Hi-Profile PBT Dye-sub (the time has come)

consolation

22 Apr 2017, 03:27

Matt3o is there any chance of having some alphas made in the red colour used for Cyrillic? Since the molds are already made and, i presume, it's a question of adding a different dye to the plastic for that batch; they shouldn't make much more work for the manufacturer? It would look awesome with the triumph mods, retro yet modern... Also, that awesome star key from the Cyrillic set... can we have that in novelties or maybe replace one of the base kit blank keys with it?

ps
Also, matt3o, thank you for Hi-Profile! I was going to sell off a lot of my collection so I can get 104UG and make some kludge 87U conversion - now I only had to get sliders! Genius...

matt3o
-[°_°]-

22 Apr 2017, 08:11

the problem is with logistics and productions. Adding colors makes things more complicated. Being the first drop of a new profile we are trying to keep it simple.

We will be adding blanks in the coming days and a few keys here and there to existing kits.

Ray

22 Apr 2017, 08:29

Will you add an option to buy blanks alone, or just add some blanks to existing sets?

PS: red Transmit in novelties, pls? ;)

matt3o
-[°_°]-

22 Apr 2017, 08:48

there should be 2 blank kits. one with 1, 1.25 and 1.5 keys and one with bigger keys.

Muirium
µ

22 Apr 2017, 20:49

Beamspring me up, Matty!

lossendae

22 Apr 2017, 23:09

Hello matt3o, I'm positively excited about for the ISO FR kit.

Will it be an additional choice in the ongoing drop ?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

22 Apr 2017, 23:52

I'm doing my best with the FR kit. Tertiary legends require some time to be aligned correctly and I don't know if I can make it for round 1

Techno Trousers
100,000,000 actuations

23 Apr 2017, 01:01

Muirium wrote:Beamspring me up, Matty!

Has anyone run a colorway based on the Star Trek original series uniforms? Hmm...

lossendae

23 Apr 2017, 02:10

matt3o wrote: I'm doing my best with the FR kit. Tertiary legends require some time to be aligned correctly and I don't know if I can make it for round 1
Take your time, round 2 sounds fine to me. It would give us - the french community - more time to come close to 50 buyers.
Last edited by lossendae on 23 Apr 2017, 11:31, edited 1 time in total.

consolation

23 Apr 2017, 04:01

matt3o wrote: the problem is with logistics and productions. Adding colors makes things more complicated. Being the first drop of a new profile we are trying to keep it simple... snip...
Fair enough, consider it an option for round two, the red on grey contrasting with triumph mods would look amazing, imho... Plus, it should give round 1 buyers a chance to grab the "DLC." Thanks for all your hard work mate.

FearsomeCubedWarrior

23 Apr 2017, 10:24

What about making Cyrrilic kit even more Otaku?

If it's dye sub, you can change Return to ВВОД (literally enter) and esc to ВЫХ (short for выход, exit)

matt3o
-[°_°]-

23 Apr 2017, 10:46

FearsomeCubedWarrior wrote: What about making Cyrrilic kit even more Otaku?

If it's dye sub, you can change Return to ВВОД (literally enter) and esc to ВЫХ (short for выход, exit)
sold!

consolation

24 Apr 2017, 04:02

matt3o wrote:
FearsomeCubedWarrior wrote: What about making Cyrrilic kit even more Otaku?

sold!
Why not have secondary qwerty labels on cyrillic; I'd think that would be handy for cyrillic users, and let latin font users take the cyrillic kit for the looks? I'm guessing there are many times a you'd need latin input, even if you are using a cyrillic keyboard most of the time.

How heavy are the keys compared to SP's double shot ABS? I'm not looking for exact weights necessarily, just wondering how they would feel if you mixed them on the same board.

zslane

24 Apr 2017, 07:24

I don't think you'll want to mix MT3 with SA. Their heights and row profiles aren't shaped compatibly.

FSund

24 Apr 2017, 10:39

Just joined the drop, thanks a lot for including good international support!

Will you be documenting the changes (added keys etc.) to the different sets before the drop is finished?

