Anandtech reviews the MX Board Silent

Slom

20 Sep 2017, 19:53

As best as anyone at AnandTech can recall, this is the first mechanical keyboard that we have seen to not have a metal frame/support for the switches.
:roll:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/11629/ch ... d-review/2

Khers

20 Sep 2017, 20:17

User 1 wrote:
User 2 wrote:
User 1 wrote: This keyboard is designed very similarly to my second generation DasKeyboard. In fact the internal shots are almost identical compared to the Das, even down to those stiff ribbon cables connecting the PCB switch board to the microchip board. One of the improvements they need to make is putting big strips of rubber on the bottom to prevent sliding on desks.
more the other way around...
Err no. I bought this DasKeyboard in 2005. Certainly the switches are Cherry MX Blue's but the design of the keyboard setup itself, where the control board is placed, where the cord exits the casing, and how the control board and the switch PCB board are connected, those are all design decisions.
From the comments. "User 1" made my day. :mrgreen:

Anyway, Anandtech used to be good. Parts of it still is. Their keyboard reviews, however, are not.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

20 Sep 2017, 20:56

What frustrated us is the extensive dead space inside the keyboard’s plastic body...
:lol:

Those DUMBOS need to have a look at some of our keyboards. Losers. :maverick:

Slom

20 Sep 2017, 21:15

They should have seen the living space in some of those beam springs metal bodies :D

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

20 Sep 2017, 21:47

At least they reviewed it at all, that's something. :roll:

Return to “Reviews”