What's Up With µ?

shreebles
Finally 60%

17 Mar 2016, 11:15

Very sorry to hear it, and best wishes, hope it will all go alright in the end.

I feel stupid for PMing you this week, please forget about it, it's not important.

bhtooefr

17 Mar 2016, 12:35

Oh no. :(

Hope everything goes as well as it possibly can...

pcaro

17 Mar 2016, 13:05

Bad news. Take care µ

klikkyklik

17 Mar 2016, 14:12

Best wishes to you and your family, Mu - hang in there.

andrewjoy

17 Mar 2016, 14:30

Well that sucks :( sorry to hear that. No huge rush on anything mate , the keyboards have been around a long time they will still be fine when your sorted.

If and when we sell off stock in my work i will see if i can sort out a good deal on a mac pro. Or i can sell you an xserve right now for a very low price.

Ray

17 Mar 2016, 19:52

Holy... all the best to you and your mum. Take your time with your family.

kokokoy

18 Mar 2016, 12:20

All the best to you and specially your mum Mu.

Muirium
µ

18 Mar 2016, 15:47

Thanks guys!
andrewjoy wrote: If and when we sell off stock in my work i will see if i can sort out a good deal on a mac pro. Or i can sell you an xserve right now for a very low price.
An Xserve? The reasons I use my Mac Pro are: loads of hard drive bays, upgraded graphics (I run it with a 4K display), supported by current OS X (with a tricky boot.efi hack I'd rather do without but $$$$…) *and* the thing's the damn quietest desktop I've ever used. Quieter than a 5K iMac under load. Probably only the lil' trashcan Mac Pro is in the same league.

My 2006 Mac Pro was a freebie. I actually picked up 2 of them from someone I know moving overseas. Only 1 good power supply between the pair, though. And even that's questionable now. I've some quality time rummaging through their aluminium guts ahead of me to see if I can salvage a working computer.

mtl

18 Mar 2016, 18:10

Good idea to get her stories and record her voice. Perhaps your passion for input devices will come in handy for finding new options for her to communicate after the surgery. Take care, Mu.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

18 Mar 2016, 18:44

Don't know how I missed this thread, best wishes to you mµ. :)

vsev

19 Mar 2016, 09:14

Been there also with my mum for a while now..Take time being close to your loved ones, best thing to do for sure mate. Wish you the best and time you'll need!

Nuum

21 Mar 2016, 14:14

Sorry, didn't manage to answer before.
I'm really sorry to hear that, all the best to your mum and you!

cookie

21 Mar 2016, 14:20

Terrible news and sad one too.. I hope she will get well soon and all the best to you and your mum.

hoggy

22 Mar 2016, 23:21

Sorry to hear it. Wishing you and those around you all the best.

Abstractions

23 Mar 2016, 02:29

Very sad news, take care and good luck.

seaworthy

23 Mar 2016, 04:12

Very sorry to hear of the challenges your mother and family are enduring. Best thoughts and prayers coming your way. Much less significantly, also a bummer about your Mac Pro. I had one of those big tanks and nothing was close to the performance (especially with the beefy GPUs you could get on the video cards)…and whisper quiet. Hoping for a bounce back on all fronts for you.

Hypersphere

02 Apr 2016, 22:05

Thought something was amiss. Thanks for sharing with us. I've sent you an email with some private thoughts that might be helpful.

Muirium
µ

25 Apr 2016, 15:29

A quick update: that's my mum under the knife the now. Her operation's a long and complex one, which took the NHS this length of time to schedule.

Apparently I'm less good at dealing with the pressure than I anticipated…

matt3o
-[°_°]-

25 Apr 2016, 15:33

my thoughts are with you, JM.

webwit
Wild Duck

25 Apr 2016, 15:37

Stay strong man. Best of luck with the operation.

Muirium
µ

25 Apr 2016, 15:38

Thanks fellas. It's a matter of wait and see. And not going through the hundred unread PMs in my inbox quite so soon, as I'm fair distracted. Hard to concentrate on much of anything.

Nuum

25 Apr 2016, 15:39

I hope everything goes well, best of luck!

cookie

25 Apr 2016, 15:42

It's hard to keep up the faith in such a moment. Especially knowing the own inadequacy being a human being, but don't lose hope. It will turn out okay, I believe there are good people doing their absolute best right now.

My thoughts are with you!

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

25 Apr 2016, 15:45

Best of luck, I hope the surgery goes well.

scottc

25 Apr 2016, 16:13

Best of luck, Mu.

derzemel

25 Apr 2016, 17:10

I am keeping all my fingers crossed for you and your mum. Best of luck Mu!

HzFaq

25 Apr 2016, 17:37

All the best mate.

Khers

25 Apr 2016, 17:54

Best of luck, Mu

chzel

25 Apr 2016, 19:45

Best of luck to your mum Mu, I'm at the hospital right now, a really loved one had surgery today, so it makes two of us (albeit a much easier operation in my case). The wait is the worst. If you need any distraction, we're here! Tapatalk to the rescue!

Muirium
µ

25 Apr 2016, 20:03

Ah, you have my sympathy too!

Her op's an all day job, with nothing for me to do to help, so I've actually been out and about getting some exercise in the sun / sleet / sun / gentle hale of the Scottish spring. I'll nip along once I get the call. Spring's only just showing up here now (there's still a lot of bare trees unless you get good and close) and it's almost May!

Back in San Diego over Christmas, winter never arrived in the first place. Strange old globe we're on.

Return to “Off-topic”