Stuff you just bought

Scarpia

18 Dec 2017, 20:25

Laser wrote: I guess you are now eyeing Hasu's Alternative FC660C Controller ? :)
Well obviously... Actually I am more eyeing those sexy Pexon cables and Topre-stem PBT space bars.

wobbled

18 Dec 2017, 20:32

Scarpia wrote:
Laser wrote: I guess you are now eyeing Hasu's Alternative FC660C Controller ? :)
Well obviously... Actually I am more eyeing those sexy Pexon cables and Topre-stem PBT space bars.
Go for it, I'd take a nice solid cable over unreliable bluetooth with meh tier battery life any day. Plus Pexon give you haribo sweets!

I got this red cable a while ago, it's so thicc :mrgreen:
20171201_133611.jpg
20171201_133611.jpg (4.29 MiB) Viewed 5722 times

Khers

18 Dec 2017, 21:04

Given my previous experience with Pexon's products, I'd advice anyone and everyone to stay very far away from his cables crap. Rubbish in its purest form is what you get, and you pay dearly for it.

Oh, and you get told that it's your fault the cable you never touched turned up looking like shit, or was reversed with the coil at the wrong end, or broke after a month sitting still at a desk.

There are plenty other cable makers, I'd shop with them if I was in the market.

Elrick

18 Dec 2017, 23:47

Khers wrote: Given my previous experience with Pexon's products, I'd advice anyone and everyone to stay very far away from his cables crap. Rubbish in its purest form is what you get, and you pay dearly for it.

I now ONLY buy any extra cables from Lindy (ready made) if the keyboard needs an external USB connection.

Stopped buying from him about three years ago when suddenly, the same was happening to me with blame aimed right at myself for even opening the package that was received :evilgeek: .

depletedvespene

19 Dec 2017, 03:54

mecano wrote:
depletedvespene wrote: so I needed two battleships, amirite?
Go get a kvm before it gets out of hands!
Actually, I do have a Plugable™ switch laying around here... but a dual PC setup with just one monster keyboard just isn't the same, is it?

Darkshado

19 Dec 2017, 06:21

wobbled wrote: I got this red cable a while ago, it's so thicc :mrgreen:
Spoiler:
20171201_133611.jpg
A ThinkPad sticker on a TrackPoint-less keyboard? Heresy! :shock:

Back on topic... Since the thread isn't 100% keyboards I guess this would do:
Spoiler:
(redacted)
Also this:
Spoiler:
(nothing to see here, move along)
Last edited by Darkshado on 25 Dec 2017, 07:40, edited 1 time in total.

Scarpia

19 Dec 2017, 22:15

Elrick wrote:
Khers wrote: Given my previous experience with Pexon's products, I'd advice anyone and everyone to stay very far away from his cables crap. Rubbish in its purest form is what you get, and you pay dearly for it.

I now ONLY buy any extra cables from Lindy (ready made) if the keyboard needs an external USB connection.

Stopped buying from him about three years ago when suddenly, the same was happening to me with blame aimed right at myself for even opening the package that was received :evilgeek: .
Thanks for the advice guys - sounds like I dodged a bullet there.

Scarpia

19 Dec 2017, 23:29

Also, I just bought the SSK TheNacho had for sale, so now I have an 1391472 and a 1392464 SSK. I figure I'll be selling the DisplayWriter one in the not too distant future. No need hogging the SSKs and angering Arnie.
Spoiler:

alh84001
v.001

23 Dec 2017, 05:03

How much are you looking for it? :)

Scarpia

24 Dec 2017, 08:25

alh84001 I'll get back to you on that, but I'll probably be happy just to cover what I paid TheNacho (which was very reasonable, he matched the price from the recent Geekhack 40+ SSK haul). The 2464 has an LED mod which I don't love, so I may swap the top cases around, in which case I'll keep the 2464.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

08 Jan 2018, 13:47

Olivetti L1 ANK 1428, specifically dedicated to Chyros... :mrgreen:
IMG_20180108_132827.jpg
IMG_20180108_132827.jpg (936.73 KiB) Viewed 5413 times

TheNacho
delicious.

13 Jan 2018, 14:16

Just got myself a HHKB to try (at last) - one question though: When I enable switch 3 to change Del to Backspace, is there a way to get Delete to FN-Backspace? Or is the Del/Delete key lost forever when switch 3 is enabled? Thanks!

wobbled

13 Jan 2018, 23:25

it's not every day I go out and actually buy a membrane rubber dome keyboard but I have wanted one of these for years, they are probably my favourite looking keyboards ever (the white/grey one is anyway). I'll likely be using it at work or something. I wish I could somehow mod it in to a mech.
This with topre switches would totally be my dream board! :lol:
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg (116.43 KiB) Viewed 5324 times

Claraval23

14 Jan 2018, 00:15

wobbled wrote: it's not every day I go out and actually buy a membrane rubber dome keyboard but I have wanted one of these for years, they are probably my favourite looking keyboards ever (the white/grey one is anyway). I'll likely be using it at work or something. I wish I could somehow mod it in to a mech.
This with topre switches would totally be my dream board! :lol:
s-l1600 (1).jpg

This one and the logitech k120... <3 pure love <3

Brett MacK

19 Jan 2018, 00:11

I just managed to snipe a new old stock blue alps Omnikey 102 on eBay. I can't believe I just found that.
omni key.JPG
omni key.JPG (73.99 KiB) Viewed 5237 times

mecano

19 Jan 2018, 00:53

wobbled wrote: it's not every day I go out and actually buy a membrane rubber dome keyboard but I have wanted one of these for years, they are probably my favourite looking keyboards ever (the white/grey one is anyway).
Perfect Storm Trooper keyboard isn't?

