Tim Cook's letter to customers

webwit
Wild Duck

01 Mar 2016, 12:28

The copyright industry bought itself into the government through its corrupted puppet Joe Biden:
http://www.cnet.com/news/joe-bidens-pro ... ng-record/

Joe Biden has always been financed by the copyright industry, in his job for his overlords demanded hard prison time for copyright violators (not for bankers, mind you), and got his way after Obama got him on the team, in return for the industry's campaign money.

So all the hippies who will say they hate that industry, actively voted the copyright industry into their government, and then looked away, because that's oh so convenient.

And then Aaron Swartz faced this prison time they voted on, and committed suicide.

Everybody who voted for Obama, voted for that and they have blood on their hands. And none of them will ever admit it, preferring to look away and leave it unmentioned.

Obama and the war industry:
http://content.time.com/time/politics/a ... 78,00.html

And then you get:
http://warisacrime.org/content/big-win- ... ms-exports

New favourite Clinton has already been working for this war industry, she is a wedding bomber, as paid for by the war industry. She also wanted to kidnap and execute Snowden. Lovely lady.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

01 Mar 2016, 12:34

Muirium wrote: Well, I don't know if he's richer than Trump, but he's surely richer than God. And that goes a long, long way in Murica.
Trump is chump change compared to Apple. God? Yeah your apple god Mu. :evilgeek: Reminds me how brilliantly Rockstar renamed all apple products to "iFruit" devices in GTA5. I think facebook was called "lifeinvader".

By now we sure know how much of a big fan of US politics you are webwit!
fuit.jpg
fuit.jpg (24.89 KiB) Viewed 4791 times

Muirium
µ

01 Mar 2016, 12:55

Binaries: "you're either with us or with the terrorists". Dumb. Violently so, as so much public politics takes place now as screams of anguish and hatred against straw men, from all sides.

The US government murders people around the world. Correct. That's not going to stop any time soon. Their enemies in the Middle East aren't imaginary. Isis and the like are just as determined to kill for political reasons too. The world is no utopia.

You campaign in poetry and govern in prose. Bush's prose was orders of magnitude more murderous than Obama's or Clinton's. So would be Trump's, if Americans foolishly elect him in November. Don't forget the Iraq invasion was an unforced error. I expect fresh idiocy on that scale if the conservatives rule again.

But flap your wings in any case. A thousand deaths is no better than a million. Quack!

webwit
Wild Duck

01 Mar 2016, 13:03

Do you have any numbers for that or are you pulling that theory out of your ass, so you can conveniently be a fan of the right wedding bombers? Here are my numbers: Obama increased the Bush administration's drone program five-fold (source). Result. Nobel price worthy. The chain of command decides who to target and at what cost. Highest in the chain of drone command after Obama, and executive, was a certain Hilary Clinton (source Snowden).

jacobolus

01 Mar 2016, 13:50

Amazingly enough, Obama is actually the least war-crimey US president, with the exception of Jimmy Carter, in the past 50 years, maybe in the past 100.
Obama killed Aaron Swartz, for campaign money
Aaron Swartz was a friend of mine, and his death was tragic.

This analysis, however, is a steaming pile of disgraceful horseshit.

webwit
Wild Duck

01 Mar 2016, 14:06

jacobolus wrote: Amazingly enough, Obama is actually the least war-crimey US president, with the exception of Jimmy Carter, in the past 50 years, maybe in the past 100.
Numbers? Here are some:
http://davidstockmanscontracorner.com/a ... ack-obama/
Obama killed Aaron Swartz, for campaign money
Aaron Swartz was a friend of mine, and his death was tragic.

This analysis, however, is a steaming pile of disgraceful horseshit.
No your counter argumentation is, because you have none. Point out to me where it is untrue. Biden is not a puppet of the copyright industry? Biden didn't push through harder prison times? Swartz didn't kill himself because of that prospect? Go on then.

jacobolus

01 Mar 2016, 14:23

webwit wrote: No your counter argumentation is, because you have none. Point out to me where it is untrue. Biden is not a puppet of the copyright industry? Biden didn't push through harder prison times? Swartz didn't kill himself because of that prospect? Go on then.
Huh? There’s no “counter argumentation” here. Your statement wasn’t an argument, in any meaningful sense, and neither is this followup.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

01 Mar 2016, 14:26

Muirium wrote: Bush's prose was orders of magnitude more murderous than Obama's or Clinton's. So would be Trump's, if Americans foolishly elect him in November. Don't forget the Iraq invasion was an unforced error. I expect fresh idiocy on that scale if the conservatives rule again.
How do you know this? I remember Trump saying we need to hit ISIS fast and then get out. Why do you brand him a murderer even though he hasn't been sworn into office yet? Did you look it up or are you just making the assumption off of the media's bogeyman tactics?

seebart

01 Mar 2016, 14:34

The only thing we know for sure about Trump he's a businessman with no or little political trackrecord. You can't deny that Redmaus and it's not an assault on my part.

