Unacceptable lies perpetrated by --Rootwyrm--

tp4tissue

02 Jun 2016, 08:51

So, here I am, silenced yet again from Geekhack...

--Rootwyrm-- has continued to defame user --Berserkfan-- who has been a member for much longer, and has demonstrated numerous times through numerous successful deals that he is an upstanding member, and would Never bother with a scam..

Berserkfan is among the most wholesome of people.

Berserkfan started a sale both here at DT and at GH..

He was negligent during the shipment phase, and the majority of the items were sent to the wrong users.

That segment of the story is correct.

However, what is incorrect, is --Rootwyrm's-- claim that this has been an intentional scam all along.. While all the evidence points to the contrary.

_The sale was profit free. (Berserk completely clearing house after buying way too many keyboards)
__Most prices were marked to sell below market value.
___The packages ARE indeed arriving, though yes (shipping error, wrong items)
____The items in the arrived packages so far does not indicate Berserkfan has at all fallen short on the sum value of this sale.

The problem all started when --Rootwyrm-- began pushing people to immediately file claims against Berserkfan..

This lead to very little maneuverability for Berserkfan to coordinate shipping responses and swaps.

Remember, you have 180 days to file a complaint with paypal..

At the point where Rootwyrm urged everyone to file, very few of the packages have even arrived at their destinations.. so demanding any action at such an early stage of the issue is nonsensical and futile.. because no redirects could happen before inventory is checked in after they've arrived.

The many claims filed through paypal froze Berserkfan's account operations, which prevented him from properly allocating the $2000 which he was putting back into an already loss lead sale to rectify shipping errors..

Through it all, because of --Rootwyrm's-- over-reactions and false accusations of scamming, Berserkfan has been pushed out from being able to make the proper fix for the Affected Buyers.

--Rootwyrm-- will say anything, lie about anything to serve his own ego..

He has made some efforts to create a spreadsheet tallying the shipment conflicts following the Berserkfan debacle..

And for those measly efforts, which amounts to checking a few paypal screenshots and creating a spreadsheet.

ANYONE can do that.. Tp4 can do that.. Tp4 WILL DO THAT if they withdraw..

But they are leveraging their paltry efforts, threatening to discontinue making a spreadsheet, only to continue their lies about Berserkfan's character, that he is an intentional Scammer..

So many people have had dealings and chats with Berserkfan. Though he is not the most eloquent english speaker, He is at his core an Upstanding individual..

Rootwyrm's continued deception and false accusations are unacceptable and should not be tolerated..

If the Geekhack mods are fearing no one will put in Effort to coordinate shipping redirects..

Tp4 is officially saying that TP4 will pick up if those efforts fall short on part of --Rootwyrm-- .

What is absolutely damning is to ALLOW people to lie, just because they THREATEN...

Seriously --Rootwyrm-- you are wrongly assuming your efforts are irreplaceable or even that difficult to begin with..

For the Complete Detailed dramatic transcriptions, ya'll can read the Geekhack thread starting from the linked message below..

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=82 ... msg2186418

On my end,

--Rootwyrm-- has specifically made accusations about Ol' Tp4.. in the following post..

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=82 ... msg2187114

Tp4 is accused of having harassed Smallfry in his memorial thread.

To clarify, Tp4 has never harassed or disparaged the user Smallfry (Nathan) who passed away tragically years ago.

Tp4 has posted some Off-topic material in the Smallfry memorial thread, I was merely attempting some levity during those tense situations.. None of the content was offensive..
Last edited by tp4tissue on 03 Jun 2016, 22:21, edited 15 times in total.