FearsomeCubedWarrior

24 Apr 2017, 14:45

consolation wrote:
Why not have secondary qwerty labels on cyrillic; I'd think that would be handy for cyrillic users, and let latin font users take the cyrillic kit for the looks? I'm guessing there are many times a you'd need latin input, even if you are using a cyrillic keyboard most of the time.
I've got rubberdome IBM with primary Cyrrilic and Latin as secondary and it's ok just until the moment I accidentally look at it: it really confuses my semi-touch typing skill and I stumble. To proceed with typing I should type first few words very slow then I can type blindly until next look at keyboard. It doesn't make sense both in terms of typing experience and aesthetics: I'd prefer blanks to type on over that primary Cyrillic secondary Latin legends.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

24 Apr 2017, 19:51

I'm trying to give all who participated to the first run the following key:

where "tty0" represents of course "round 1"

DarKou

24 Apr 2017, 20:00

Excellent idea matt3o!

You're not santa cruz but... :lol:

Techno Trousers
100,000,000 actuations

24 Apr 2017, 20:10

matt3o wrote:I'm trying to give all who participated to the first run the following key:

Woohoo, a bonus! Guessing this will be for row 0?

Oblotzky

24 Apr 2017, 21:09

Hmm, any chance we could receive R2 PgUp and R3 PgDn in the Beige Extras set? 65%, 75% etc are missing out on something to put in those spots.

Also, sent you a PM a couple days ago ;)

matt3o
-[°_°]-

25 Apr 2017, 08:37

Techno Trousers wrote: Woohoo, a bonus! Guessing this will be for row 0?
yes R0
Oblotzky wrote: Hmm, any chance we could receive R2 PgUp and R3 PgDn in the Beige Extras set? 65%, 75% etc are missing out on something to put in those spots.
yes, that should be possible!

Oblotzky

25 Apr 2017, 09:01

matt3o wrote:
yes R0
Oblotzky wrote: Hmm, any chance we could receive R2 PgUp and R3 PgDn in the Beige Extras set? 65%, 75% etc are missing out on something to put in those spots.
Sweet! In for sure now :o

dux

25 Apr 2017, 13:18

A South Slavic kit would add just a few keys... We should worship one of the best european layouts...

drakche

25 Apr 2017, 13:24

dux wrote: A South Slavic kit would add just a few keys... We should worship one of the best european layouts...
Wow, a fellow south Slav.

Where are you form. And might I say, I rarely find people using ISO South Slavic to type. Most people I know use ANSI.

sachin3767

25 Apr 2017, 13:55

matt3o wrote:
yes R0
That's unfortunate. I thought there are so many custom boards out there now and many without the function row as keyboards are programmable such as the Whitefox. Would it not make more sense to put novelties such as this extra key on R1.

Petch

25 Apr 2017, 15:13

matt3o wrote:
yes R0
Will you know in the next few days if you can add the 75% support? The onyl reason I ask is because I ordered a second set for my 75% (main kit going on 1800)

I don't mean to badger, I do appreciate you trying to accommodate everyone

Sythe

26 Apr 2017, 07:09

Just saw the added kits of blanks. Plus a couple of other modifications, very nice additions.

But, is this all the added keys there are going to be?
(I'm still holding my breath for RGB/CMY tab+caps)

FearsomeCubedWarrior

26 Apr 2017, 08:31

Sythe wrote: Just saw the added kits of blanks. Plus a couple of other modifications, very nice additions.

But, is this all the added keys there are going to be?
(I'm still holding my breath for RGB/CMY tab+caps)
I don't think this is going to happen, else there will be lots of changed orders excluding basic beige/TA mods and changing them to RGB/CMY.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

26 Apr 2017, 08:32

at the very end we'll see how each kit performed. Based on that we'll evaluate what keys could be added. The set performed relatively well, but the sub-kits didn't sell that much, ie: people mainly bought the base kits.

zzuper

26 Apr 2017, 09:26

Spoiler:
matt3o wrote: I'm trying to give all who participated to the first run the following key:

Should be beige.. Just sayin!
Maybe put it to a vote : D

Return to “Workshop”