XMIT Hall Effect - Round 2 Design Thread

rich1051414

14 Jun 2018, 04:19

I would never complain about S30V, but I understand about not getting what they asked for. S30V is a very good steel, if it is tempered properly and beefy enough. Chips easy though, and the blade profile on the pic looks thin, so that's no good.

nickg

15 Jun 2018, 16:16

XMIT wrote:
nickg wrote: Woah woah, woah. They took your design(round 2 design I assume), put a new label on it, and went back to massdrop!? If i understand right? Thats... well then. I wonder if its just massdrop theyre pushing this on or if theyre planning to try and use your work to launch a line...
This is exactly the behavior I expected from the manufacturer for sure. I'm not in the tiniest bit surprised about this. My relationship with the manufacturer was souring after their unwillingness to open up firmware or share some design specs to let me build my own firmware. To put it this way: the nails in the coffin have now been hammered in.

But I'm saddened that they circumvented me and went to Massdrop. I could see them going to another retailer or trying to go direct to market without using my name, but the fact that they went through Massdrop - and Massdrop agreed - certainly makes things more complicated.
Sorry man, that really sucks :( did they get both your r1 and r2 designs ? This is such a mess... :(

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

15 Jun 2018, 16:37

Heh. It's gratifying that the boards Ace releases without my input, look hideous. The front legends and the bezels on their new boards are, to put it kindly, not what I would offer.

Elrick

16 Jun 2018, 04:17

XMIT wrote: Heh. It's gratifying that the boards Ace releases without my input, look hideous. The front legends and the bezels on their new boards are, to put it kindly, not what I would offer.
Good, makes me missing the latest Massdrop Group Buy quite acceptable ;) .

Return to “Keyboards”