Price Check: How much is my _____ worth?

Aran.E99

30 May 2018, 22:16

Hey guys,

Recently got a Cherry G80-3112HAG. As the Article no. suggests, it is in fact vintage Cherry MX blacks alongside thick doubleshot cherry caps. The board has a card reader attached to it and has a strange connector but does have a DIN (which I tested and does work perfectly). I disassembled it all and thoroughly cleaned out all the feathers, paper clips and tinsel :? .

I believe someone asked about this board in this thread a few years back however it would be nice to get an updated price.

Thanks!

Myoth

30 May 2018, 22:20

there are some on ebay for 25gbp each, so I'd say this much

kbdfr
The Tiproman

31 May 2018, 07:39

Myoth wrote: there are some on ebay for 25gbp each, so I'd say this much
That's one UK seller with two different batches based on age*,
the older ones selling for £35, the newer ones for £20.
It is to be noted, though, that with the exception of the label, he uses the same pictures for both.

*The seller misunderstands Cherry's postal code as a model no.
The German 4-digit postal code system was replaced with a 5- digit system in 1993.

AdrianMan

31 May 2018, 08:09

Hi, a cherry g80-1000 case+ pcb +cable ended up in my hands. I don't have any use for it. Any ideea how much would it go for?
G80-1000 https://imgur.com/a/AYe3Lib

Thanks

Half-Saint

31 May 2018, 11:04

Link? I searched for G80-3112HAG and came up with no hits.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

31 May 2018, 11:24

Half-Saint wrote:
Search for EPOS cherry keyboard in eBay UK :D

Aran.E99

31 May 2018, 11:26

Half-Saint wrote:
Me too. I *think* I saw one on ebay listed as "Cherry EPOS" or something but I might be wrong.

Appreciate the help guys, I guess £20 is fair but I think I might just sell the caps and switches separately if it means I could get a little more from that.

Half-Saint

31 May 2018, 11:54

kbdfr wrote:
Half-Saint wrote:
Search for EPOS cherry keyboard in eBay UK :D
Ah thanks. Aren't both technically vintage switches?

Aran.E99

31 May 2018, 12:28

Half-Saint wrote: Ah thanks. Aren't both technically vintage switches?
I found the listings and looked at the date codes. I think they're selling the older models for more because they could have NKRO. According to DT wiki, older models of G80-3000 had NKRO so theres a possibility that the older ones listed have. My board made in 1995 doesn't have NKRO (which is one of the reasons I want to sell it), in fact, I tested my board and I could only press 3 keys at once :(

AdrianMan

31 May 2018, 12:54

Aran.E99 wrote:
Half-Saint wrote: Ah thanks. Aren't both technically vintage switches?
I found the listings and looked at the date codes. I think they're selling the older models for more because they could have NKRO. According to DT wiki, older models of G80-3000 had NKRO so theres a possibility that the older ones listed have. My board made in 1995 doesn't have NKRO (which is one of the reasons I want to sell it), in fact, I tested my board and I could only press 3 keys at once :(
I pm'd you, I would be interested in the keycaps ;)

scottc

31 May 2018, 14:05

I got one of each, neither have NKRO.

Aran.E99

31 May 2018, 14:20

scottc wrote: I got one of each, neither have NKRO.
Well that sucks, I was contemplating buying one from the listing :(

Thank you for letting me know though, saved me a bit of money :lol:

Someone135

03 Jun 2018, 16:57

Hello!
How much is my Cherry g80-3000 HAD with MX Black vintage switches and with ABS double shot keycaps worth?

Myoth

03 Jun 2018, 17:01

Someone135 wrote: Hello!
How much is my Cherry g80-3000 HAD with MX Black vintage switches and with ABS double shot keycaps worth?
30-40euro I'd say

Dingster

03 Jun 2018, 17:17

Myoth wrote:
Someone135 wrote: Hello!
30-40euro I'd say
3 pages back a guy sold abs doubleshots from a G81 for 50€ so I doubt its 30-40

Myoth

03 Jun 2018, 17:22

didn't see something like that 3 pages back, but OG ISO-DE doubleshots are like 35usd at most and the vintage blacks are like 0.45usd, but nobody would sell it for 75usd ... I said a price that would be reasonable for such a keyboard, IMO.

