Triad Cherry G80-3314HAU

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

22 Jun 2017, 05:14

Hey guys, figured I would document a recent ebay score I got. As a vintage cherry collector I think this is a very nice addition to the collection! Sorry for the photatos, all I have is my iPhone camera!

A great looking board. Reminds me of the G80-3000 case with a pretty useless layout!

Gotta love those legends. Unfortunately most of the numpad and some of the top function row are useless as they just output scancodes for other keys on the keyboard.

Photos of the back and label.

Glorious vintage MX blacks with diodes installed topped with OG cherry doubleshots. Delicious!

With the top case off.

Bottom of the PCB

All in all this is a great vintage cherry board. The blacks feel fantastic, like the rest of my vintage black boards. Unfortunately the layout is very hard to use, and as stated before many keys are completely useless. Anyway, ignoring the issues it is a fantastic board for the collection.

taylorswiftttttt

22 Jun 2017, 05:24

removed
Last edited by taylorswiftttttt on 25 May 2022, 11:13, edited 1 time in total.

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

22 Jun 2017, 07:08

>flipped spacebar

but whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! =P

In all seriousness, nice get, dude! Board looks awesome and it's neat that it's (mostly) usable!

kbdfr
The Tiproman

22 Jun 2017, 08:08

taylorswiftttttt wrote: You should put zealios in it
Of course. And paint the case red. And put fancy coloured keycaps on it. And while you're at it, add backlighting.

Don't know why such a nice and rather unique vintage keyboard should be butchered :evil:

Wodan
ISO Advocate

22 Jun 2017, 08:17

Serial No. 595!
Really nice G80 rarity

citrojohn

22 Jun 2017, 15:33

That's a gorgeous spacebar - and I'm curious how awful that layout can really be. Does any modern custom set have a 9u spacebar??

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

25 Jun 2017, 04:51

yes, flipped spacebar memes. I know I am a disgrace... don't sue me please

Harshmallow

28 Jun 2017, 18:40

mike52787 wrote: yes, flipped spacebar memes. I know I am a disgrace... don't sue me please
I flip my spacebars like Jose Bautista flips bats - frequently.

Return to “Gallery”