Magitronic keyboards

elecplus

21 Jul 2016, 00:16

Does anyone know if these were mechanical or not? I am working a deal for some old kbds, and one of these is included.
IMG_5022.jpg
IMG_5022.jpg (78.41 KiB) Viewed 2378 times
IMG_5020.JPG
IMG_5020.JPG (77.94 KiB) Viewed 2374 times
IMG_5018.JPG
IMG_5018.JPG (77.86 KiB) Viewed 2374 times
Other than the 2 IBMs, anything worth while?
Last edited by elecplus on 21 Jul 2016, 00:22, edited 1 time in total.

scottc

21 Jul 2016, 00:20

Bottom one has caps that look distinctly space-invader-y to me, but I might be wrong. The arrows on the shifts look very close though.

rootwyrm

21 Jul 2016, 03:02

Oh wow. Um. Actually, most of those are good finds. Magitronic was an OEM out of Norcross, fairly big one. I did business with them.

The Magitronic up top is possibly a Unitek rebrand - Alps. DEFINITELY XT/286 era, tho. The one beneath it looks like it's possibly Space Invaders, but other folks know those far better than I do.
Second picture, all good stuff of course.
Third picture, middle is definitely an FK-2000/FK-2001 debrand. Common and still not terrible but god that terrible layout. The top one is probably an NTC - they copied the M case so well I have a hard time telling them apart sometimes, but the 1U backspace gives it away. The bottom one though? I'd bet Alps or clone - that's literally the only thing I've ever seen with that very particularly annoying layout.

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

25 Jul 2016, 01:02

The top board in the 2nd picture is a Power User 105 ADB keyboard, a aek clone with SKCM whites. I agree about the 2nd board in the first pic looking like it may have space invaders, probably black clicky ones.

Findecanor

25 Jul 2016, 01:30

mike52787 wrote: The top board in the 2nd picture is a Power User 105 ADB keyboard
Nope. That is a AppleDesign keyboard - one of the varieties with 1u Alt/Option keys. You can identify it by the steps on the left and right sides behind the function key row. If you look for it, you could also see that they are wider in the front than in the back.
The Ortek Mac-105/PowerUser 105 had "big-ass" Return keys and would not lay as flat on that table because they sloped much and were quite high in the back.

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

25 Jul 2016, 01:32

Findecanor wrote:
mike52787 wrote: The top board in the 2nd picture is a Power User 105 ADB keyboard
Nope. That is a AppleDesign keyboard - one of the varieties with 1u Alt/Option keys. You can identify it by the steps on the left and right sides behind the function key row.
The Ortek Mac-105/PowerUser 105 had "big-ass" Return keys and would not lay as flat on that table because they sloped much and were quite high in the back.
Well, I guess I was wrong, I only really looked at the bottom row. My power user 105 had 1u alt keys. Isnt the appledesign board rubberdome?

Wingpad

25 Jul 2016, 13:49

mike52787 wrote: Well, I guess I was wrong, I only really looked at the bottom row. My power user 105 had 1u alt keys. Isnt the appledesign board rubberdome?
Yeah, I had like four of them before I chucked 'em. I saved the caps from one of them because the alphas are alps-compatible. While the mods have alps stems, they use a really weird stabilization method that's actually affixed to the "rim" of the cap and not via "pegs" (my stabilization lingo is weak, I hope that made sense). Just by feeling and weight alone, I am willing to gander they are ABS, and thin ABS at that. No idea what I'll use them for.

Return to “Keyboards”