Dingster

03 Jun 2018, 17:24

Myoth wrote: didn't see something like that 3 pages back, but OG ISO-DE doubleshots are like 35usd at most and the vintage blacks are like 0.45usd, but nobody would sell it for 75usd ... I said a price that would be reasonable for such a keyboard, IMO.
Oh yea my bad missed the fact that those are ansi :oops:

Aran.E99

04 Jun 2018, 00:01

Hi again, I completely forgot to ask in my original post so I'll ask here. It turns out one of my Cherry boards has some OG pbt dye subs on rather than doubleshots found on all the rest. I asked over on GH and didn't really learn much and I keep seeing prices that are all over the place, price gaps in the 100s. What would I be looking at for these? They are all clean and none are damaged although some do have faint pen lines on which I didn't try cleaning much. UK layout. https://imgur.com/a/FXEZJCR

Cheers

tron

04 Jun 2018, 18:15

Given the recent price increase for brown Alps I am curious how much my Brown Alps Videowriter is worth given its condition. It's in great shape and the switches are extremely smooth.

Link- https://imgur.com/a/dHgDSpo

Dingster

04 Jun 2018, 19:05

tron wrote: Given the recent price increase for brown Alps I am curious how much my Brown Alps Videowriter is worth given its condition. It's in great shape and the switches are extremely smooth.

400-500$ imo

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

04 Jun 2018, 19:10

I think that's a bit extreme. Not even good condition blue alps go for that much. I'd say $200 would be a fair price, maybe more if you get the right buyer.

Dingster

04 Jun 2018, 19:11

Blaise170 wrote: I think that's a bit extreme. Not even good condition blue alps go for that much. I'd say $200 would be a fair price, maybe more if you get the right buyer.
Yea its extreme, but people are actually paying this much for SKCM browns

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

04 Jun 2018, 23:43

Been a while since I've had any SKCM orange. Hoping you guys can help me out with this one!

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

04 Jun 2018, 23:44

Dingster wrote:
tron wrote: Given the recent price increase for brown Alps I am curious how much my Brown Alps Videowriter is worth given its condition. It's in great shape and the switches are extremely smooth.

400-500$ imo
Oh my God....I just sold one for $300....am I a moron?

chip chop

05 Jun 2018, 00:08

Orange 724 has to be worth $125 - $150

mog_genius88

05 Jun 2018, 00:40

In the last couple weeks i picked up 2x 5140s on ebay for $175 a piece. Both were in very good condition, almost as if the original owner used it for a few days before storing it away.

Ive seen several video writers and 5140s go for $150-250 in the past few weeks... more towards the higher end

tron

05 Jun 2018, 01:42

Thanks for the info guys. Prices seem to be fluctuating quite a bit lately depending on availability and condition (I found a 5140 ebay auction that sold for 350 about a year ago). I will probably wait for prices to stabilize a bit more before listing it.

The recent brown Alps price shift seems similar to the beamspring shift at the beginning of the year. All it took was a few 1k sales to destabilize the old pricing structure and now, six months later, paying ~1k is the new standard.

linuxfanatic

05 Jun 2018, 15:07

How much is a Focus FK-555 with Cyan Omrons worth? Is it too rare of a keyboard to mod/restomod/internally convert to USB? Thanks.

Chyros

05 Jun 2018, 15:37

linuxfanatic wrote: How much is a Focus FK-555 with Cyan Omrons worth? Is it too rare of a keyboard to mod/restomod/internally convert to USB? Thanks.
B3G-S switches are pretty unreliable - you might want to test it before you mod it. I think the FK-555 is AT/XT so should be pretty easy to convert to USB, though. Cyan Omrons are super rare, but I don't know if the demand for them is super high. That said, if you're looking to get rid of it, I'm interested :) .

linuxfanatic

05 Jun 2018, 15:43

Chyros wrote:
linuxfanatic wrote: How much is a Focus FK-555 with Cyan Omrons worth? Is it too rare of a keyboard to mod/restomod/internally convert to USB? Thanks.
B3G-S switches are pretty unreliable - you might want to test it before you mod it. I think the FK-555 is AT/XT so should be pretty easy to convert to USB, though. Cyan Omrons are super rare, but I don't know if the demand for them is super high. That said, if you're looking to get rid of it, I'm interested :) .
I'll PM you.

Return to “Marketplace Help”