Search found 660 matches

by DMA
22 Mar 2020, 21:12
Forum: Workshop
Topic: Any volunteers to loan me a dac101s101 xwhatsit for a week or two?
Replies: 0
Views: 105

Any volunteers to loan me a dac101s101 xwhatsit for a week or two?

That includes all model F or displaywriters, and beamspring rev3+ Seattle are only - no keyboards shipped to me arrived intact yet. I'll pick it up and drop back. Can temporarily swap to a TKL topre (it's not very useful tho - JIS layout.) I'm bored and it looks like rev3+ can use some improvement (...
by DMA
22 Mar 2020, 20:41
Forum: Workshop
Topic: A Smaller Xwhatsit
Replies: 102
Views: 9088

Re:

wcass wrote:
18 Apr 2016, 22:30
If you build a better controller, the (keyboard) world will beat a path to your door.
Hello from the past :)
I'm not sure it really panned out that way - but mostly.
by DMA
21 Mar 2020, 02:41
Forum: Workshop
Topic: [Done] CommonSense: matrix LCR meter with a HID interface
Replies: 565
Views: 58475

Re: [Done] CommonSense: matrix LCR meter with a HID interface

try defaults from the doc. thresholds 10 to 15, increase discharge delay to 10-15 (shorter one)
by DMA
20 Mar 2020, 14:50
Forum: Workshop
Topic: [Done] CommonSense: matrix LCR meter with a HID interface
Replies: 565
Views: 58475

Re: [Done] CommonSense: matrix LCR meter with a HID interface

OK. Looks like it's in bootloader for some reason. update fw - navigate to project dir/Compiled, find .cyacd there. It should program the device and after that it will likely boot up.

Do you by chance have the button on the kit pressed by something?
by DMA
20 Mar 2020, 03:57
Forum: Workshop
Topic: [Done] CommonSense: matrix LCR meter with a HID interface
Replies: 565
Views: 58475

Re: [Done] CommonSense: matrix LCR meter with a HID interface

Anakey wrote:
19 Mar 2020, 22:07
I am having a problem, flight controller does not see the controller board so can't connect to it connecting it from the micro usb side
Platform, screenshot of main window?
by DMA
19 Mar 2020, 03:02
Forum: Workshop
Topic: [Done] CommonSense: matrix LCR meter with a HID interface
Replies: 565
Views: 58475

Re: [Done] CommonSense: matrix LCR meter with a HID interface

given its frirst time i have used capsense This is inductive, not capacitive. This makes things much, much worse. Capacitive is walk in the park compared to inductive. You're at the edge of this hardware's capabilities. As for QMK vs FC configuration - just forget about reflashing, ever. Set number...
by DMA
18 Mar 2020, 04:08
Forum: Workshop
Topic: [Done] CommonSense: matrix LCR meter with a HID interface
Replies: 565
Views: 58475

Re: [Done] CommonSense: matrix LCR meter with a HID interface

Sorry, I don't really exist here - I'm summoned by PMs and couple topic's notifications and miss a lot of things. https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ugDl6T7qN8E/hqdefault.jpg Interesting - matrix PCB completely devoid of active components. You have BIG cojones or an access to a good desoldering tool or both, Si...
by DMA
17 Mar 2020, 06:46
Forum: Workshop
Topic: [Done] CommonSense: matrix LCR meter with a HID interface
Replies: 565
Views: 58475

Re: [Done] CommonSense: matrix LCR meter with a HID interface

You can only program from the KitProg end **once** - KitProg will fail to acquire port after programming because programming pins are reused as GPIOs. Wait, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here. :o I know that I've programmed a board several times (I make a lot of mistakes). Or am I totally misu...
by DMA
17 Mar 2020, 03:05
Forum: Workshop
Topic: [Done] CommonSense: matrix LCR meter with a HID interface
Replies: 565
Views: 58475

Re: [Done] CommonSense: matrix LCR meter with a HID interface

You can only program from the KitProg end **once** - KitProg will fail to acquire port after programming because programming pins are reused as GPIOs. This is fine - use the other end and FlightController. If you _seriously_ screw up something - USB pins can be used as programming pins, but this is ...
by DMA
16 Mar 2020, 00:05
Forum: Workshop
Topic: Beamspring Factory process - How to
Replies: 56
Views: 6142

Re: Beamspring Factory process - How to

Super, man!

Ball of springs - just get hold of one and screw it out of the ball.

