[Two Interest Checks] Universal Spacebars + Novelty Keys

RColinTaylor

23 Oct 2011, 02:23

I figured I would bring this set of group buys over to Deskthority because, well, this website loves keyboards too.

Currently I am working on two group buys, both very different from one another, on Geekhack.

The first of which is a special design for a Spacebar that has the stems to support both Filco and Leopold stabilizer placement. I have already worked out the design with SP and they have begun working on putting it into production on their end. As we stand now it is about four weeks until orders can be placed and after that another four weeks for orders to be shipped. White, Black, and MAYBE Dolch gray are in the works. The official interest check for that can be found at: http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?2298 ... lor-Input). Feel free to express any thoughts on the project/give input here.

The second is a larger buy for a fair amount of the 'novelty' caps found in 7bit's GB3/GB4. As we stand right now I have sent in a larger email to Melissa at SP about the final logistics behind the buy. After that I will finalize the prices and designs included and open up the orders at probably the same time as the spacebars (make it simple for customers of both). Included in the buy will be keys like the Starwars set (still pending on whether we will have modifiers to go with the traditional esc keys), the 'Awesome Face' and 'LOD', and the 'Jolly Roger' and 'Japan' designs. Currently we are floating around ~10 caps with the expected price being $5. The official interest check is located at: http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?2313 ... ted-Oct21). Any comments/feedback, as before, can be done here or in the GH thread. Any opinions/interest is always appreciated.

The timeframe for these buys is as follows: 2-3 more weeks for interest checks/finalizing/publicity, 2-3 weeks of receiving orders, one week for payments, and then a month for production. The goal I have in my mind is to be shipping the final product out to the buyers by January 1st. :D Thank you for your time!

Return to “Group buys”