Pictures courtesy of StarDori

Release: 2010
Optmized for: Varies
Color: Black, Red, Khaki
N-Key: Yes
Winkeys: Yes
Controller: ATMega16 (Protoype) or ATMega32
Units Made: ~100

The 356mini is an exception to the series, using a very space saving design, similar to HHKB in size. Similar to the 356CL, it also offers a brass plate to be attached in the bottom part of the case to increase the stability and weight. Designed for portable use, the brass plate is located at the outside of the case and not under the PCB as on the 356CL. The mini uses the same controller as the 356CL Dark Gray Edition, but also can be entirely customized using an online webapp. The 356mini uses a detachable PS2 cable that features a PS2 plug on one side, and a mini-usb plug on the other side. Despite this, the 356mini is not actually USB compatible.
This is the keyboard that the KBC Poker should be.

ranm

06 Mar 2011, 19:47

daedalus wrote:
sixty wrote: Fifth: 356mini
Pictures courtesy of StarDori

Release: 2010
Optmized for: Varies
Color: Black, Red, Khaki
N-Key: Yes
Winkeys: Yes
Controller: ATMega16 (Protoype) or ATMega32
Units Made: ~100

The 356mini is an exception to the series, using a very space saving design, similar to HHKB in size. Similar to the 356CL, it also offers a brass plate to be attached in the bottom part of the case to increase the stability and weight. Designed for portable use, the brass plate is located at the outside of the case and not under the PCB as on the 356CL. The mini uses the same controller as the 356CL Dark Gray Edition, but also can be entirely customized using an online webapp. The 356mini uses a detachable PS2 cable that features a PS2 plug on one side, and a mini-usb plug on the other side. Despite this, the 356mini is not actually USB compatible.
This is the keyboard that the KBC Poker should be.
So true, I think the possibility to customize the firmware makes it THE ULTIMATE KEYBOARD for everyone. It should come with a ISO+ANSI combination of switches, shipped with two Left Shift keys of both the small 1.25 and the larger variant. And of course J-shaped and smallshaped Enterkey.

And it should be possible to accessorise it with an extra casing that you could swap out in these colours:

Oh, one can dream right ? If only there was a keyboard company that could pull something like that off ...

duq

06 Mar 2011, 23:57

How come nobody on these boards knows someone that does CNC'ing for cheap. Those CNC'ed shells are immaculate...

British

07 Mar 2011, 10:46

sixty wrote:Now with further ado, here is the summary.
Pun, or... ? :roll:

Regarding those sexeh casing, would they be able to hold a Leopold/Archiss/Filco ?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

07 Mar 2011, 17:49

British wrote:
sixty wrote:Now with further ado, here is the summary.
Pun, or... ? :roll:

Regarding those sexeh casing, would they be able to hold a Leopold/Archiss/Filco ?
Actually a typo :D
And nope, these only fit the according specially designed PCBs + plate.

pita

07 Mar 2011, 19:18

every time seeing these crazy keyboards being developed by the local communities, I always wonder if there will be one from US geeks or Euro geeks... I can always dream :D

sixty
Gasbag Guru

07 Mar 2011, 19:19

I think we have one or two guys who could do the PCB... the case on the other hand still remains unreachable.

wap32

07 Mar 2011, 20:20

The 356CL Dark Grey is simply stunning!
But for $400 it's almost cheaper to build one yourself...

British

07 Mar 2011, 20:20

sixty wrote:And nope, these only fit the according specially designed PCBs + plate.
Out of curiosity, what would it take to adapt such a keyboard in that case ?
I guess there might at least be a problem with the PCB being too long, as the alu case is probably much thicker (for the same "outer" sizes).

strike015

08 Mar 2011, 16:01

omg i want the 356CL Dark Gray Edition, it just looks so hot!