What's with all the copper?
by DMA
16 Mar 2020, 00:02
Forum: Workshop
Topic: [Done] CommonSense: matrix LCR meter with a HID interface
Replies: 565
Views: 58475

Re: [Done] CommonSense: matrix LCR meter with a HID interface

If the pins are not used - you're free to leave the caps connected. The reason - I don't want them to be there, life is hard enough. Seriously tho - they significantly alter the signal. I wasn't curious enough to look how - but the possibilities to fuck up are endless there, including inadvertently ...
by DMA
04 Mar 2020, 22:55
Forum: Workshop
Topic: A Smaller Xwhatsit
Replies: 102
Views: 9088

Re: A Smaller Xwhatsit

>anyone asks for help >DMA is a bitch needlessly You hate to see it Glad to be of service! When fn is released del shouldn't be as you only send up codes when the key is actually released. Sending an up code while the key is still down isn't consistent and certainly not how it is done with soarers,...
by DMA
04 Mar 2020, 18:56
Forum: Workshop
Topic: A Smaller Xwhatsit
Replies: 102
Views: 9088

Re: A Smaller Xwhatsit

On the HHKB: If I press Fn and then ` and keep them pressed, it keeps Del pressed. When I then release Fn but keep ` pressed, it keeps registering Del's. This is incorrect behavior. _conceptually_ incorrect behavior. The correct behavior on Fn up would be to release the Del, and out of courtesy not...
by DMA
29 Feb 2020, 02:29
Forum: Workshop
Topic: Let's create the FSSK/FEXT = DONE !!!!
Replies: 685
Views: 49044

Re: Let's create the FSSK/FEXT = DONE !!!!

i$ please double-check polarity.
According to https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/eTR858GJ the square pad (with "GND" arrow) is Vbus, and GND is the one directly opposite (top left pin of P2). That USB socket is super-easy to tear off the PCB.
by DMA
24 Feb 2020, 00:40
Forum: Workshop
Topic: Coming Soon - Through Hole Universal Model F and Beamspring Controller
Replies: 18
Views: 1254

Re: Coming Soon - Through Hole Universal Model F and Beamspring Controller

on the note of atmega being single sourced: duh, but my point was that its possible to swap out the microcontroller for another, only making some modifications to the firmware. Oh, _that_. No difference there either. All the FPGA stuff can be pulled out and implemented using discrete logic and driv...
by DMA
17 Feb 2020, 08:22
Forum: Workshop
Topic: A Smaller Xwhatsit
Replies: 102
Views: 9088

Re: A Smaller Xwhatsit

Layout loading is slow for a Reason. Creating nKeys*nLayers combo boxes is huge amount of work.

I also have this problem. It takes so much time to create those controls my firmware thinks FC is gone and goes out of setup mode. I probably need to increase that delay to like 10 seconds.
by DMA
17 Feb 2020, 06:17
Forum: Workshop
Topic: [Done] CommonSense: matrix LCR meter with a HID interface
Replies: 565
Views: 58475

Re: [Done] CommonSense: matrix LCR meter with a HID interface

https://github.com/dmaone/CommonSense/releases/tag/v1.0.1.0 * Fixes random keypresses for empty layout cells * Added noisy keys indicator for when scanner trips the sanity check (open thresholds or matrix monitor, you'll see those on red background in couple of seconds. If nothing is red - upload co...
by DMA
15 Feb 2020, 18:59
Forum: Workshop
Topic: Coming Soon - Through Hole Universal Model F and Beamspring Controller
Replies: 18
Views: 1254

Re: Coming Soon - Through Hole Universal Model F and Beamspring Controller

Id like to make the argument that the CommonSense controller does not use an "off the shelf" part. its a specific part that isnt made to by any other manufacturer, where as with the XWhatsIt design you can swap most of the parts around for other components, no particular reliance on a specific manu...
by DMA
12 Feb 2020, 10:36
Forum: Off-topic
Topic: Taking a break
Replies: 23
Views: 5661

Re: Taking a break

Oh man, I missed this post when it was posted because, y'know, I'm not a real community member and only read Workshop. Welcome back. You probably think I have an EE degree. I don't. Believe it or not, I have CS degree but not EE. I'll tell you one thing: the fact CommonSense is even there is BECAUSE...
by DMA
07 Feb 2020, 02:40
Forum: Group buys
Topic: F62+F77 orders now open! New Kishsaver+Industrial Model F Keyboards
Replies: 4646
Views: 534215

Re: F62+F77 orders now open! New Kishsaver+Industrial Model F Keyboards

tentator wrote:
06 Feb 2020, 11:03
IMG_20200206_110122.jpg
I asked for "Latest firmware, latest utility"

Latest utility is 1.0.0.SIX

How do I trust that you do what you asked in other cases? Now I remember why previous communication attempts ended so badly.

