Article claims the HHKB to cost 4000 dollars

Okeg

11 Apr 2013, 23:48

http://www.cartridgesave.co.uk/news/15- ... ever-made/

Uhm... since when did the HHKB cost that price? I' quite sure that mine didn't.

guilleguillaume

12 Apr 2013, 00:46

They're refering to the HHKB HG and HHKB HG Japan:

They just don't know what keyboard they're talking about.

ideus

12 Apr 2013, 01:27

If someone offers the article's author a HHKB at $2,000 US for sale, maybe he buys it thinking it is a great deal.

Topre Enthusiast

12 Apr 2013, 01:46

Some more images of the HG Japan here: http://pinchocodia.tistory.com/156
The gold coated HHKB Lite is there too. Why they felt the need to embellish such an average keyboard, I don't know.

mr_a500

12 Apr 2013, 03:39

002 wrote:Some more images of the HG Japan here: http://pinchocodia.tistory.com/156
The gold coated HHKB Lite is there too. Why they felt the need to embellish such an average keyboard, I don't know.
That's the site I found when searching for the expensive HHKB. I don't understand the need for expensive lacquers or gold leaf on this keyboard. I'd rather put that money into making a better switch - something that feels like extreme quality rather than looking like expensive coated plastic. (like diamonds on a plastic ring)

Topre Enthusiast

12 Apr 2013, 04:00

It's just wank-factor I guess. What's more puzzling is perhaps the need to do up a scanner. The HHKB Pro HG is so over the top ridiculous but I suppose it'd be close to being on par with the Korean custom boards. The ability of the switch (be it Cherry or Topre...or other?) in these boards takes a back seat to how pretty and exclusive they can make the rest of keyboard.

Okeg

13 Apr 2013, 21:14

As to me being wrong; I figured, still. Things like this really piss me off, I can't stand when someone writes about something without knowing all the details.
Not to mention that they only mentioned the "hyped" keyboards..

webwit
Wild Duck

14 Apr 2013, 10:34

The article is not supposed to be accurate. The purpose of that whole blog is only to deliver SEO value to that site. It doesn't matter if it's a pile of shit, no one is supposed to read it except crawlers.

ne0phyte
Toast.

14 Apr 2013, 12:55

Apparently the keys were coated with a native Japanese plant substance by hand from ‘skilled artisans’.
Not bad so far - even though the blurry image shows a normal HHKB.
Of course, you have to be really comfortable with the basic UNIX layout of those keys because there aren’t any markings on them to tell you which letter is which. Is it really any wonder that it was discontinued?
Many (even not keyboard enthusiastic) people can touch type. It reads like it is no rhetoric question and they are leaving it unanswered :D

JBert

14 Apr 2013, 21:49

webwit wrote:The article is not supposed to be accurate. The purpose of that whole blog is only to deliver SEO value to that site. It doesn't matter if it's a pile of shit, no one is supposed to read it except crawlers.
We should act quickly to let the OP edit out the link, now we're just giving it credits...

Peter

15 Apr 2013, 17:55

4000$ ??
That's cheap, compared to a vintage Japanese Go-board !

7bit

16 Apr 2013, 10:22

I bet this is a special series they do exclusively for Geek Hack users.
:twisted:

Okeg

23 Apr 2013, 19:55

7bit wrote:I bet this is a special series they do exclusively for Geek Hack users.
:twisted:
Lol, yeah. One of the main reasons I left GH.

Return to “Off-topic”