Topre Enthusiast

02 Jun 2016, 09:15

emdude
Model M Apologist

02 Jun 2016, 09:21

I do not think this is appropriate; you have quibbles with a person who isn't even a regular member on DT so why are you posting this here. I understand you have grievances with rootwyrm, but this sort of disparagement does not help those who were affected by berserkfan's screw-up. :|

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

02 Jun 2016, 09:21

Hmm...I didn't know this was the GH whiner corner? The first sentence says it all...
This is unacceptable and should not be tolerated..
Posts like this should not be tolerated. Take it up with the person in question.

tp4tissue

02 Jun 2016, 09:28

seebart wrote: Hmm...I didn't know this was the GH whiner corner? The first sentence says it all...
This is unacceptable and should not be tolerated..
Posts like this should not be tolerated. Take it up with the person in question.
Hi seebart:

Well, I can understand what you're saying,

But Deskthority is indeed the GH grief corner.. It was actually FOUNDED by members who got banned by Geekhack..

In that way, this thread is more appropriate here than anywhere else..

You must have heard the slogan, Deskthority, haven for geekhack rejects.. :lol:

Further, this truth is important, because this really isn't about me (Tp4tissue) in the grand scheme..

It's about me having exposed the wrong doings of --Rootwyrm--, and then having been silenced wrongly..

That is very important to preserving the fact of what has really transpired..

I am not in grief.. I merely need to make sure the correct information is preserved.

Thankyou for understanding.

tp4tissue

02 Jun 2016, 09:35

emdude wrote: I do not think this is appropriate; you have quibbles with a person who isn't even a regular member on DT so why are you posting this here. I understand you have grievances with rootwyrm, but this sort of disparagement does not help those who were affected by berserkfan's screw-up. :|
Hello emdude..

Please believe me, that I am NOT perpetuating drama purposelessly...

This issue affects many people along with some on Deskthority.. included within its complexity is also the efforts to organize a resolution..

I understand you are not familiar with what has transpired, it is indeed a long story.

So let me give you a quick summary to explain why this is necessary..

Berserkfan made a no profit sale.

Berserkfan shipped boxes to all the wrong addresses..

Berserkfan explained that he was going to fix it, but it could not be fixed for everyone, because at least SOME people will not be willing to exchange boxes if they got something better than what they paid for.

Before a fix could take place, as not all the packages have yet arrived at their destination..

--Rootwyrm-- egged everyone on to push for a paypal claim.. He also fabricated lies about Berserkfan being an intentional scammer. All of which is untrue.

By --Rootwyrm--'s actions, Berserkfan's paypal account was frozen, which completely prevents him from coordinating a fix and appropriating the proper refunds (Berserkfan's money) which he was putting in on top of the non-recoverable inventory that went out.

Then --Rootwyrm-- did make a basic spreadsheet to aggregate who got what package.. but he's continued to defame the Upstanding User -Berserkfan-

--Rootwyrm-- has also threatened geekhack by saying he would withdraw efforts on the spreadsheet, simply to get his way for his Lies and defamation..

Tp4 stepped in at this point to clear things up cordially.. because while everyone can agree mistakes were made.. the fact remains that Berserkfan was fixing the problem, up until the point he was Pushed-Out by --Rootwyrm-- and a few others to preserve their own interests..

Please understand that My only intention is to clear Berserkfan's name and the injustice layed upon him..

Thanks for reading..

Halvar

02 Jun 2016, 09:55

tp4tissue wrote: But Deskthority is indeed the GH grief corner.. It was actually FOUNDED by members who got banned by Geekhack..

Since 2011 seems to have returned, let me introduce everyone to a new internet fad called a "meme":
155rmm.jpg
155rmm.jpg (58.73 KiB) Viewed 7709 times
It's funny by definition btw.

tp4tissue

02 Jun 2016, 10:00

Halvar wrote:
tp4tissue wrote: But Deskthority is indeed the GH grief corner.. It was actually FOUNDED by members who got banned by Geekhack..

Since 2011 seems to have returned, let me introduce everyone to a new internet fad called a "meme":
155rmm.jpg
It's funny by definition btw.
Hahahaha..

I was extremely hesitant to speak out for Berserkfan given that I saw some things were moving in the right direction, Despite the unjust name calling by --rootwyrm--..

