard Datadesk and one comletely new if your're interested

hoggy

30 Mar 2013, 18:07

Yes, please! They are one my wishlist.

adrien239

30 Mar 2013, 18:13

I bought 2 because I thought it was my «last» keyboard but after I discovered the
3D Maltron and it is mine now...

adrien239

30 Mar 2013, 18:16

and do you know this one?

sordna

30 Mar 2013, 20:03

hoggy, all the keyboards in your photo have the staggering, with columns on both hands leaning to the left. It really messes up the split keyboard concept and is especially horrible on vertical keyboards. Try putting 2 maltron's or Kinesis vertically and you'll see how much better it is than the Safetype. I could immediately type at my full WPM with my "vertical" kinesis setup (used 2 kinesis and duct tape). I only took it down because it obstructed my view :-) I plan to do a vertical keyboard with the ErgoDox, which is really ideal.

pheo

02 Apr 2013, 08:56

adrien239 wrote:I bought 2 because I thought it was my «last» keyboard but after I discovered the
3D Maltron and it is mine now...

Sorry to disturb, @Adrien239 but I am courious about that 3 rows of keys behind the keyboards, is that a custom keyboard with specific actions you made? Can I see more about it somewhere? Thanks.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

02 Apr 2013, 09:38

pheo wrote:[…] Sorry to disturb, @Adrien239 but I am courious about that 3 rows of keys behind the keyboards, is that a custom keyboard with specific actions you made? Can I see more about it somewhere? Thanks.
Obviously six (!) X-keys Sticks:
http://www.piengineering.com/xkeys/xk16stick.php

adrien239

02 Apr 2013, 19:31

you have the answer now ;)

hoggy

02 Apr 2013, 19:54

Adrien239 - that's some setup!

Sordna - I agree with you on the safetype - it's really not a nice keyboard. I wonder if we can persuade Maltron to make a vertical keyboard...?

pheo

03 Apr 2013, 18:59

kbdfr wrote:
pheo wrote:[…] Sorry to disturb, @Adrien239 but I am courious about that 3 rows of keys behind the keyboards, is that a custom keyboard with specific actions you made? Can I see more about it somewhere? Thanks.
Obviously six (!) X-keys Sticks:
http://www.piengineering.com/xkeys/xk16stick.php
Thank you very much. I didnt know these sticks.

pheo

03 Apr 2013, 19:00

adrien239 wrote:you have the answer now ;)
Why do you need so many different keys? what purpose are you using them?

adrien239

05 Apr 2013, 14:47

for work... all macros

sordna

05 Apr 2013, 16:14

hoggy wrote:Adrien239 - that's some setup!

Sordna - I agree with you on the safetype - it's really not a nice keyboard. I wonder if we can persuade Maltron to make a vertical keyboard...?
Dunno, but now that you got your Ergodox, you can use it vertically. Hope to see it in that photo with your collection soon!

Icarium

05 Apr 2013, 19:44

I want all keyboards that do some sort of splitting but keep the original staggering (which has the same purpose) to be disqualified. :p

hoggy

19 Dec 2013, 13:39

...and another

hoggy

24 Feb 2015, 14:12

From Top left, working clockwise
Cherry MX5000
Kinesis Advantage
Ergodox (with stands from Kurplop)

Microsoft Sculpt
Matias Ergo Pro
Unitek Diverge

and in the middle - Atreus

(I forgot the ergodox was in the last one...)

Edit: sorry, I'll rotate the picture this evening. Apologies for the sore neck.

HzFaq

24 Feb 2015, 14:18

The Atreus looks interesting, I didn't think the Matias Ergo was released yet either, looks pretty nice.

I'll try and get some of mine posted tonight, nothing stand out really but I have an MX5000, an Ergodox, Apple Adjustable and (I'm not sure if this counts as ergonomic) a sym stagger Blue Pill.

hoggy

24 Feb 2015, 14:25

Blue Pill looks good! I'd say it counts.

Ergo Pro - the first batch from Matias started to arrive last week.

HzFaq

24 Feb 2015, 14:43

I've got the Blue Pill up and running but it isn't in a case and the firmware doesn't have any FN layers so it isn't 100% usable yet but I'm working on it...I'll get some photos up this evening, it's pretty nice to type on.

First impressions on the Ergo Pro?

Mal-2

24 Feb 2015, 14:49

hoggy wrote: Ergodox (with stands from Kurplop)
And in Dvorak, no less. I'd like to take that one for a spin.

hoggy

24 Feb 2015, 21:42

First impressions, so far so good, still getting used to it. The switches feel quite nice. Feels very sturdy and oozes quality.

Muirium
µ

24 Feb 2015, 21:47

That's what I want to hear. I'll pick one up from Matias in April and it's coming back to Europe for a tour. There will be a thread for sign-ups like 002's Realforce tour.

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

24 Feb 2015, 21:48

And still, no M15. :D

What is your overall favorite?

hoggy

25 Feb 2015, 13:54

Yeah, the M15 is a serious gap in the collection, along with the Filco Stealth and the Fingerworks Touchstream.

The kinesis is the one with the most finger time, I guess that makes it my favourite.

When I posted the first picture in this thread, my hobby was collecting old ergonomic keyboards, now it's shifted to collecting new ergonomic keyboards. I hope the trend continues.

Return to “Gallery”