NMB 113308-001 keyboard review (linear Space Invader switches)- Thomas

green-squid

03 Mar 2018, 09:19

Also Thomas, I hope I didn't drive you away from this forum after my comment :oops:

Chyros

03 Mar 2018, 11:29

green-squid wrote:
Also Thomas, I hope I didn't drive you away from this forum after my comment :oops:
Thanks for posting this, YT can schedule to upload videos but DT and GH can't of course xD .

And no, I wasn't offended at all, really. It's not the first time people told me so, and if anything, it's funny to hear that people think my opinion is so important it can actually influence a market xD .

Mech keyboards are very "in" right now, and the market is developing and more and more people are drawn to it. Prices for the stuff that's no longer made has simply increased as a result. That said, although prices have increased, so has the supply. Look at how many rare and obscure keyboards are surfacing recently! I'm sure many of them wouldn't've come out of the woodwork if it hadn't been for the increased demand for them.

Elrick

03 Mar 2018, 11:43

Chyros wrote: Look at how many rare and obscure keyboards are surfacing recently! I'm sure many of them wouldn't've come out of the woodwork if it hadn't been for the increased demand for them.
YES Chyros, you are indeed an Angel and a devious Demon, all rolled into one :evilgeek: .

green-squid

03 Mar 2018, 11:53

Chyros wrote:
green-squid wrote:
Thanks for posting this, YT can schedule to upload videos but DT and GH can't of course xD .

And no, I wasn't offended at all, really. It's not the first time people told me so, and if anything, it's funny to hear that people think my opinion is so important it can actually influence a market xD .

Mech keyboards are very "in" right now, and the market is developing and more and more people are drawn to it. Prices for the stuff that's no longer made has simply increased as a result. That said, although prices have increased, so has the supply. Look at how many rare and obscure keyboards are surfacing recently! I'm sure many of them wouldn't've come out of the woodwork if it hadn't been for the increased demand for them.
:)

Engicoder

03 Mar 2018, 22:32

There is actually a 5th generation as well.
photos-f62/nmb-rt8755c-t15952.html

Chyros

04 Mar 2018, 00:55

Engicoder wrote: There is actually a 5th generation as well.
Hmmm, interesting. That does look like it's just a different case though - is it really a different generation?

Engicoder

04 Mar 2018, 01:01

Chyros wrote:
Engicoder wrote: There is actually a 5th generation as well.
Hmmm, interesting. That does look like it's just a different case though - is it really a different generation?
The plate and PCB are also different, so I do consider it a different generation. Need to get more production date data to see if there is overlap between 4th and 5th.

Noobmaen

06 Mar 2018, 13:06

I hope this not too much to ask, but I need help finding out the pinout for this keyboard. Mine is the version which uses a detachable cable, however I bought it without cable. After determining the +5v and ground connection I couldn't get it to work even with many combinations of data and clock on the 6p6c connector. Could you do a continuity check from the coloured cables to the pins of the DIN connector? These are the colours in mine for reference: Image

Engicoder

06 Mar 2018, 14:22

I will check the one that I have with a similar connector, but I imagine that the keyboards with modular connectors like this are terminal boards and may not use the standard AT/PS2 protocol, and therefore will not work with standard converters.

Return to “Reviews”