But there's also the LINE, between Name calling, and Slander... You can be angry at someone, but you mustn't make things up about that person to justify personal right of way.

So, I had to step in at that point.. sigh............................

Berserk fan was negligent and shipped the packages to the wrong places, but he absolutely shipped them, and at no point attempted to con people..

He was in the middle of attempting a resolution when --Rootwyrm-- tied up his hands and made it impossible for Berserkfan to continue coordinating.

Muirium
µ

02 Jun 2016, 10:16

No, guys, I'm still not buying it. Still perfectly confident that "Geek" so-called "Hack" doesn't exist beyond this elaborate multi-year rouse of yours. No way would such a police state attract the thriving community of both projects and total wankjobs that you would have us believe.

Not that my seeing through your shoddy half arsed attempt at the matrix will stop you. I'm sure the meme itself is much too fun. But rest assured we're onto you.

Next you'll have us believe in "Red" [sic] "dit" too. Shyeah right. Try harder.

tp4tissue

02 Jun 2016, 10:22

Muirium wrote: No, guys, I'm still not buying it. Still perfectly confident that "Geek" so-called "Hack" doesn't exist beyond this elaborate multi-year rouse of yours. No way would such a police state attract the thriving community of both projects and total wankjobs that you would have us believe.

Not that my seeing through your shoddy half arsed attempt at the matrix will stop you. I'm sure the meme itself is much too fun. But rest assured we're onto you.

Next you'll have us believe in "Red" [sic] "dit" too. Shyeah right. Try harder.

Hahahahahahahahaha..

I had not any idea that Deskthority zealotry existed for this long..

Well, surely now, it's clear that the Anti-establishment Roots of Deskthority shines.. :D

Muirium
µ

02 Jun 2016, 10:27

If *that's* the establishment, then I'm Che Fucking Guevara.

Pretty sure it's not, though. The real establishment hunts you down when you don't play ball. I reckon it's more of a sick social experiment run awry.

andrewjoy

02 Jun 2016, 10:28

Would a simple , there may be an issue with person x please check this thread for more info not have been enough ?

tp4tissue

02 Jun 2016, 10:35

andrewjoy wrote: Would a simple , there may be an issue with person x please check this thread for more info not have been enough ?
Hi -andrewjoy-

I have done that.. originally..

However, the onslaught of untrue fud slinging by --Rootwyrm-- continued.. So I was forced to type out text truths at full speed..

There was no alternative to these actions..

The mods there were threatened by the liar --Rootwyrm--, and they've fallen for it.. sigh.....

seebart

02 Jun 2016, 10:36

tp4tissue wrote: So, here I am, silenced yet again from Geekhack...
What a wise decision...I hope DT admin will do the same.

Muirium
µ

02 Jun 2016, 10:39

Come off it, Seebart. You know our policy: engage in open conversation. Or "threadcrapping" as Kafka called it.

seebart

02 Jun 2016, 10:46

More like engage in open whining combined with shitty random insults...that's a fucking shame.

cookie

02 Jun 2016, 10:56

Last edited by cookie on 02 Jun 2016, 11:00, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

02 Jun 2016, 10:59

The trouble with censorship is it snowballs in the long run. Sure, we nix spam, but pretty much everything else is allowed to stand. This extreme simplicity works out pretty well at our scale. One example from the Choc master:

off-topic-f10/does-this-make-me-2-ban-o ... hip#p95991

tp4tissue

02 Jun 2016, 11:03

cookie wrote: Image
It belongs here on Deskthority.. The haven for Geekhack totalitarian outcasts.. :lol:

Muirium
µ

02 Jun 2016, 11:07

Maybe best put in the tidy little camp:

marketplace-f30/

tp4tissue

02 Jun 2016, 11:14

Muirium wrote: Maybe best put in the tidy little camp:

marketplace-f30/
Eventually sure..