Polecat

19 Jan 2018, 05:27

Brett MacK wrote: I just managed to snipe a new old stock blue alps Omnikey 102 on eBay. I can't believe I just found that.
Nice find! I can't read the "inspection" number on the ebay listing, and there's no serial number tag on this one, but there were probably more gold label Northgates with blue SKCM Alps than with white SKCM. That won't be the original box and packaging, but NOS first gen Northgates are pretty rare nevertheless.

Elrick

19 Jan 2018, 11:22

Brett MacK wrote: I just managed to snipe a new old stock blue alps Omnikey 102 on eBay. I can't believe I just found that.
Fully Jealous on this, a super fine keyboard model :mrgreen: .

Although wish it were SKCM Whites instead, simply due to loving them far more. Hope you cherish and use that keyboard forever more instead of dismembering it only for the switches.

Which seems to be common practice here on DT :( .

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

19 Jan 2018, 11:47

Elrick wrote: Which seems to be common practice here on DT :( .
Enough people here know to appreciate vintage Alps, especially in great condition like that. Conrgats on that find Brett MacK!

Brett MacK

19 Jan 2018, 12:32

Elrick wrote:
Hope you cherish and use that keyboard forever more instead of dismembering it only for the switches.

Which seems to be common practice here on DT :( .
Trust me i'm not going to be dismantling one. I can't think of a better daily driver.

pansku
Member of the Beam Spring cult

21 Jan 2018, 19:14

Apperantly Blue Alps version of Acer KB-102A exist with finnish/swedish keycaps :o Secured myself quite a deal and I'll be picking it up next week. If anyone has a flipout foot for an Acer KB-101 or KB-102 I'd like to buy it to fix the keyboard.

Elrick

23 Jan 2018, 03:44

Thought I would mention it here, just bought moments ago a NIB Focus 2001 with dust cover attached.

According to the Flebay seller, it's 'untouched' other than to open the box, to take photos. Looking forward to finally getting my hands on a beloved NIB Focus 2001.

Which has been denied from me, over so many years.

Can't believe my long time hunt for this, has finally come to an end :shock: .

Elrick

29 Jan 2018, 12:15

Actually comparing an old Focus keyboard with my just delivered MK Typist Keyboard, there's no comparison.

The newer MK Typist Keyboard is to die for. The key feel is something else, the way the switches move inside this case is amazing. Full on sturdy, no flexing at all when typing even with my bear paws pounding away, the keyboard structure is very firm and quiet.

When I type on my Focus 2001 keyboard the noises emanating from it, is mostly from the creaking within the keyboard frame, nasty like some cheapo keyboard. Although I still love my Focus line because it was my first PC keyboard used, I am now switching over to the new Kailh White Box switches.

Amazing how in 2018 there is now a product made that stands up to what we loved so much in the past, could this switch spell the end for all other tactile switches which were made?

Sorry, beginning to sound like some sort of juvenile fanboy but these White Box switches installed inside this new keyboard are really FANTASTIC :shock: .

Scarpia

29 Jan 2018, 17:39

Elrick, I get where you’re coming from.

Look, I’m a hardcore SKCM Brownie (yes that's what we like to be called ever since I came up with it just now) and so far the only other tactile switches I really enjoy both the feel and sound of, are tactile neon greens (which are basically just pigmentation challenged browns) and Topre 45s. Nothing with a Cherry construction ever made the cut until these bloody Box Whites — and they’re not even quiet, they’re clicky. They shouldn't be this good!! They're not even vintage! By all my elitist hipster snowflake Gods, how are they so good? Kailh you bastards, You're forcing me to rethink my endgame criteria. Damnit.

Elrick

30 Jan 2018, 01:11

Scarpia wrote: Elrick, I get where you’re coming from.

They shouldn't be this good!! They're not even vintage! By all my elitist hipster snowflake Gods, how are they so good? Kailh you bastards, You're forcing me to rethink my endgame criteria. Damnit.
This is what scares me to DEATH. Spending thousands of dollars buying older keyboards with White and Blue alps switches then there are Model-Ms and Fs and out of LEFT field this White Box switch appears.

I now can not tear myself away from using it. It's like I am now hooked on this keyboard like an ice addict wanting MORE pleasure in using these switches. Kailh have done something here like what "Walter White" did with his creation, obliterated his/their competitors.

Sounding like a true addict..... :(

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

01 Feb 2018, 12:34

Bought a F62 from new model F Keyboards.

gogusrl

01 Feb 2018, 13:43

A tiny router and a big ass router

rich1051414

02 Feb 2018, 04:22

Cleaning up a MTek K104.
DSC_0530.JPG
DSC_0530.JPG (1.46 MiB) Viewed 4879 times
I took a chance on this one without knowing the switch, but white alps are good, even though I was hoping for something blue :)

Polecat

02 Feb 2018, 06:42

rich1051414 wrote: Cleaning up a MTek K104.

I took a chance on this one without knowing the switch, but white alps are good, even though I was hoping for something blue :)
Nice! The Montereys tend to be overlooked, but they're very solid keyboards. I had a 104 with white SKCM as my main board for about ten years, and it was still working perfectly long after the printing wore off the caps. It literally never missed a beat in all that time. I recently found an earlier 104 with double shot caps to use as a replacement or cap donor for the first one. Personally I love the look and feel of these.

Elrick

02 Feb 2018, 11:39

rich1051414 wrote: I took a chance on this one without knowing the switch, but white alps are good, even though I was hoping for something blue :)
Nothing wrong with White Alps here.

I prefer it more than the Blues but you will always have THOSE that unfortunately think otherwise.

You have to pity them for their ignorance :lol: .

Return to “News”