What do you plan to do with your Phantom layouts?

damorgue

15 Jul 2012, 13:36

Here is mine for now, just started playing around:
Spoiler:
Surely some of you have some interesting thoughts on layouts and ideas that I can shamelessly rip off. :P
I am also planning to use RGB Leds and have 3 potentiometers to control the color of them, perhaps even an extra one for brightness with holes on the side or bottom to be able to faster adjust them, and not have to reprogram it every time I want to turn it up or down.

damorgue

20 Jul 2012, 19:53

You guys' imaginations suck just as much as mine btw

kps

20 Jul 2012, 20:03

phantom.png
phantom.png (10.69 KiB) Viewed 1331 times

damorgue

20 Jul 2012, 20:32

Your Set Up key, what will it do?

I think I will replace volume up and down with my emails, adress and phone number. I currently have a couple of keys for that on my programmable Cherry and it is so sweet to just press a key to automagically fill a field. Also, swipe a card to enter a password , but that is out of the question with the Phantom I guess.

Findecanor

20 Jul 2012, 23:45

You can't get the fourteen F-keys with the stock plates. Only 7bit's plate has them all in a row, but that one has a different bottom row and small Return key. The plate will have to be custom-made or modified.

I have planned to use a bottom row that is 1.5-1-1.5 - 6 - 1.5-1-1-1.15 . The PCB has the switch positions, but the plate(s) will have to be modified. I got two extra plates in case I would screw up, and if I don't I could use those plates without a PCB for some custom keyboards. :)

damorgue

21 Jul 2012, 00:16

Findecanor wrote:The PCB has the switch positions, but the plate(s) will have to be modified. I got two extra plates in case I would screw up, and if I don't I could use those plates without a PCB for some custom keyboards. :)
I will most likely have some plates made for me, unless I find one for sale. I could add that if you want.

Return to “Keyboards”