The Ultimate Off-Topic Topic

The Demongolator
Contra Bonos Mores

18 Apr 2012, 01:08

IMPORTANT MESSAGE:

The Blue Serpent Clock Egg is a Tsar Imperial Fabergé egg, one of a series of fifty-two jeweled eggs made under the supervision of Peter Carl Fabergé for the Russian Imperial family. This is the first of the Imperial Fabergé eggs to feature a clock, and is a design that Fabergé copied for his Duchess of Marlborough Egg in 1902. It was crafted and delivered in 1887 to the then Tsar of Russia, Alexander III. It is currently owned by Prince Albert II, and is held in Monaco. This egg, along with the First Hen Egg, is the only known surviving Imperial egg from the 1880s.

Just so you know...

This topic is for chatter so insufferable insignificant it doesn't warrant its own topic. The Demongolator however will suffer all your mindless chatter right here! :twisted: You may also try to summon the Demongolator in other topics to move posts to this topic. :roll: Only do this if a topic has seriously derailed and people agree on a clean-up. The Demongolator can't be bothered about one or two posts! :evil:

webwit
Wild Duck

18 Apr 2012, 01:19

Finally a topic about ducks.

iamwhoiam

20 Apr 2012, 02:27

[EDIT: The following 24 posts were moved from here by The Demongolator]

I have 11 horse chestnuts. Want one?
Last edited by iamwhoiam on 22 Apr 2012, 06:33, edited 1 time in total.

GeorgeStorm

20 Apr 2012, 03:46

And how much would you be looking for one?

Maarten

20 Apr 2012, 12:08

iamwhoiam wrote:I have 11 of these. Want one?
WANT!

How much?

fossala
Elite +1

20 Apr 2012, 12:37

Why the hell did you order 11? It is dicks like you that makes them sell out so quickly.

bhtooefr

20 Apr 2012, 12:57

And I thought that they were supposed to cancel orders of more than 1, too.

fossala
Elite +1

20 Apr 2012, 13:01

I pre-registered for a preorder link but I'm not going to use it as I am spending way to much on keyboards atm.

acfrazier
Mad Scientist

20 Apr 2012, 17:53

Proof or gtfo. This pisses me off because I'm an actual developer and I didn't get one.

harrison

20 Apr 2012, 21:55

bhtooefr wrote:And I thought that they were supposed to cancel orders of more than 1, too.
that's what i thought too, but my buddy got confirmation on 4 of them (one of which will be mine)

JBert

20 Apr 2012, 22:06

Is Glossy trolling again?

Mrinterface

21 Apr 2012, 10:21

JBert wrote:
Is Glossy trolling again?
23 posts in 4 days....

Nuff said.

iamwhoiam

21 Apr 2012, 15:09

fossala wrote:
Why the hell did you order 11? It is dicks like you that makes them sell out so quickly.
You're making me weep.
Last edited by iamwhoiam on 22 Apr 2012, 06:33, edited 1 time in total.

off

21 Apr 2012, 15:21

Mrinterface wrote: Glossy trolling again?
23 posts in 4 days....
Nuff said.[/quote]
eh, my avg is at 8 a day now... should get less though :P

Soarer

21 Apr 2012, 15:51

iamwhoiam wrote:My friend ...
Now we know it's a lie! :P

ripster

21 Apr 2012, 16:06

off wrote:
Mrinterface wrote: Glossy trolling again?
23 posts in 4 days....
Nuff said.
eh, my avg is at 8 a day now... should get less though :P[/quote]

Doesn't take a lot of posts to be labelled a threadcrapper here.

Clicked expecting pics of dessert.

Exiting feeling like I should post a pic of my etsy Pi glasses but I must remain RATIONAL!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/97634385/pi ... pe=gallery

off

21 Apr 2012, 16:15

ripster wrote:
Mrinterface wrote: 23 posts in 4 days....
Nuff said.
Doesn't take a lot of posts to be labelled a threadcrapper here.
Guess it's a lack of content/relevancy thing.

iamwhoiam

21 Apr 2012, 17:39

Soarer wrote:
iamwhoiam wrote:My friend ...
Now we know it's a lie! :P
A lie is a pie, prefixed with an "L" in place of a "P".
Last edited by iamwhoiam on 22 Apr 2012, 06:32, edited 1 time in total.

daedalus
Buckler Of Springs

21 Apr 2012, 23:14

I have 11 of these. Want one?
The phrase "Pics, or it didn't happen" come to mind.

