klikkyklik

25 Aug 2015, 19:19

This is my favorite.
p.jpg
p.jpg (5.58 KiB) Viewed 2507 times

Muirium
µ

25 Aug 2015, 20:56

A friend of mine wants to make some kit like that for his flight sims. You can build quite a cockpit that way, which does indeed interface with the simulation.

A lot f work of course. Especially as they all must glow at night, like real planes.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

25 Aug 2015, 21:02

Yeah this was on reddit.

So cool. I wish more things today used real switches instead of rubber buttons. Like remotes.

Findecanor

25 Aug 2015, 21:07

Really fun project! Lots of geeky pop culture references. Me likes :D

The weird glyphs after WARNING are an alphabet from Star Wars called Aurebesh. It says "DON'T EVER PUSH THERE BUTTON" ...
The words under the toggles under MAIN SYSTEM are not all intelligible. Under the first I read "JOEY". Under the others I can read "VES" and "EPH". Probably "IVES" and "STEPH".

No I can't read Aurebesh fluently.. But I have used it. Like ten years ago or so, I made a couple of lightsabers with engraved Aurebesh script. When I costume (cosplay :roll: ), kids sometime come up to me and ask for my autograph - and then I write them my name and club ID in Aurebesh script.
BTW. A HAL panel replica is on my bucket list of props to build ...
Last edited by Findecanor on 25 Aug 2015, 23:08, edited 3 times in total.

macmakkara

25 Aug 2015, 21:17

hmm... i don't get these... propably because i see this at work everydayImage

SL89

25 Aug 2015, 21:25

Findecanor wrote: Really fun project! Lots of geeky pop culture references. Me likes :D

The weird glyphs after WARNING are an alphabet from Star Wars called Aurebesh. It says "DON'T EVER PUSH THERE BUTTON" ...
The words under the toggles under MAIN SYSTEM are not all intelligible. Under the first I read "JOEY". Under the others I can read "VES" and "EPH". Probably "IVES" and "STEPH".
Personally, I think that people should use the special glyphs in Aurebesh for "PH", "AE", etc.

No I can't read Aurebesh fluently.. But I have used it. Like ten years ago or so, I made a couple of lightsabers with engraved Aurebesh script. When I costume (cosplay :roll: ) kids sometime come up to me and ask for my autograph - and then I write them my name and club ID in Aurebesh script.
A HAL panel replica is on my bucket list of props to build ...
I have the Aurebesh keyboard, I have it at work specifically. So nobody can use my keyboard :lol:

Madhias
BS TORPE

25 Aug 2015, 22:14

I read about that overhead display guy today at heise.de on the toilet!

webwit
Wild Duck

25 Aug 2015, 22:22

On the toilet's overhead display?

Muirium
µ

25 Aug 2015, 22:23

Oh, you've got one of those fancy Japanese bidets! Very chic in the valley, I hear. Sergey won't leave the room without a "family wash", no matter what.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

25 Aug 2015, 22:26

macmakkara wrote: hmm... i don't get these... propably because i see this at work everyday
So cool, is that a helicopter cockpit? Or a plane? I can also see the trackball!

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

25 Aug 2015, 23:09

macmakkara wrote: hmm... i don't get these... propably because i see this at work everyday
NH90 huh? That's a big helicopter. Do you fly them, fix them, what?

Findecanor

25 Aug 2015, 23:19

After some quick googling, I find it likely to be a NH90 helicopter.
Finnish Army?

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

25 Aug 2015, 23:21

Findecanor wrote: After some quick googling, I find it likely to be a NH90 helicopter.
Finnish Army?
It's definitely an NH90. The photo that macmakkara supplied had NH90 in the URI.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

25 Aug 2015, 23:22

webwit wrote: On the toilet's overhead display?
:mrgreen: Brilliant. :lol:

macmakkara

26 Aug 2015, 10:05

Im mechanic. At the moment im doing assembly.

Return to “Off-topic”