Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

SL89

26 Aug 2016, 23:41

If anyone has extras of some of the base sets, or wants someone to take over their order for them. Hit me up! :mrgreen:

This is the 2nd Round that i've managed to be late for, despite being around for... ugh... :cry:

Edit:

7bit is there plans for a proper space cadet keyboard btw to go with the monster set? :geek:

Thumper
knock knock

27 Aug 2016, 11:54

As far as i saw, there are no Base sets available, am i right?

eddible

27 Aug 2016, 13:29

Thumper wrote:As far as i saw, there are no Base sets available, am i right?
Depends what you want to cover. There's still white alphas and grey mods available on the wiki page for a 60%.

Thumper
knock knock

27 Aug 2016, 13:31

eddible wrote:
Depends what you want to cover. There's still white alphas and grey mods available on the wiki page for a 60%.
How long would the shipping time be?

eddible

27 Aug 2016, 13:46

Thumper wrote:
eddible wrote:
How long would the shipping time be?
Those sets (IIRC) are part of Phase 2 so the original estimate for production finishing was October. However, just recently the production schedule was altered and it is currently being rescheduled. Based on other people's experience of previous rounds, I'd expect to receive them early next year. I have ordered the white alphas and grey mods plus a few other bits so I'm in the same boat.

gaedol

27 Aug 2016, 16:05

IIUC orders in round 6 are still being produced. So, can I change my order (and then pay for the difference)?

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk

7bit

27 Aug 2016, 16:50

SL89 wrote: If anyone has extras of some of the base sets, or wants someone to take over their order for them. Hit me up! :mrgreen:

This is the 2nd Round that i've managed to be late for, despite being around for... ugh... :cry:

Edit:

7bit is there plans for a proper space cadet keyboard btw to go with the monster set? :geek:
I need some funds to do the mount plates for those Hyper keyboards and also for the PCB of the Hyper7.
My plan is to have the parts ready within this year.
:cool:

If only more people from the Euro-zone would order those key caps ...
:roll:

Phenix
-p

27 Aug 2016, 23:17

no base sets left, or?
Would need at least a Full TKL ISO Set

7bit

27 Aug 2016, 23:59

HONEYB/ALPHA/E/WHITE
price: $65

HONEYB/SIXTYBASE/GREY
price: $55

HONEYB/INTER/WHITE
price: $39

HONEYB/UK/WHITE
price: $9

HONEYB/ISO/WHITE
price: $16

HONEYB/ISO/GREY

HONEYB/MODBASE150/GREY
price: $12

HONEYB/CURSORBASE/GREY

HONEYB/CURSORS/GREY

HONEYB/NUMNUM/GREY
price: $21

HONEYB/NUMOP/WHITE
price: $19

HONEYB/F1TOF12/GREY

HONEYB/SPACE625/WHITE
price: $5

HONEYB/SPACE625/GREY
price: $5

HONEYB/SPACE700/WHITE
price: $7

HONEYB/SPACE700/GREY
price: $7

kurtle107

28 Aug 2016, 05:57

7bit wrote: No, currently all are sold out. But when the keys arrive, there might be some extras available ...
if the key arrive and got wxtra the alpha cream kit please let me got chance to buy it bro :D :D :D :D

7bit

28 Aug 2016, 09:29

Yes, but:

Google Wallet or PayPal collector wanted!!!
----> :cool: -----------------------------------------> :mad:

gaedol

28 Aug 2016, 10:10

I'll reoffer myself for PayPal....

Wodan
ISO Advocate

28 Aug 2016, 10:21

gaedol wrote: I'll reoffer myself for PayPal....

You need a US bank account to qualify for this ... At least the least time I heard.

And please configure your tapatalk app to remove this crappy ad from your posts.

gaedol

28 Aug 2016, 10:22

Oh shoot, then I am out.
Is the ad gone?

Thumper
knock knock

28 Aug 2016, 10:29

gaedol wrote:Oh shoot, then I am out.
Is the ad gone?
Yes.

7bit

28 Aug 2016, 14:50

Yes, also you are too new in this community, how can I trust you.
:evilgeek:

Inviato dal mio Tipro utilizzando Linux!

gaedol

28 Aug 2016, 14:58

7bit wrote:Yes, also you are too new in this community, how can I trust you.
:evilgeek:

Inviato dal mio Tipro utilizzando Linux!
On that I would fully agree. I just wanted try to be useful.

:)

gaedol

28 Aug 2016, 15:00

gaedol wrote: On that I would fully agree. I just wanted try to be useful.