Goodbye.
by DMA
05 Feb 2020, 03:09
Forum: Group buys
Topic: F62+F77 orders now open! New Kishsaver+Industrial Model F Keyboards
Replies: 4646
Views: 534215

Re: F62+F77 orders now open! New Kishsaver+Industrial Model F Keyboards

It is not a sound approach to _test_ things on a speed you can't see when you have alternatives. There is a reason new planes taxi first, then speed-taxi, then make a single loop over the field with wheels down, and not go for a ceiling-AND-speed-record run straight off the slipway. So, for tests: *...
by DMA
04 Feb 2020, 06:48
Forum: Group buys
Topic: F62+F77 orders now open! New Kishsaver+Industrial Model F Keyboards
Replies: 4646
Views: 534215

Re: F62+F77 orders now open! New Kishsaver+Industrial Model F Keyboards

I do believe that you can reproduce the same behaviour on your side: do you see something that could explain this? Thanks in advance, tent:wq Unclear what you downloaded. Did you go to repo , clicked "download", copied config.h to the new location and built? If not - all bets are off. "Latest firmw...
by DMA
02 Feb 2020, 01:33
Forum: Workshop
Topic: [Done] CommonSense: matrix LCR meter with a HID interface
Replies: 565
Views: 58475

Re: [Done] CommonSense: matrix LCR meter with a HID interface

I see. Thanks. I will learn from code and try stuff. I got just a 3x3 matrix to start with. My first was 2x2, but I'd go with a single sensor these days. Then expand in sense dimension, not too fast - 2x1 first, and once that works, 4x1 should be a final prototype. If it works with 4 columns, you c...
by DMA
26 Jan 2020, 22:27
Forum: Workshop
Topic: [Done] CommonSense: matrix LCR meter with a HID interface
Replies: 565
Views: 58475

Re: [Done] CommonSense: matrix LCR meter with a HID interface

There is a return 0; Here , right at start of inline uint8_t Scan_loop() This is because scan is triggered just once in cliFunc_T ? You are asking a person that does not exist. 2016.. I have great trouble remembering 2018. At this point you and me know exactly the same amount about that code. In fa...
by DMA
26 Jan 2020, 18:19
Forum: Workshop
Topic: [Done] CommonSense: matrix LCR meter with a HID interface
Replies: 565
Views: 58475

Re: [Done] CommonSense: matrix LCR meter with a HID interface

Diode conversion is for 2 AEKs I made as gifts to friends. Have not touched KLL - and it doesn't matter. What matters is ScanModule. OutputModule "uartOut" is so I can see keypresses in serial console. Looks like BluePill is capable of scanning fast enough with a bit more handholding (you'll need to...
by DMA
19 Jan 2020, 06:00
Forum: Group buys
Topic: F62+F77 orders now open! New Kishsaver+Industrial Model F Keyboards
Replies: 4646
Views: 534215

Re: F62+F77 orders now open! New Kishsaver+Industrial Model F Keyboards

tentator wrote:
18 Jan 2020, 23:11
Also the sentence were you say "So you couldn't use space for Fn" does not sound reassuring..
How about "So, now those are fixed", 5 lines down the page? :D
by DMA
18 Jan 2020, 22:43
Forum: Group buys
Topic: F62+F77 orders now open! New Kishsaver+Industrial Model F Keyboards
Replies: 4646
Views: 534215

Re: F62+F77 orders now open! New Kishsaver+Industrial Model F Keyboards

Hi DMA! I've space-fn in firmware in all my keyboards a part from model Fs and beamsprings so it would be much better to have it in xwhatsit or commonsense and not need to think about os etc. I also do a lot of keyboard rotation. Do you plan to fix the tap macro in commonsense? I see it in the macr...
by DMA
18 Jan 2020, 11:25
Forum: Group buys
Topic: F62+F77 orders now open! New Kishsaver+Industrial Model F Keyboards
Replies: 4646
Views: 534215

Re: F62+F77 orders now open! New Kishsaver+Industrial Model F Keyboards

XMIT wrote:
17 Jan 2020, 15:19
How would you set up SpaceFn on Windows? Someone was asking me this the other day. Not really being a Windows user I had no clue.
One word: AHK.

Also macros were fixed EONS ago.
by DMA
10 Jan 2020, 06:01
Forum: Workshop
Topic: [Done] CommonSense: matrix LCR meter with a HID interface
Replies: 565
Views: 58475

Re: [Done] CommonSense: matrix LCR meter with a HID interface

Due to a freak accident(tm) (seriously tho - I don't know how. I copy-pasted the schematics and dabbled with pin _mapping_, not _settings_) "8x24" project had rows in "strong drive. slow" instead of "pull-up/pull-down". That _may_ explain problems some people had with sense stability. The only way t...
by DMA
29 Dec 2019, 18:44
Forum: Workshop
Topic: [Done] CommonSense: matrix LCR meter with a HID interface
Replies: 565
Views: 58475

Re: [Done] CommonSense: matrix LCR meter with a HID interface

Hi DMA just wanted to clarify something. https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dmaone/CommonSense/1.0.0.4/docs/MagValve/pinout.jpg Rows start at R0 on the picture however columns start at C1. Am i right to assume that C1 should be C0 and so on? Yep. It doesn't matter though - you can't configure less t...

Go to advanced search