How do you swear?

ohaimark
Kingpin

20 Jun 2016, 00:13

My all time favorite is from an early Machinima called Arby 'n' the Chief.

"Cockmangling queefburger."

I think that was the origin of the insult, at least.

derzemel

29 Jun 2016, 14:13

bhahahahhahaha... Richard Hammond in a swearing fit:

Julle

07 Jul 2016, 23:02

The ones I usually resort to are vitun vittu (fucking fuck) and vittujen kevät (springtime of cunts). Saatanan saatana is something I usually say when being jokingly bummed out. No translation necessary, I guess.

derzemel

07 Jul 2016, 23:35

Julle wrote:The ones I usually resort to are vitun vittu (fucking fuck) and vittujen kevät (springtime of cunts). Saatanan saatana is something I usually say when being jokingly bummed out. No translation necessary, I guess.
Finnish is such a nice language. It sounds mellodical even when you say vulgarities
Last edited by derzemel on 08 Jul 2016, 11:48, edited 1 time in total.

Chyros

07 Jul 2016, 23:44

Julle wrote: The ones I usually resort to are vitun vittu (fucking fuck) and vittujen kevät (springtime of cunts). Saatanan saatana is something I usually say when being jokingly bummed out. No translation necessary, I guess.
No perkele? ;D

How about "damn bastard poopoo-headed wanker?" Image

Findecanor

08 Jul 2016, 11:46

When I've hammered by thumb or cut myself accidentally or otherwise royally screwed up when making something, I have found myself yelling "Kukhuvudet Bengtsson". First word translates to "dickhead", the next is a surname.
I don't know anyone named Bengtsson, so there is no sense to it at all other than being an imaginary idiot to blame the mess-up on.
Last edited by Findecanor on 10 Jul 2016, 17:54, edited 3 times in total.

mmaruda

08 Jul 2016, 18:12

When I am disappointed or just bitter about something, I say it's "smutne jak chuj w lany poniedziałek", which translates to "sad as a dick on Wet Monday". It does not make much sense and I am not sure how I picked it up, but in certain situations it just seem appropriate to use.

elecplus

08 Jul 2016, 19:16

Around here we have a saying that rainy days are only good for 3 things, and 2 of them are done in bed :-)

emdude
Model M Apologist

08 Jul 2016, 19:18

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

10 Jul 2016, 05:10

American swear language is so limited compared to what I'm seeing here. We have some work to do.

Chyros

10 Jul 2016, 05:30

A British friend of mine went to the US for a year to do a postdoc there. He said he was surprised by how little swearing there was. Conversely, all the American guys were shocked at his swearing xD . He said if you call someone the C-word the whole room goes quiet xD .

I wonder how they'd react yo my presence :lol: .

scottc

10 Jul 2016, 09:15

mmaruda wrote: When I am disappointed or just bitter about something, I say it's "smutne jak chuj w lany poniedziałek", which translates to "sad as a dick on Wet Monday". It does not make much sense and I am not sure how I picked it up, but in certain situations it just seem appropriate to use.
That phrase is amazing. The Polish language is just so versatile for swearing!

Khers

10 Jul 2016, 15:41

I usually use something short. Most often one of these three: satan, satfläsk and fitta. The first one probably needs no explanation. The second one translates to satan's flesh and the third one is Swedish for cunt.

Chyros

10 Jul 2016, 17:14

All I know of Swedish swearing is what Pewdiepie tells me xD .

scottc

10 Jul 2016, 17:43

Khers wrote: I usually use something short. Most often one of these three: satan, satfläsk and fitta. The first one probably needs no explanation. The second one translates to satan's flesh and the third one is Swedish for cunt.
Surprisingly religious swear words for a country that's not so into their religion! It's similar in Ireland, the phrases "oh my god" and "Jesus [fucking] Christ" are just so ingrained into our society that even the non-religious people use them on a regular basis.

Khers

10 Jul 2016, 20:03

Out of the Swedes I know, calling upon Satan, hell or yelling genitals are by far the most common swear words. I don't know why we tend to use swear words with religious meanings when, as you point out, we are very secular people. I don't know anyone who uses longer sentences for his/her cursing, like, in particular, the Romanians have testified. That doesn't mean that Swedes aren't as creative when it comes to swearing, just that I don't know very creative people, I guess. :D

fohat
Elder Messenger

10 Jul 2016, 20:33

Khers wrote:
I don't know anyone who uses longer sentences for his/her cursing, like, in particular, the Romanians have testified.
I don't hear it much either. For smashing your thumb with a hammer or screaming at someone in traffic, there is seldom time or attention for more than a few words. My cursing is usually just an expression of anger or frustration, I don't use bad language for the sheer joy of hearing it come out of my mouth, except perhaps for the occasional "That was fucking great!" or something like that. A dirty joke may have considerable cursing spread throughout, but it has the narrative to complete as well.

Perhaps if someone gave me 30 seconds to express what I think of Donald Trump I could get creative.

scottc

10 Jul 2016, 21:58

I like to think of swear words as "Sentence Enhancers", as per Spongebob Squarepants:

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

10 Jul 2016, 23:05

Chyros wrote: A British friend of mine went to the US for a year to do a postdoc there. He said he was surprised by how little swearing there was. Conversely, all the American guys were shocked at his swearing xD . He said if you call someone the C-word the whole room goes quiet xD .

I wonder how they'd react yo my presence :lol: .
I blame it on the Christian heritage.

fohat
Elder Messenger

10 Jul 2016, 23:10

vivalarevolución wrote:
Chyros wrote:
He said if you call someone the C-word the whole room goes quiet
Jews and Muslims also consider the female genitalia to be unclean.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

11 Jul 2016, 08:26

fohat wrote: Jews and Muslims also consider the female genitalia to be unclean.
I am only aware of a single country where douches are commonly used. The land of the sterile vaginas ...

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

12 Jul 2016, 00:52

fohat wrote:
vivalarevolución wrote:
Chyros wrote:
He said if you call someone the C-word the whole room goes quiet
Jews and Muslims also consider the female genitalia to be unclean.
I was talking about swearing in the USA in general, not just lady parts.

Return to “Off-topic”