:)

"To try to be" ... Sorry

phinix

28 Aug 2016, 19:26

So what the hell is going on there in PMK?
Their sattus isn't teling anything solid.
Why are they waiting for dleivery details for phase 1?
WHy they still rescheduling phase 2?

gaedol

28 Aug 2016, 20:12

phinix wrote:So what the hell is going on there in PMK?
Their sattus isn't teling anything solid.
Why are they waiting for dleivery details for phase 1?
WHy they still rescheduling phase 2?
Incidentally,
Where can I find a list of what is in phase 1 and what is in phase 2? This still confuses me more than a bit...
Thanks!
(Of course the interest is: my stuff is in phase 1 or 2?) :)

pederlol

28 Aug 2016, 20:15

7bit, can I get a status on order #0052? I ordered it on 31. oct 2013 :shock:

khongthenhuvay

28 Aug 2016, 20:18

NN/WFK black on white (Round5/HONEY)
WFK/GPA white on grey (Round5/HONEY)
WFK/RAS white on red (Round5/HONEY)
WFK/NN white on black (Round5/HONEY)
WV/GD white on grey (Round4/SPH)
WV/BFP white on blue (Round4/SPH)
WV/RDE white on violet (Round4/SPH)
RDE/WV violet on white (Round4/SPH)
Round 4 color caps are in Phase 1, other in Phase 2

gaedol

28 Aug 2016, 21:46

khongthenhuvay wrote:NN/WFK black on white (Round5/HONEY)
Oh.
Crap, that means that HONEYB is all in phase 2?

Virtureal

28 Aug 2016, 23:37

gaedol wrote:
khongthenhuvay wrote:NN/WFK black on white (Round5/HONEY)
Oh.
Crap, that means that HONEYB is all in phase 2?
7bit wrote: phase 1: SPH. BLUE, CREAM, VIOLETT (in production; wrong legends are being remade)
phase 2: WHITE, GREY, RED, BLACK (will be produced in October)
:roll:
HONEYB is all of Round 6, HONEY is Round 5.

gaedol

28 Aug 2016, 23:52

Virtureal wrote:

Gotcha.
And that is scheduled for... 2017?
Where can I get this kind of info?

Thanks

Eggplant

29 Aug 2016, 01:13

Is there anyway to pay via Paypal at the moment? My current invoice says payment To: nobody.

zslane

29 Aug 2016, 01:39

gaedol wrote:
Virtureal wrote:

Gotcha.
And that is scheduled for... 2017?
Where can I get this kind of info?

Thanks
There is no firm schedule for Round 6.

There is a "status" page for Signature Plastics production, but it is nearly useless in reality. The only reason folks here consult it is because they are desperately looking for ways to ease the pain of waiting, even if the information there is ultimately misleading/inaccurate (which it almost always turns out to be in the end).

I would venture to say that if we recieve phase 1 keycaps before the end of the year it will be a minor miracle. Phase 2 will definitely be a 2017 thing; probably late summer judging from past history with production quantities this large. And I'm being extremely optimistic.

meanderingthalweg

29 Aug 2016, 01:40

Same here... Paypal is my only option

lot_lizard

29 Aug 2016, 02:28

zslane wrote: Phase 2 will definitely be a 2017 thing; probably late summer judging from past history with production quantities this large. And I'm being extremely optimistic.
I'm in for the long haul (rd-6 phase 2), but HOLY $HIT... Is SA really that inept?!? I'm fairly savvy on what it would take to double/triple/quad shot ABS plastic using standard molds (regarding row profile differences)... And upwards of 12+ months is INSANE. They have one guy running a hobby mold in his garage?!? I realize they are slightly bigger, but they are a fucking LLC. No real business is an LLC. I have a personal LLC to throw block parties with.

Someone needs to desperately seek out another manufacturer since this is typical round after round. These yahoos are the Unicomp of ABS injection molding (mom and pop with a Bootstrapped website). It doesn't have to be this painful... Really. Even if it doesn't exist today for caps, take Matt3o's M3 profile and let's invest in some equipment. I will back it substantially knowing there is demand. If there was ever a kickstarter project, it's this

I really do appreciate 7bit and the community for making this available year after year, but WOW...

zslane

29 Aug 2016, 02:56

Yes, the core of the problem is that there is only one manufacturer doing double-shot high-profile spherical keycaps.

But it isn't that they are inept or slow, per se, but that they are overwhelmed with custom keycap sets and they only have so many machines to produce them with. Everyone has to get in line, and a keyset will get bumped from their spot in line if the group buy organizer doesn't pay promptly (or completely). If there are errors during production, either because they messed up or because the designer sent incorrect graphics files, then that adds to the delay. If one of their machines goes down and needs repair (or replacement)--which actually happened recently--then that adds to the delay. If a key employee is sick or takes vacation, that can add to the delay.

The number of causes for delays are many and varied, and nearly every single one of those causes will likely affect a group buy as large as Round 6. Let's not forget that about half of this 2-year "group buy" period is just due to 7bit letting everyone request their pet keycap variations while trying to accumulate the funds necessary to secure a spot in line at SP (and eventually pay in full, which was such a vast financial undertaking that it had to be split into two distinct phases of production). And while SP is waiting for money from 7bit, lots of MassDrop group buys slip into line because MassDrop brings them a lot of business and pays in a timely manner.

There are advantages to participating in a 7bit group buy, but fast fulfillment is not one of them. Hell, even MassDrop group buys are projecting shipment of keycaps 9 months after the group buy participation period ends. That's how backed up SP is with custom keycap orders. They (and we) are a victim of their success, and while it would seem to make sense for them to buy more machines, that is a huge financial investment for them, not to mention we don't know if their plant even has room (and power capacity) for more machines and the employees to run them.

Return to “Group buys”