[IC] Alps mount 1.25u Row 4 blanks by Signature Plastics

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

01 Jul 2016, 19:35

Who here would be interested in picking up some Alps mount 1.25u Row 4 blank key caps by Signature Plastics? They don’t currently exist but they can be made.

I’ve been doing a couple of Alps projects recently with converting KBparadise V60 and V80 boards to other switches. I’ve put Salmon Alps (and Apple PBT dye subs) on the V60, and Blue Alps (with WoB ABS doubleshots) on the V80. I’m also in the habit of printing front legends using a P-Touch labeler for any keys that need them.

There are a bunch of really great Alps key sets out there! SGI boards even have some really great PBT dye subs that are mostly ANSI compatible. The trouble is always that pesky bottom row.

Signature Plastics already offers an ABS Alps mount 6.25u Space bar in gray (color code GTL). It is here: http://pimpmykeyboard.com/dcs-alps-moun ... pack-of-1/.

So: let’s make some blank 1.25u key caps to match those Space bars!

Pricing is about $2 a key cap. I would sell them in packs of seven (enough to replace a bottom row). I think I could do $20 shipped a set. If I have, say, 20 or so people who are interested, I’ll make this happen.

Thoughts welcome!

scottc

01 Jul 2016, 19:58

They can't do Alps-mount stabilisers, which is of no use to me unfortunately. Otherwise I might be more interested.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

01 Jul 2016, 20:11

True. The Space bars that I have use Cherry style stabilizer mounts and work great with Costar style stabilizers. A 1.25u key of course won't need any stabilization. This is really for folks who want more options for switch mods on newer Alps mount boards.

I guess I could always buy an Olivette set just for that bottom row but this seems somewhat wasteful. 1.25u bottom row Alps mount caps simply are not very common to begin with. Option, on an M0115 or M3501, is the only one I know of.

bubblebobbler

01 Jul 2016, 22:09

I'd be interested, but I'm EU

if there were enough interested from EU, someone (I?) could act as a 'proxy' and we could split the postage costs that way to lower the impact

Return to “Group buys”