Sejin Electron EAT-1010

purdobol

10 Nov 2017, 14:13

Sejin EAT-1010M2 German ISO version. Dated 1990 (mold markings). Oddity with Cyan futabas and Grey one for the spacebar. DIN connector.
Front:
Back:
Profile:
Sticker:
2 fold legs:
Led lights:
PBT caps with dye sublimated letters:
Bottom ofthe cap:
Top internals:
Closeup:
Bottom internals:
Close up:
Switchplate:
ImageImage
Closeup on grey switch:

Myoth

10 Nov 2017, 14:22

Nice keyboards !! and those caps are really really nice !

I have the same one but in ISO-FR, it is in a pity state, it was rusted and gross. I might desolder the board and handwire a TKL with those switches, they feel really good !

Glad that it's been documented a little more !

purdobol

10 Nov 2017, 15:06

Yeah the switchplate on this one also has few rust spots (from food bits probably).

The switches do feel good. Very smooth, very springy. I like the fact that they're tactile but there's little "give in" after actuation. They're very tactile yet somehow linear? (if that makes sense). Really easy to not bottom out on those. Got a feeling they're gonna be great for gaming. Need to test it more though.

Four switches lost their tactility. Well almost, tactile feel was very faint and the switch travel seemed to be shortened as well. Which would confirm the rubber undreneath bulging up with age theory. Firm press with toothpick bringed back tactility. So it's some sollution for that problem.

Funky switches.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

10 Nov 2017, 17:20

Very nice indeed, thanks for posting! These do not show up very often IMO. At least not in my "backyard"!

Myoth

10 Nov 2017, 17:23

purdobol wrote: Yeah the switchplate on this one also has few rust spots (from food bits probably).

The switches do feel good. Very smooth, very springy. I like the fact that they're tactile but there's little "give in" after actuation. They're very tactile yet somehow linear? (if that makes sense). Really easy to not bottom out on those. Got a feeling they're gonna be great for gaming. Need to test it more though.

Four switches lost their tactility. Well almost, tactile feel was very faint and the switch travel seemed to be shortened as well. Which would confirm the rubber undreneath bulging up with age theory. Firm press with toothpick bringed back tactility. So it's some sollution for that problem.

Funky switches.
Yours is tactile ? Hm, how interesting, mine is clicky. They are excellent switches, I really want to do something about them... I don't want to let them rot like that ...

purdobol

10 Nov 2017, 17:46

Clicky, sorry for the confusion :P

Personally if I pickup another board with futabas (or just the swtiches). I'll definetly do custom board out of them. SA caps from Canon typewriter (modified) + those switches. Could be fun board.

seebart

10 Nov 2017, 17:50

purdobol wrote: Clicky, sorry for the confusion :P

Personally if I pickup another board with futabas (or just the swtiches). I'll definetly do custom board out of them. SA caps from Canon typewriter (modified) + those switches. Could be fun board.
If everything goes well I 'll be getting my first board with futabas soon.

purdobol

10 Nov 2017, 17:58

seebart wrote: If everything goes well I 'll be getting my first board with futabas soon.
They're worth it, not to common but cheap. Although that may change when Chyros finally reviews the board with them :lol:

Myoth if you have the means to do it... can you check at what weight the gray switch actuates and bottoms out?

Chyros

11 Nov 2017, 00:19

purdobol wrote:
seebart wrote: If everything goes well I 'll be getting my first board with futabas soon.
They're worth it, not to common but cheap. Although that may change when Chyros finally reviews the board with them :lol:
These switches, surprisingly, are extremely conplex. Ever notice how some people love them and others don't give a shit? Well I'm closing down on it, but it's still a tricky subject. Regardless, I'll be doing at least two videos on them. Hopefully, but no guarantees of any kind, the first one will be out before the new year.

seebart

11 Nov 2017, 08:26

Chyros wrote:
purdobol wrote:
These switches, surprisingly, are extremely conplex. Ever notice how some people love them and others don't give a shit? Well I'm closing down on it, but it's still a tricky subject. Regardless, I'll be doing at least two videos on them. Hopefully, but no guarantees of any kind, the first one will be out before the new year.
Right, I'll be doing a full teardown when I get mine. Some of these slighty less known and less common switches are underrated IMO. BTC dome with slider and OKI Gourd Spring come to mind, I was positively surprised by both when I initailly treid them and there are other good ones out there that need to be showed!

Return to “Gallery”