Deskthority Secret Santa 2015

Muirium
µ

01 Dec 2015, 22:08

I've had a couple of people PM me his Instagram feed of his current holiday in Europe! Doesn't seem promising.

Anyway, Sethk's present was already dispatched. If he comes through in the end (which may be next year at this rate) then that's something. But otherwise he's going to have a rough time with DT. I hear GH is kind to its vendors, even when they're in the wrong. Not so here at DT. We users stick together.

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

03 Dec 2015, 23:52

I shipped my gift.

Compgeke

04 Dec 2015, 00:21

Mine has also been shipped, estimated to arrive on the 21st at the latest, shouldn't take that long though :).

Madhias
BS TORPE

04 Dec 2015, 12:04

I have to ship mine yet! I have all the things together now to put into the box though. Probably on Monday it will go out!

Muirium
µ

04 Dec 2015, 12:08

I shipped mine. Still yet to see anything show up here or in America where I'll be this time next week!

HzFaq

04 Dec 2015, 12:16

Mine will go tomorrow also, just need to pick up something on the way home from work tonight.

Don't forget to post when you get something.

http://deskthority.net/photos-f62/secre ... 12124.html

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

04 Dec 2015, 20:28

My outgoing package has not shown a tracking update since Nov 28th. I hope it did not get lost.

HzFaq

04 Dec 2015, 20:32

Did you try the recipients local county's tracking site? Or http://www.track-trace.com/ or something? I know that a lot of time when I've had packages from the US the tracking just kind of stops as soon as they leave US soil but shows up on the Royal Mail tracking just fine.

Muirium
µ

04 Dec 2015, 20:32

Some shippers can be crap at updates. Have you logged in and checked manually? I was checking MyHermes earlier, which still showed the SurpriseBox (which I know Andy's had for a couple of weeks now) as still "out on vehicle for delivery" on the overview. Updated as soon as I clicked on the particular parcel.

Useless buggers!

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

04 Dec 2015, 20:37

HzFaq wrote: Did you try the recipients local county's tracking site? Or http://www.track-trace.com/ or something? I know that a lot of time when I've had packages from the US the tracking just kind of stops as soon as they leave US soil but shows up on the Royal Mail tracking just fine.
I don't want to say if my recipient is or is not in the US but sufficient to say no means of checking for progress has revealed anything further. I'm probably making a big deal about nothing. I hope so.

HzFaq

05 Dec 2015, 13:26

Mine went out this morning :D.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

05 Dec 2015, 21:17

My gift came in today, the box is pretty big. ;) The sender claims he proxying for someone else, what a s̶i̶l̶l̶y̶ diversion tactic.

:P

I will open it on the 24th.
IMGP1974.JPG
IMGP1974.JPG (174.11 KiB) Viewed 4233 times
Last edited by seebart on 06 Dec 2015, 18:25, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

05 Dec 2015, 22:25

Intrigue like that has Kbdfr written all over it, the sly bugger…

kbdfr
The Tiproman

06 Dec 2015, 09:36

seebart wrote: […] The sender claims he proxying for someone else, what a silly diversion tactic. […]
Muirium wrote: Intrigue like that has Kbdfr written all over it, the sly bugger…
Dear Mr. Muirium, I do resent the fact that after seebart posts the word "silly",
you can in the least imagine I could have anything to do with it.
Now go back to square one and try to make a correct guess this time :evil:

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

06 Dec 2015, 18:28

kbdfr wrote:
seebart wrote: […] The sender claims he proxying for someone else, what a silly diversion tactic. […]
Muirium wrote: Intrigue like that has Kbdfr written all over it, the sly bugger…
Dear Mr. Muirium, I do resent the fact that after seebart posts the word "silly",
you can in the least imagine I could have anything to do with it.
Now go back to square one and try to make a correct guess this time :evil:
No need to get upset, especially if you have nothing to do with it. ;)

kbdfr
The Tiproman

07 Dec 2015, 10:09

I'm not upset by the word "silly", in your place I would even have used the word "clumsy" :lol:

Obviously because I so strongly advocated the Secret Santas remaining… secret,
as soon as someone "claims he proxying for someone else" Muirium thinks it can only be me.
Now that is silly :lol:

matt3o
-[°_°]-

07 Dec 2015, 11:58

there's nothing secret about this Santa, can we stop pretending? my giftee already received his present and he perfectly knows where it comes from.

Halvar

07 Dec 2015, 12:32

... because you're a celebrity and everyone knows your nick once they see your name and city ... ;)

Muirium
µ

07 Dec 2015, 12:38

Same for me. (Hello Scotland!) Same for Andy, whose username is his real name. Same for 002. Same for about half of us I think.

No secrecy here. Let's stop bullshitting!

gogusrl

07 Dec 2015, 12:44

They don't even need to know my name to figure out it's from me :(

kbdfr
The Tiproman

07 Dec 2015, 13:10

Muirium wrote: […] No secrecy here. […]
Obviously there is at least some rest of secrecy here,
otherwise you wouldn't feel the need to assume, deduct and infer from seebart's post
that I am his Secret Santa - whichI am not.

So I do support your call:
Muirium wrote: […] Let's stop bullshitting!

Halvar

07 Dec 2015, 13:15

Krampus will punish y'all for downplaying the impenetrable mystery of half of the Secret Santa!

Muirium
µ

07 Dec 2015, 13:25

The real secret for me now is whether I'll get a present in time for Christmas. I'm taking off this week to America, and there's still no show at either address.

Should the prezzie arrive, I'm quite confident I'll know who shipped it as soon as I see the outer label. Just as I knew who my Santee was by name and address alone, without 7bit's subsequent spoiler pm. It was just like when I once got a parcel from a fellow called Daniel Beardsmore. Oh no! Labelling contains spoilers.

There is no secrecy. Only subterfuge!

JanitorJoe

09 Dec 2015, 00:13

Just got my present today. It's large, heavy and very keyboard shaped. Bought on ebay, so my Santa's anonymity is in the clear. Now I just have to resist peaking for 2 1/2 weeks!
DSC04416.JPG
DSC04416.JPG (163.4 KiB) Viewed 3997 times

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

10 Dec 2015, 13:57

No updates on my outbound package yet. If it doesn't arrive by 1 January I'll be very sad, and I'll consider sending another. It would be a shame if this one were lost, though. :cry:

Muirium
µ

10 Dec 2015, 22:27

I just heard that I have a mysterious parcel waiting for me in San Diego. Yay!

And I also just heard that I have a mysterious parcel waiting for me back in Edinburgh. Yay!

But I'm literally flying westwards over the US as I read this…

chzel

10 Dec 2015, 22:35

Bon voyage!

Muirium
µ

10 Dec 2015, 22:45

Thanks. Bandwidth and cabin noise make me put off that vid till later!

Halvar

10 Dec 2015, 22:55

*sigh*

Muirium
µ

10 Dec 2015, 22:58

It's black rectangle night on Mu's laptop!

Actually day. Still the afternoon here, 5 time zones west of my usual, and counting. But I still ain't loading these, yet!

Return to “Off-topic”