jacobolus

01 Mar 2016, 14:36

Redmaus wrote: I remember Trump saying we need to hit ISIS fast and then get out.
Did you hear the interview where he advocated "taking out" all their families, because otherwise they wouldn’t understand we mean business?

webwit
Wild Duck

01 Mar 2016, 14:36

jacobolus wrote:
webwit wrote: No your counter argumentation is, because you have none. Point out to me where it is untrue. Biden is not a puppet of the copyright industry? Biden didn't push through harder prison times? Swartz didn't kill himself because of that prospect? Go on then.
Huh? There’s no “counter argumentation” here. Your statement wasn’t an argument, in any meaningful sense, and neither is this followup.
None then, just a logical fallacy to dismiss the points. I win this round by default! ;)

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

01 Mar 2016, 15:08

jacobolus wrote:
Redmaus wrote: I remember Trump saying we need to hit ISIS fast and then get out.
Did you hear the interview where he advocated "taking out" all their families, because otherwise they wouldn’t understand we mean business?
I'm not sure if thats a bad thing. These are terrorist families after all. But then again if they are legitimately innocent bystanders then its bad. A hard thing to gauge.
seebart wrote: The only thing we know for sure about Trump he's a businessman with no or little political trackrecord. You can't deny that Redmaus and it's not an assault on my part.
True. This is one of the things I don't like about Trump.

I'm just saying that Trump is better than Clinton or Sanders, not that he is the best president.

But he is not an idiot. I have seen a couple of his rallies and the way he talks is very friendly in a manner I have not seen in any other election. It makes you feel safe because he is that really nice guy. He knows what he is doing. That's why he has so much of the polls. Go ahead and watch one of his rallies and you will see what I mean.

jacobolus

01 Mar 2016, 15:10

Redmaus wrote: I'm not sure if thats a bad thing. These are terrorist families after all.
Um, other than the whole “explicitly a war crime” angle?
he is that really nice guy
Is this a joke? Or a troll post? His whole schtick is being a huge asshole, and proud of it. Being a bully to everyone had pretty much been his MO throughout his life. It was the premise of his reality TV show. Insulting people is the centerpiece of his political campaign.
Last edited by jacobolus on 01 Mar 2016, 15:15, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

01 Mar 2016, 15:13

He makes you feel safe if you're white.

(Being a fool helps too.)

seebart

01 Mar 2016, 15:13

Oh I have watched him, I don't think he's an idiot either. He would not have been able to make his fortune otherwise. Voters want a change I think. He stands for a change alright. But remember Obama's campaign? It was all about change, and how much was he able to change in the end?
Last edited by seebart on 01 Mar 2016, 15:15, edited 2 times in total.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

01 Mar 2016, 15:15

Like I said, I'm not sure. It violates the Geneva convention doesn't it?

I really don't know about this one. If it could help stop terrorism then yes, but at the same time I don't think its ethical.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

01 Mar 2016, 15:16

he is that really nice guy
Is this a joke? Or a troll post? His whole schtick is being a huge asshole, and proud of it.[/quote]

Its at the rallies, not the debates. I'm not sure how to describe it.

He is an asshole at the debates yeah
seebart wrote: Oh I have watched him, I don't think he's an idiot either. He would not have been able to make his fortune otherwise. Voters want a change I think. He stands for a change alright. But remember Obama's campaign? It was all about change, and how much was he able to change in the end?
I can see what you mean. However this could go for almost any candidate. I don't think he will get the necessary support in congress for deporting 11 million illegals the same as you.

Bernie's tax plans won't get through congress either. It's all who can be moderate enough and at the same time get something done.
Last edited by Redmaus on 01 Mar 2016, 15:20, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

01 Mar 2016, 15:19

US Presidents are tightly constrained when it comes to actual power. See Obama's helplessness on guns. I'm all too aware that national gun laws aren't getting any tighter this generation. Congress is too full of swivel eyed loons.

But presidents are very powerful when it comes to foreign policy. They can launch invasions at will. US military capability is unparalleled at this. Any corner of the globe: they can kick something off if the big man orders them to.

The trouble, as always, is what happens next. After Bush's invasion of Iraq, the answer was Isis.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

01 Mar 2016, 15:23

Muirium wrote: But presidents are very powerful when it comes to foreign policy. They can launch invasions at will. US military capability is unparalleled at this. Any corner of the globe: they can kick something off if the big man orders them to.

The trouble, as always, is what happens next. After Bush's invasion of Iraq, the answer was Isis.
No congress has to declare war if I'm not mistaken. President is commander in chief, but can't declare war at will.
Muirium wrote: US Presidents are tightly constrained when it comes to actual power. See Obama's helplessness on guns. I'm all too aware that national gun laws aren't getting any tighter this generation. Congress is too full of swivel eyed loons.
Why is gun control a good thing? I don't really think making a magazine two rounds shorter is going to save someone's life.

jacobolus

01 Mar 2016, 15:29

Trump isn’t an idiot. He’s a very savvy flinger of feces.

He’s really good at hitting people with cutting insults that get under their skin and challenge their social status. He took down Jeb Bush with masterful attacks questioning Bush’s masculinity over and over again. He’s also a master at deflecting inept attacks that come back the other way, and not responding emotionally when his opponents are flailing.