Taietzel

08 Mar 2011, 18:02

All of them are stunning!
Though it would be nice to see how far a 356mini design can be improved with its customization properties :P~

Olehk

12 Mar 2011, 02:40

These are nice, I want one :P

Yomi39

12 Mar 2011, 21:17

looks awesome ;_;

xis

13 Mar 2011, 10:40

pita wrote:every time seeing these crazy keyboards being developed by the local communities, I always wonder if there will be one from US geeks or Euro geeks... I can always dream :D
me too :(

laden3

13 Mar 2011, 11:14

sixty wrote:I think we have one or two guys who could do the PCB... the case on the other hand still remains unreachable.
SP does CNC. Price? IDK, probably very expensive.......

sixty
Gasbag Guru

14 Mar 2011, 10:57

Btw, new player in town: Infinity87 to be released sometime this year.

Pics by Sunny on OTD.

I'm digging the purple one.

webwit
Wild Duck

14 Mar 2011, 12:53

I'm totally not digging the branding crap. It's a real pity the Koreans keep ruining their fine cases with branding.

Gilgam

14 Mar 2011, 14:58

strange thing each time i click on a otd link a small pop up inkorena appears and i can"t see the images/posts

should i login ?
Last edited by Gilgam on 14 Mar 2011, 15:10, edited 1 time in total.

Ascaii
The Beard

14 Mar 2011, 15:06

Gilgam wrote:strange thingeach time click on a otd link a smal pop up inkorena appears and i can"t see the images/posts

should i login ?
otd has closed down for nonregistered users...find a korean to help you register.

Victheslik

14 Mar 2011, 15:49

Purple or Black @_____@...

Gilgam

14 Mar 2011, 16:04

ok thanks
i'll try by myself at home (on this crap windows xp machine i just have strange squares)

By the way these cases look really beautiful

anodized aluminium in four colors :o ....

the pcb form looks like a standard tenkeyless.

Nask

14 Mar 2011, 17:44

Is it the IDFactory Tenkeyless ?
I heard from IDFactory that they're designing a new tenkeyless keyboard.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

15 Mar 2011, 02:42

Nask wrote:Is it the IDFactory Tenkeyless ?
I heard from IDFactory that they're designing a new tenkeyless keyboard.
Yes, tenkeyless.

Topre Enthusiast

15 Mar 2011, 05:34

webwit wrote:I'm totally not digging the branding crap. It's a real pity the Koreans keep ruining their fine cases with branding.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking that.

lucidlts

15 Mar 2011, 10:20

love the metal case. :O
i wonder how much does it cost for just the mold

RiGS

15 Mar 2011, 12:33

What mold?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

15 Mar 2011, 12:39

lucidlts wrote:love the metal case. :O
i wonder how much does it cost for just the mold
Yep, as RiGS is hinting, there is no mold. This is not casted aluminium. It is cnc carved from a block.

British

15 Mar 2011, 15:46

002 wrote:
webwit wrote:I'm totally not digging the branding crap. It's a real pity the Koreans keep ruining their fine cases with branding.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking that.
/joining the club

amleth

15 Mar 2011, 17:26

by pita » 07 Mar 2011, 19:18

every time seeing these crazy keyboards being developed by the local communities, I always wonder if there will be one from US geeks or Euro geeks... I can always dream
You better not dream about it. There is always a price you have to pay.

I think it is kind of false religion. There are a handful of arrogrant gurus. Who are willing to spend big money and time just for being worshipped in near future. This admiration biz is kind of really big successful in there (and here too, i guess). If you know the christianity history of that country - in little over 100 years the population of the believer exploded to almost 10 millions. Actually, if look into underneath of that, it is a sharmanism. Which has over several thousand years historical background. That is the real impetus of them (I mean one strangely exclusive keyboard community). If you just want to skim their holy bible a little bit, you have to log in - their doors are tightly closed.

I do not want to worship arrogrant guru(s), especially for keyboard stuffs. If you want nicely carved cold metal casing, worship them. That is all you have to pay (Do not make any complaint even for branding. You are going to be punished in the melting pot of hell - i mean not America, i mean barren land of mass production pot).

webwit
Wild Duck

15 Mar 2011, 18:21

I have the same thing with Walmart. Anyone who doesn't buy stuff that is made out of the cheapest of the cheapest, is an arrogant guru, looking for worship that goes back to the vikings and naked virgins dancing around bonfires in the dark forest, arms raised to the Gods, a pale moon overhead casting eerie shadows. Anyway, that is my motivation.

Return to “Keyboards”