But this issue is happening right now, and it affects packages still in transit along with the user sentiment to those orders..

JBert

02 Jun 2016, 11:16

Now this is a lie.

The DT founders just wanted to do their own thing and started DeskThority before anyone was banned from Geekhack, and even then it was just one of the founders, and the banning was mostly iMav's overreaction.

Get your facts straight and tone down the drama, please.

tp4tissue

02 Jun 2016, 11:25

JBert wrote:

Now this is a lie.

The DT founders just wanted to do their own thing and started DeskThority before anyone was banned from Geekhack, and even then it was just one of the founders, and the banning was mostly iMav's overreaction.

Get your facts straight and tone down the drama, please.
Hahaha.. so it is not a lie.. I was referring to that same founder, and the deskthority tradition in being a haven for geekhack bannings..

But, thanks for clearing up the precise information regarding DT foundation.

This thread is my attempt at the same task of clearing up information regarding berserkfan shipping errors.

cookie

02 Jun 2016, 11:27

That complete nonsense...

I wonder what your goal is? Do you really think this thread will change anything what may or may not be wrong with Geekhack?
Do you think that I know or even care what all this is about? This doesn't belong here neither does it concern me in any way.

Why people have this misconception that bashing Geekhack is okay here?
I like Deskthority, that's the reason I am here. I am also on Geekhack and I enjoy it for different reasons.

I you might wan't to let off some steam but this "Deskthority is a community of exiled GH users" bullshit has to stop.

I probably got baited by a troll anyway :(

tp4tissue

02 Jun 2016, 11:36

cookie wrote: That complete nonsense...

I wonder what your goal is? Do you really think this thread will change anything what may or may not be wrong with Geekhack?
Do you think that I know or even care what all this is about? This doesn't belong here neither does it concern me in any way.

Why people have this misconception that bashing Geekhack is okay here?
I like Deskthority, that's the reason I am here. I am also on Geekhack and I enjoy it for different reasons.

I you might wan't to let off some steam but this "Deskthority is a community of exiled GH users" bullshit has to stop.

I probably got baited by a troll anyway :(

It's appropriate for the thread to be here, because the shipping issue is ongoing and involve at least Some DT members..

If those members are novices, they might not be aware of all the facts involved..

I had to port it over to DT because the other thread at GH was removed after --Rootwyrm-- threatened the geekhack mods, that he would discontinue making a simple spreadsheet which tallied who got which packages..

While I can understand why the mods would want to preserve efforts that may lead to rectification of the package issue..

It's really a simple spreadsheet that anyone can make..

THe spreadsheet itself is also only a trivial step with regards to fixing things, because ultimately it will be the people coming forward redirecting packages that makes the difference.

But again.. Tp4 is willing to pick up making said spreadsheet.. :roll:

cookie

02 Jun 2016, 11:38

Did the sale take place here or only at GH?

JBert

02 Jun 2016, 11:44

cookie wrote: Did the sale take place here or only at GH?
It was on both, check this thread by berserkfan.

tp4tissue

02 Jun 2016, 11:47

cookie wrote: Did the sale take place here or only at GH?
It was on both sites ..

Which is why it's not only relevant, but necessary.

As -rootwyrm- and his fellows have perpetuated unproven allegations as facts..

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

02 Jun 2016, 12:07

Do you understand that we don't give a shit about your GH drama?

tp4tissue

02 Jun 2016, 12:26

ramnes wrote: Do you understand that we don't give a shit about your GH drama?
I've edited the OP to properly reflect the purpose of this post.

I realize that when I copied it over from Geekhack, the message was not clear..

THis is not really about my personal misgivings with --Rootwyrm-- , that is secondary to the False claims he's made against Berserkfan.

The relevance to DT is that Berserkfan's sales thread covered both forums.. and the correct information is preserved in this thread to keep those who were involved informed..

Hopefully the edit clears up the issue for the -users- who did not yet understand the situation.

Return to “Off-topic”