If you visit places like prisons or high schools, where a bored and captive group needs to invent an artificial social structure, it’s easy to find this kind of bully: the bully smart enough to outmaneuver the other bullies, but not smart enough to find something better to do with his time.

He also has no idea what’s going on in the world, and is proud of it. He doesn’t seem to care about government or policy, only proving that he’s a winner. He’s a compulsive liar. He doesn’t mind being a hypocrite, and he’s happy to change his position on any issue at any time. Vladimir Putin is his idol/bromance partner.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

01 Mar 2016, 15:33

I agree with most of that, but he rarely changes his position on anything.

Don't even get me started on Jeb Bush's campaign :roll:

Muirium
µ

01 Mar 2016, 15:35

So many things in politics are a long fight. You can't get to your goal in just one go, but must battle every step of the way. The kind of gun control America needs is a lot more than just trimming the size of magazines. Civilians should have no such things!

There's a strong case for banning private gun ownership outright. And besides, what business does any civilian have with something suited to mowing down victims en masse? Revolvers are quite deadly enough, why go beyond those?

ohaimark
Kingpin

01 Mar 2016, 15:37

Presidents can order military stuff for a limited amount of time before congress must weigh in. If an operation isn't over in 60 days things will go to shit anyways.

"The War Powers Resolution requires the President to notify Congress within 48 hours of committing armed forces to military action and forbids armed forces from remaining for more than 60 days, with a further 30 day withdrawal period, without a Congressional authorization for use of military force or a declaration of war by the United States. The resolution was passed by two-thirds of Congress, overriding a presidential veto."

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

01 Mar 2016, 15:42

Muirium wrote: So many things in politics are a long fight. You can't get to your goal in just one go, but must battle every step of the way. The kind of gun control America needs is a lot more than just trimming the size of magazines. Civilians should have no such things!

There's a strong case for banning private gun ownership outright. And besides, what business does any civilian have with something suited to mowing down victims en masse? Revolvers are quite deadly enough, why go beyond those?
Why is the ability to defend yourself bad? Criminals can will acquire guns through other means, all you would do it punish the responsible gunowners. I couldn't imagine living in the UK where the police are helpless and you can't get personal protection.

Revolvers can be concealed just like anything else. People who shoot up places don't care if its a gun free zone and see that as an opportunity for easy targets. There is no perfect world where no one has guns. But at least you can shoot back in America.

seebart

01 Mar 2016, 15:44

jacobolus wrote: He’s really good at hitting people with cutting insults that get under their skin and challenge their social status. He took down Jeb Bush with masterful attacks questioning Bush’s masculinity over and over again. He’s also a master at deflecting inept attacks that come back the other way, and not responding emotionally when his opponents are flailing.
That's right, and the last Republican debate was the first time someone else by the name of Marco Rubio used that same tatic on stage and it worked for a short while, not to mention that I thoroughly enjoyed it. :mrgreen:

webwit
Wild Duck

01 Mar 2016, 15:47

Muirium wrote: After Bush's invasion of Iraq, the answer was Isis.
The west and in particular the US corrupted the MO for its oil, placed puppet governments there or placed their favorite dictators, of which the answer was Al Qaeda where Bin Laden declared jihad as a retaliation for attacking their way of live, with religion as their main weapon (the retaliation part was safely kept out of western propaganda). Bin Laden set SA as an example of such a government corrupted by western influence by using SA terrorists in 9-11, after which the US retaliated by invading... Afghanistan and Iraq, despite the lack of SA terrorists there, but don't let that confuse you. After which Isis rose. It's an endless game of retaliation and control over oil by war lords where both Bush and Obama continued, and the next president, Trump or Clinton will continue this as their campaigns are sponsored by the industries which profit from this, while getting the vote over issues such as abortion or Mexican walls. By the way, if Isis is really about religion which they so desperately claim, all they have to do is burn the oil wells and the west will never bother you again like in Sudan. Nowhere in the holy book is oil mentioned as a need to lead a proper religious live. But hey, the riches. Puny warlords.

Muirium
µ

01 Mar 2016, 15:51

Also Israel and the small matter of the Second Coming of Christ. American Evangelicals are profoundly invested in all that. Oil is a part of the story, but not the only narrative. The Middle East is doomed to foreign meddling as long as millenarians hold sway in the world.

seebart

01 Mar 2016, 17:20

Back on topic:
Apple Wins Major Court Victory Against FBI in a Case Similar to San Bernardino
https://theintercept.com/2016/02/29/app ... ernardino/

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

01 Mar 2016, 18:41

Trump is a reflection of an electoral system that allows candidates with support from less than 10% of the registered voters to be one of two main competitors for president. A motivated minority can completely drive the discussion.

(deleted trump-related rant)
Last edited by vivalarevolución on 01 Mar 2016, 23:17, edited 1 time in total.

seebart

01 Mar 2016, 18:44

You don't need to either viva. ;) But everyone is entitled to their opinion about the man. I saw a BBC documentary about him recently, very interesting.

Return to “Off-topic”