Thrift store find: Wang branded Acer 6011

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

12 Jan 2017, 22:25

Paid a whopping 2$ for this guy. switches are in amazing condition, some of the cleanest white alps Ive had, just this side of NOS. Also, never seen one of these branded wang. Is this typical, or is this a new find? anyway, here's my potato pictures of it.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

12 Jan 2017, 22:34

$2 very well invested, I don't think I've ever seen one of these here.

Daniel Beardsmore

12 Jan 2017, 22:43

The focus on that last picture makes the Wang logo look superimposed. I don't think I've ever seen a Wang-branded Acer either.

That's always been my favourite design of Acer case.

ohaimark
Kingpin

12 Jan 2017, 22:53

I agree with all of the above. It's a slim, well thought out design.

Chyros

13 Jan 2017, 00:54

I agree as well. I find tons of Acer keyboards, but never a Wang one. And yes, I also agree that's the best case design, looks very classic and elegant. Very nice find for sure!

Mattr567

13 Jan 2017, 04:16

Nice, never seen a Wang one. It seems after their own keyboards they started to rebrand others, like the Model M. This must be another one of those type deals.

Harshmallow

13 Jan 2017, 05:08

All of these comments are cracking me up - 'Never seen a wang before!' Heheh...so I'm still a child obviously. :)

Wodan
ISO Advocate

13 Jan 2017, 08:58

Harshmallow wrote: All of these comments are cracking me up - 'Never seen a wang before!' Heheh...so I'm still a child obviously. :)
I think there was a "Show me your Wang" thread somewhere:

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

13 Jan 2017, 09:56

Wodan wrote:
Harshmallow wrote: All of these comments are cracking me up - 'Never seen a wang before!' Heheh...so I'm still a child obviously. :)
I think there was a "Show me your Wang" thread somewhere:
:o Just a bit hardcore Wodan? :lol:

@mike52787

If you don't mind I'll add this to our wiki, I might need a few more pictures from you.

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

13 Jan 2017, 16:05

seebart wrote:
@mike52787

If you don't mind I'll add this to our wiki, I might need a few more pictures from you.

Absolutely! I'm always willing to help spread the information I find. Let me know what you want to see on it, and Ill snap some pictures.

jerue

14 Jan 2017, 00:54

nice get, the keycaps could net you a nice return :lol:

I like that you found a board with clean switches, half of the alps boards I've used have had dirty switches and that really taints the experience. At least this wang isn't tainted... :P

Return to “Gallery”