In related news... will put up pics of mine later :D

RC-1140

21 Apr 2012, 23:24

Well glossy, bypassing the restrictions which were made to keep people from buying many of these and reselling them later on, isn't exactly nice as well. This isn't jealousy, this is resentment to people with such an antisocial and egocentric behaviour.

I don't really believe that what you said is true, as you have made up a lot of stuff in the past. (thinking of the buckets of Cherry switches e.g.) But either way you're not making friends with posts like these. As you're talking about sins once again: these posts only display pride.

I was surprised to discover that you weren't banned after your selling thread was over.

Does anybody feel like summoning the demongolator to clean this thread up?

Charlie_Brown_MX

21 Apr 2012, 23:37

iamwhoiam wrote:
fossala wrote:Why the hell did you order 11? It is dicks like you that makes them sell out so quickly.
With an attitude like yours, you won't be buying one from me, will you. Sorry, am I not entitled to spend MY OWN MONEY on whatever I wish? Jealousy is very ugly.

My friend is on the dev team, I got 15 of these @ cost. No need to be bitter, time to act like adults now.
RC-1140 wrote:Well glossy, bypassing the restrictions which were made to keep people from buying many of these and reselling them later on, isn't exactly nice as well. This isn't jealousy, this is resentment to people with such an antisocial and egocentric behaviour.

I don't really believe that what you said is true, as you have made up a lot of stuff in the past. (thinking of the buckets of Cherry switches e.g.) But either way you're not making friends with posts like these. As you're talking about sins once again: these posts only display pride.
RC-1140 hits the nail on the head here: it isn’t that people are “jealous” that you — allegedly — have so many, it’s that your “friend” bypassed the sensible restrictions put in place to ensure the widest distribution possible. The whole purpose of the device is to get it into as many hands as possible, so appropriate software can be developed so that the kids it’s intended for get maximum benefit from the project. It’s *not* so that entitled nerds can horde them and sell them off for profit/reputation on web fora. Your attitude here is worse than that you accuse fossala of having.

Your “friend”, if he exists at all, deserves to be disciplined for abusing his position for your financial benefit. He may have thought he was doing you a favour, but his actions are actively working against the project’s aims, and run contrary to the spirit of the endeavour. That’s not something he should be proud of, and not something I would thank you for broadcasting if I were in his shoes.

Inevitably, you’ll somehow twist this around to try and make yourself the wronged party, but that doesn’t change the fact that you’re fucking with something noble for your own selfish ends.

off

21 Apr 2012, 23:49

if he'll be selling them at cost or less, or even giving them away to f.i. motivated and gifted yet piss-poor people; this argument is invalid on that part. the attitudes presented here though don't do justice to the project that is pi.
and now, my presence might just summon he that shall not be named. :twisted:

daedalus
Buckler Of Springs

22 Apr 2012, 01:14

Lots of walls of text here based on the assumption that he isn't talking bullshit. I'm assuming bullshit because that's my natural reaction to reading such things on the internet, especially from an alt account. I believe this is called Occam's Razor...

iamwhoiam

22 Apr 2012, 06:22

Snap, crackle & pop! :)

RC-1140

22 Apr 2012, 15:38

alright, I guess this kind of editing is the final evidence that iamwhoiam is indeed glossywhite. Never seen anybody who edited posts this way.

I really vote for decrapping this thread.

iamwhoiam

22 Apr 2012, 16:36

If you want to clean up this thread, I suggest we mention removing all other hostile, aggressive and know-it-all posts also... but then, there would be no thread left!

The Demongolator
Contra Bonos Mores

22 Apr 2012, 16:44

iamwhoiam

22 Apr 2012, 16:48

No you haven't. The whiners still exist. LOOK!

nathanscribe

22 Apr 2012, 18:10

"To live is to war with trolls" (Ibsen)

ripster

22 Apr 2012, 18:15

What is WITH Norwegians and their trolls? I thought once you got above the latitude of let's say Austrians southern border with Italy everybody lost their sense of humor?

Except the Brits. But they are on an Island. Doesn't count.

Return to “Off-topic”